3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Common Rail EDM Injectors

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2005, 05:47 PM
DTR Advertiser

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Any of the 03 and 04 engines can use these injectors. But not the 04.5/600. They are designed around efficiency, so mileage gains were in mind and they seem to add mileage or at least not take anything away. Over extruded injectors we get a mileage increase. Depending on how cruddy the extrudes are...we have seen up to 4 MPG better.

They give a smoother power band and reduced EGT, even over stock injectors as well as a 100 degree lower cruise EGT and up to a 250 degree WOT reduction. Comparing honed injectors we have gained over 100 HP and lost 400 degrees of EGT using the TST on higher settings.

Any duration extension method and or pressure combination will work very well with these injectors. The TST box would be the best since we dialed them with the TST.
The Edge Juice, Bully downloader with or without the Crazy Larry, Dirty Sanchez or whatever they are calling the program this week will all work well.

Adding to this we just about have a pressure box that will stack with the injectors, TST or other duration boxes and make the absolute best power out there. While giving EGT levels we can all live with a little easier.

The advertised HP using the TST is 40 over a stock injector, but we have gained 60 plus with the single charger trucks and 50 with twin trucks. Adding our pressure box stack we could easily have 75 to 100. I suspect the 100 will be a reality for most trucks/combinations. Where a honed injector will cost you 100 or more with max settings on the TST we can add power.

These flat out flow the fuel, but do so in a very controlled manner and with much less internal cavitation than the stock injectors suffer from with increased pressure and injection duration. The gain is from efficient design and more fuel quantity making its way into the cylinders, but with the TST they can be turned down and be much more driveable than even the stock injectors.

Don~
Old 03-04-2005, 06:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don M - Sorry for not being aware, but are you selling these injectors yet? If so, then how much and contact info.

Thanks
Old 03-04-2005, 06:37 PM
DTR Advertiser

We are currently out of stock, but building a pile now. The price is just over 1 large. Perhaps with any luck I will have some sets out of here by next week, but the waiting list is getting pretty long.

Rip Rook or Bob Wagner are in your neck of the Woods. Portland and Seattle respectivley. Either one can help.

Don~
Old 03-05-2005, 06:11 AM

Don when do you think you will have something for the 05's??

I just bought my truck and dont even have a box yet, but I try to plan everything out and only buy parts once. With that in mind which box would you recommend getting with your injectors in mind later on?

Thanks!!!
Old 03-06-2005, 10:30 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Don,
I have just ordered a set for my '04 to be used with Banks the stuff in my signature from Olee Poole. Please note that I also ordered a set for an '05 TDI VW Beetle 1.9 PD engine. I know you don't have them yet, but I wish to be FIRST.
I am a bit confused on how this works. I expect a set of injectors in the mail that I can change. Am I supposed to send the stock injectors back you?
Steve
Old 03-06-2005, 10:48 AM
DTR Advertiser

Steve, I dont know the details that Olee worked out with you. I will call him on Monday.

In most cases the injectors from your truck need to be pulled by you and sent to me. This insures we start with a set that is in working order. Your truck will be down for an extended period, but shipping with DHL is no real issue to Germany. Ususally two days each way. It takes one day for me to mod the injectors and send back out.

Don~
Old 03-07-2005, 10:42 PM

Curious as to the gains with a 03 Standard Output. So, if they are 60 hp on an HO, what do they give you on a standard output? Same gains or more or less?
Old 03-07-2005, 10:52 PM
DTR Advertiser

It seems like 60 or more. I dont have a bunch of data on the SO yet.

Don~
Old 03-08-2005, 12:30 AM

Hey Don,

I dont run any boxes on my truck and I refuse to. I like mechanical hp and i am looking for injectors to provide most of my grunt.

With a B1, ats manifold, 6 inch exhaust, scheid cam, afe intake, airdog and dual disk clutch what are the biggest EDM's I can run? I don't tow and smoke is a good thing.

thanks
Dave