3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Clear Cab Roof Lights

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2004, 12:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How hard is it to instal clearance lights if you don't have them. My 01' does't have them but after seeing the clear one I think they would look good with my white truck. I wouldn't think it would take too much to install them, but I don't know. has anyone done this before?
Old 10-22-2004, 12:39 AM

Rancho, absolutely awesome! I agree with what Hoss says, only the duallys are required by law( at least here in Canada) to have clearance lights of the prescribed color because of the width issue of the truck.,If they are not required, they probably can be any color except red,or blue. The lights are also required on the front and back of the rear(over-width)fenders and 5 red facing rear( 2 tail lights, plus the 3 in between on the light bar on the tailgate) on a dually. Mark.
Old 10-22-2004, 04:33 AM

Do they come with a template for drilling like the factory kit? I too don't have them and will have to drill holes...
Old 10-22-2004, 07:14 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Rancho,
That is one sweet ride!

Recon,
Do you offer just the lenses only?

MikeyB
Old 10-22-2004, 09:04 AM

Fastzilla, Mikey B, and dodg301

To answer your ?'s seperately in the same post.

Dodg301,

Its funny you ask. My friend has the same year you have, and he just recently put the 99-02 set on his ride. Obviously you have to get complete wiring to make this happen. It looks great, and was really not that difficult to do. I would tell you, if you are not that exact with a drill, I would reccommend you going to have them installed professionally. It should not cost that much. In the long run, you will be thrilled.

Fastzilla,

I can email you the exact directions to make the install easy. Like I said above, I personally would have them professionally installed.

Mikey B,

Thanks for the compliment. I appreciate it. I dont think that just the lens is available because the Dodge trucks come with the entire housing, unlike the newer Ford's where its just the lens. When you remove the screw in the Ford, you still have the base attched to the roof of the truck. With the Dodge's The whole base and "housing" comes off. I hope this answers your ?.
Old 10-22-2004, 10:15 AM

Thanks Rancho71 for the info. I'm going to check into it on getting some installed.
As far as the colors go, as long as you do not have a red or blue light coming from the front it does not matter what color you use. Just no red or blue in front and no white lights coming from the rear of your vehicle. At least here in Oregon anyway.
Old 10-22-2004, 12:14 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Rancho,
You answered my question. Thanks!

MikeyB
Old 10-22-2004, 01:19 PM

To all New Generation Dodge Diesel Truck Owners:

Please post pics of your vehicles with our RECON cab roof lighst installed. We are selecting various vehicles for our 2005 catalog. Our selection process is rather simple...if your truck looks good and it has our new roof lights installed, there's a good chance we'll use it.

Thanks again for your continued support.
Old 10-22-2004, 02:01 PM

This link below takes you to images of our different lens color options for 1st, 2nd, & 3rd Generation Dodge Turbo Diesel Trucks:

CLICK HERE to see different lens color options available

Each set comes complete in retail packaging with five super white bulbs, wiring, & lens housings and can be installed in under a half hour with simple tools.
Old 10-22-2004, 02:24 PM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'd like to see what they look like on other colors....specifically graphite (dark gray). They look REALLY slick on the silver but I wonder if they'd look as good on other colors.
Old 10-22-2004, 06:53 PM

What do you think... Clear or Smoke on black?
Old 10-22-2004, 07:16 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Rancho,

Just to be sure . . .

Your pics are of the clear lenses on a bright silver truck, right?

Thanks,
Neil
Old 10-22-2004, 08:12 PM

How about some black trucks with them?
Old 10-22-2004, 08:23 PM

NEIL

(Rancho,

Just to be sure . . .

Your pics are of the clear lenses on a bright silver truck, right?

Thanks,
Neil)

Rancho,

Neil,

My Truck is with smoke colored lenses. I have tinted windows, so I thought it would match better. The only difference, besides color, is that My aftermarket lens has a black base , thus giving the impression of a tinted or smoked lens cover versus, the clear aftermarket lens has a chrome base, giving it a totally Clear look. I hope that made sense...They all are nice, smoke, clear or super white, it just goes by preference. A buddy of mine just got the clear for his Navy colored truck. He will post in a couple of days, or I can send you an email to show you how they look.If you want, go to ebay, and serach for CLEAR CAB ROOF LIGHTS, so you can get a better idea of what I'm saying.

Good luck...
Old 10-22-2004, 10:07 PM

Is that black base under the smoke lens hard plastic or rubber? Just thinking about these cracking ambers we have now, with a soft base under them they might not be cracking.

Quick Reply: Clear Cab Roof Lights