3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Component Speakers...New Some Advice/Help?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2008, 10:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Component Speakers...Need Some Advice/Help?

For all you guys out there with significant audio upgrades, particularly component speakers up front, where did you put them? In Kick Pods or factory speaker location?

I want to do kick pods since it will be better than dynamatting the whole stupid door and sealing everything off. In addition the 6x9 slot looks to me like it will need some custom brackets to fit. I am getting a little stumped in my search for kick pods though because they are seemingly hard to find and when I do find them, are pretty costly.

What started out as a simple project to upgrade my sound system keeps getting more complicated and more expensive. Not sure where to go with this. I would be better off if I could just be happy with some upgraded coax speakers, but having had nice audio in the past, it is just too hard to stop there....

Last edited by Strjock81; 02-28-2008 at 11:05 PM. Reason: Getting Tired....Making Mistakes
Old 02-29-2008, 12:55 AM

Originally Posted by Strjock81
For all you guys out there with significant audio upgrades, particularly component speakers up front, where did you put them? In Kick Pods or factory speaker location?

I want to do kick pods since it will be better than dynamatting the whole stupid door and sealing everything off. In addition the 6x9 slot looks to me like it will need some custom brackets to fit. I am getting a little stumped in my search for kick pods though because they are seemingly hard to find and when I do find them, are pretty costly.

What started out as a simple project to upgrade my sound system keeps getting more complicated and more expensive. Not sure where to go with this. I would be better off if I could just be happy with some upgraded coax speakers, but having had nice audio in the past, it is just too hard to stop there....

Use factory locations with focal or infinity kappa 6.5s. Cartoys quoted me $15 for both brackets for my kappas. It comes out much cleaner looking IMO. Do you have a stock infinity system? It gave me fits, turns out you cant put a crossover after that amp. The infinitys are great they kept up with my L7s better than expected
Old 02-29-2008, 06:17 AM

I've got a 3 way comp. set in my front. I used Q-Logics kick panels that I bought local. You can find them on ebay new for around 150 just do a search. Yes you do need to build a baffle if you use your 6x9 hole. Get 3/4 mdf board from home depot take your 6x9 lay it on your mdf draw around it. Then take your new driver lay it inside your 6x9 drawing and draw around it. Cut out your inside hole 1st then cut out your new baffle. Make sure to water proof it. I used second skin audio matte for deadning my doors. It's all real simple no need to pay someone to do this. Simply clean your doors with a degreaser then lay the deadner over your entire door. Over lap if you have too. Then cut out your 6x9 hole only. Oh you will have a few holes where the door skin hooks into your door. I have 4" and my tweets in my kicks then I have a bad *** 6" in my doors. I high recommend a 3 way set I will never use a two way again. Hope this helps.
Old 02-29-2008, 08:47 AM

Look at www.crutchfield.com they include the bracket and everything you need. Just put in your truck and they give you a list of what fits.
Old 02-29-2008, 11:24 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If you want to find some good audio deals, here ya go: www.woofersetc.com

I got my L5 15 for a steal, brand new in the box.
Old 02-29-2008, 07:27 PM

I am running boston acoustics Pro60's in the front stock locations. I like the bostons because you can mount the tweeter in a bracket like a coax or remote mount the tweeter which allowed me an easier installation. The thick plastic and poor angle of the speakers doesnt allow the sound to be at its best so in the future I will cut out the factory grill and make fiberglass pods to go in there.
Old 03-01-2008, 09:08 AM

Also OnlineCarStereo.com has some good deals,I just picked up Infinity kappa series speakers for my dads truck amd what I thought was a really good price.
Joe
Old 03-01-2008, 10:47 AM
Banned

Thumbs up

Polk Audio SR6500

Try ebay.
Old 01-06-2010, 06:44 PM

Cool suggestion to upgrade stero system 2002

hello,,,,

looking to some ideas on upgrading my stero system.

it all stock system,,,i'm just up on todays new stuff and to stero's.

thanks marty,,,

bring on the snow,,,,,$$$$$$
Old 01-08-2010, 10:46 PM

I am running Dyn's with the tweet in the A pilar, facing the windsheild, mid in the factory location and the 8 mid bass in the door.
http://www.dynaudio.com/eng/auto/esotec/362.php