3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Commander fuel pressure sending unit

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2008, 09:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quad

Where are you man?????
Old 04-10-2008, 08:12 AM

dont feel bad this will be my 5th yes 5th sensor from quad at 25 buck at a time.i do like quads stuff but this is getting out of hand.now i need to get another sending unit because this one is going bad also.i been thinking about getting the genos filter cap and putting on a mech gauge just in case because i just dont trust the commander fp readings anymore.has anyone else went with the filter cap and put on a mech gauge on there. any pics?
Old 04-10-2008, 08:53 AM

Hey quad just an idea: one of the reasons you mentioned discontinuing the fp sender is becouse the ones that would work you said were aerospace units or something that was real expensive. I think I would still be willing to pay the inflated cost just to secure a working gauge.
Old 04-10-2008, 09:33 AM

I think he is limited to a certain style of sending units due to the original design of the commander and its internal hardware and signal that the sending unit operates on. Basically he can't just up and change the rules in the middle of the game. We may have to wait till a hardware re-design to be able to attach a different style sending unit to the end of the harness. I know there are heavy duty and light duty units in the design that was used with the commander but it probably needs a whole nother type of unit and that is what will make it expensive for those of use that already have a commander because ours will not work if he introduces a whole new sending unit right now. I know something will eventually change and I will be waiting to buy it when it does because i've always had great experiences with Quads stuff.
Old 04-10-2008, 09:42 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
after reading the post i added a 18" grease gun hose and a snubber to my olive color sender i think you should t off of the banjo bolt and add a 2ond grease gun hose and go to a snubber and use a glycerine filled gauge northern tool has them for $14. i only use mine to tell me when it is time to change filter and not interested in the acuracy of the reading you hot roders fore some reason may be trying to get a quicker reading than would get with snubber and glycerine if that is the case i found a 16psi stewart warner surplus gauge from surplus center that will hold up to the constant movement i have them on the vp44 work trucks one has nearly 300,000 on it, the only reason i added the snubber to the glycerine filled gauge was because i was driving that truck and the copper line was making noise , one more thing yesterday when i added the grease gun hose to the commander i lost my reading , forgot to add my ground that i lost in the hose embearasing. and i cant spell