3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Common Rail EDM's and what?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2005, 03:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Common Rail EDM's and what?

Hello Everyone,

I'm preparing to drop a '04 305/555 in my Sub, and have been reading a lot (!!!!)

Don's EDM injectors sound like a great product.

Some questions I have:

1) Do the power gains come from the injectors alone?

2) Beyond this, do they (or any injector change) work better/worse/different with a box? Or, similarly, does it matter and how?

3) Perhaps a related question to #2 -- do they work better with pressure or duration boxes (does it matter?)

4) I noticed that Don/F1 is also working on a box... Any comments here?

Thanks all who respond.

Regards, Mark

Old 03-22-2005, 07:10 AM

I believe on the common rail systems, you really need a box on the motor to realize the full benefits of aftermarket injectors.
Old 03-22-2005, 10:21 AM

Unless you just want pure fuel mileage and EGT reduction then use them alone. His ratings are at stock levels. He only makes 30 and 40 HP injectors because when you add a high HP box this # seems to almost multiply because of the added injection pulse length. He is also making his own pressure box that I believe is tuned around the TST box for his injectors.
Old 03-22-2005, 12:15 PM

Thank you both for your replies & comments.

Regarding the 30 & 40 HP thing -- doesn't the website mention Mach 1,1.5,2,3,4,5, & 6? By recall, only 1-->4 are recommended without additional 'support' (turbo/box/etc) of some sort... Perhaps I am thinking of a different product than you.

Anyhow -- it sounds like there aren't any negative indications for "stacking" injectors and boxes, such as type of box (timing .vs. pressure) etc? It seems that diesels, since they don't target a particular A/F ratio, are quite forgiving!

Thanks again,

Mark
-

Originally posted by mattymac
Unless you just want pure fuel mileage and EGT reduction then use them alone. His ratings are at stock levels. He only makes 30 and 40 HP injectors because when you add a high HP box this # seems to almost multiply because of the added injection pulse length. He is also making his own pressure box that I believe is tuned around the TST box for his injectors.
Old 03-22-2005, 03:57 PM

Originally posted by mattymac
I thought the 40hp injectors were designed around the amount of fuel that the TST puts out. I was under the impression that he was making higher horsepower injectors for those folks that aren't using the TST. I could be wrong, though.
Old 03-22-2005, 04:20 PM

Ah... so, they were *designed* (the 40's, at least) for TST? That's cool. It would also explain his working on a modified TST for better integration with his own design goals for the injectors?

Are there a lot of folks running the Machs?

Thanks, Mark

Originally posted by LinearX
I thought the 40hp injectors were designed around the amount of fuel that the TST puts out. I was under the impression that he was making higher horsepower injectors for those folks that aren't using the TST. I could be wrong, though.