3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Codes on Ramifier

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2004, 09:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Codes on Ramifier

I installed a Ramifier today ,04 HO 48 re and the check engine light came on. What do I do now? I even ran a wire to the neg. battery post to cancel out interferance as told to by TS Performance The truck does run OK, but am afraid to drive much longer with the light on. Any suggestions.

Thanks, Steve
Old 03-27-2004, 09:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would suggest you get a hold of TS Performance and have then swap out your box. Dennis has been selling a butt load of these boxes, despite the high pressure warnings. The thing is, the RAMifier has been very reliable for running code free. Odds are, you just got a box with a glitch. Have him swap it out. What code are you getting?
Old 03-27-2004, 11:09 PM

AK Ram

How do you pull the codes up?
Thanks, Steve
Old 03-28-2004, 01:14 AM

You want to put the key in the ignition and cycle it to the "on" position three times without cranking the truck. On…off...on…off….on---hold it. The third time, leave the key in the "on" position and look at your odometer. If there are any codes stored, it will flash them at you, each one for just a second, then flash "DONE", and go back to the odometer reading. The codes should be "P" something. Like P0320, or P4510, etc.
Old 03-28-2004, 09:45 AM

Thank you AK RAM
Old 03-28-2004, 10:17 AM

Codes p-0113 Intake air/ Charge Temp Sensor High.
What to do now ?

Thanks ' Steve
Old 03-28-2004, 02:17 PM

If that sensor detects there is more, cooler air available, the ECM will allow more fuel to be dumped into the cylinders, hence more power. With that in mind, I guess it is possible that is one of the signals the RAMifier is screwing with in its quest for horsepower. I dunno, just a thought. The signal from that sensor goes back to the ECM for use, so anything is possible. The RAMifier could have your ECM skitzing out, but I would suspect you would see other problems as well if that were the case. I still think you have a box with a glitch.

Most folks that get intake air sensor codes is a result of installing an aftermarket intake and forgetting to re-install the intake air sensor, or not pushing it in all the way before screwing it down since it can be a pain getting the o-ring to seat all the way into the hole. Another reason will be folks with an aftermarket oil filer who just cleaned and re-oiled, but oiled to heavily and the sensor is coated, preventing it from reading correctly. Recently do any of those?

That is just about all I can think of that would cause that code. Have you removed the RAMifier to see if the "check engine" light goes out? The fact that the sensor is picking up a "High" reading verses an "I'm not working" reading makes me think the RAMifier might have a hand in it. If that is causing it, the code will remain for a while but the light will go out immediately after you unplug the box....then you would know.

I still think a call to TS will be warranted first thing Monday morning. Let us know how it turns out!
Old 03-28-2004, 02:25 PM

AK RAM

Thank you very much for the reply and picture.

Steve