3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Common Rail EDM Injectors

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2004, 03:49 PM
DTR Advertiser

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TST box only! NO pressure box.

Old 10-03-2004, 04:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don,

Do you have a rough idea of what levels you will be offering these in? Are we getting closer to a release date or are we still talking a few months out? How about the availability of blank tips at this point?

Thanks,

Richard
Old 10-03-2004, 05:35 PM
DTR Advertiser

We will have 60-120 HP versions. Including a specific TST and VA duration box injector.

Looks like a 60, 80, 100, and a 120 for the pressure box trucks. And a 30-40 for the TST box. So the guys that are getting the large gains on the TST will get an additional 30-40 on top of that.

Once the Edge duration style box becomes more prevalent we will have one for that as well

More testing is needed and I have not stopped. It just takes some time to test everything completely.

Don~
Old 10-03-2004, 08:16 PM

Good news!

Don, in your opinion does the EZ/injectors combo have smoother power than the TST/injectors at the same HP and TQ output?

How about the EGT's with the 30's and 40's with the TST at various levels?

Keep up the Good work Don!
Old 10-03-2004, 09:17 PM

I am running a set of EDM's in my truck. They make more power than the DD3's I was running before. I don't know how they compare to Don's EDM's but these things make some power.

digger
Old 10-03-2004, 09:19 PM

How would they work in conjunction with the Six Gun? Or would they even? And if i read that right ... that was a 4 mpg INCREASE??? That sounds pretty sweet indeed. Im all for something that increases power and nets a noticable increase in economy.
Old 10-03-2004, 10:40 PM

Originally posted by Don M
We will have 60-120 HP versions. Including a specific TST and VA duration box injector.

Looks like a 60, 80, 100, and a 120 for the pressure box trucks. And a 30-40 for the TST box. So the guys that are getting the large gains on the TST will get an additional 30-40 on top of that.

Once the Edge duration style box becomes more prevalent we will have one for that as well

More testing is needed and I have not stopped. It just takes some time to test everything completely.

Don~
Will it be possible to get any higher gains than 30-40hp from the EDMs when combined with the TST? Do you plan on having a twin turbo injector for the Common Rail like the Mach 6's are to the 24-valves?

Brandon
Old 10-04-2004, 07:03 AM

Edge duration style box

Originally posted by Don M

Don~
Don,

Then are you talking about the new Juice w/Attitude re: your comment abv? I suppose it will be more like the HP gains for the TST then with 30 -40HP?
Old 10-04-2004, 07:05 AM

EDMs

Don,

Will a dealer tech be able to visually tell these injectors from stock?
Old 10-04-2004, 11:25 AM
DTR Advertiser

First, any modified stock Bosch nozzle using EDM is dangerous and will threaten the long term durability of the part.

I dont use stock Bosch stuff and EDM the holes larger.

The TST and EDM's make more power than any available honed injector you can get when used together. Mileage increases of 4 MPG over a honed injector is the data we are getting in testing. I dont promise you will get 24 MPG though.

My nozzles are not stock and they do "look" different so anyone that is paying attention will be able to tell they are not stock.

I dont know what the new Edge box will add with the injectors, but if my sources are right the Edge box will be less powerful than the TST. This tells me the gains could be good with the Edge/EDM combo.

I dont have any data on the 6 gun yet.

Don~
Old 10-04-2004, 11:41 AM

EDM + stacked boxes,..does it work

Don,

According to DLeno's box summary I should be able to get better performance and driveability using the Juice stacked with the EZ as the Juice is Timing and duration with no fueling and then the EZ would provide additional fueling. Will the EDM's give me a bump on top of that combo and still give a bit of reduction in EGT and the better mpgs? Your opinion??

Tks.
Old 10-04-2004, 11:56 AM
DTR Advertiser

I dont know yet on the Edge Juice. Anything I say now is a guess at best.

The TST does timing only as well in the lowest level. The only box I have tried stacked is the TST and the Edge EZ or the TST and pressure box ( The Igniter ) we are working on. Same results, but our box adds more low end power than the EZ. You dont have to wait as long on the power to come up as you do with the EZ.

More testing is underway. I plan on extensive testing with alll the boxes.

So far tested is: The Edge EZ, The F1 Igniter, the TST PMCR. All stacked and run alone with various injectors. Honed and EDM.

No testing on the Edge Juice or the 6 Gun.

Don~
Old 10-14-2004, 06:26 PM

Just a bump. I am eagerly awaiting the results of Don's testing. IE new injectors.
Old 10-20-2004, 10:02 PM

First, any modified stock Bosch nozzle using EDM is dangerous and will threaten the long term durability of the part.

I dont use stock Bosch stuff and EDM the holes larger.
I thought that's what you do (make the holes larger). Isn't that why they're called "EDM" injectors?

Who else makes Dodge common rail injectors besides Bosch?

I never liked the idea of just changing nozzles. Although it would make my life much easier. In the end, bad things can happen.
Ok if you are not changing nozzles, is it something else? How can you be sure you are not plugging the bleed orifices either?

Quick Reply: Common Rail EDM Injectors