3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Carli Suspension/Defiant products

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2006, 02:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yea, I talked to him over the phone and he told me the same thing. So I just keep waiting I guess, lol. Waiting for pics of the Carli suspension too. Does the dual stabilizer really make a huge difference off road? It looks awesome, but it's a lot of money.
Old 08-22-2006, 06:58 PM

Some Carli DSS photo's

Front

Couple more, left and right view that show a little more detail:

Left

Right

Sage and Paul have their act together and take care of business. Wait till ya see what they've got coming next!
Old 08-22-2006, 07:44 PM

looks cool

Couple questions, I have this on the kore one as well.
How well do the clamps do at holding the shocks in place?
Also, what about the additional stress on the diff cover bolts?

I guess I am asking if you have seen any movement there or is it not a concern?
Not trying to pick it apart, just a question.

I am thinking about going this route soon, just wondered how it was treatin others who have made the jump.

Thanks
Old 08-23-2006, 07:19 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
After a few hundred miles, mine has not moved. As far as diff bolts are concerned, they use a different, stronger bolt. I wouldn't worry about the diff itself, because it's very strong and thick steel.
Old 08-23-2006, 08:46 AM

good to know

now i need to decide when to get one

thanks,
Old 08-23-2006, 09:00 AM

Your truck will track truer with the Carli than the KORE, as the Carli setup has two shocks opposing each other.

I have a friend that had hydro assist on his Excursion using a Clamp that I designed and four bolts on the diff. cover and he never once had a problem.
Old 08-23-2006, 09:38 AM

I've not had any problems with the clamps loosening, but still, I've considered going back in with a little lock-tight, just in case!

As for bolt stress, the whole set up was designed by Victor Ortiz...you know, the guy who put Kore in business but got....well you know! Regardless, I think with Victors engineering background he likely took that into consideration. Wouldn't hurt to call Sage to ask though.
Old 08-23-2006, 09:48 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mine is tracking much better. After I installed these big tires, my truck would wander the road, drift a little, etc. Now, with the dual FOX's, there is no drift. I can take my hands off the wheel and the wheel doesn't move at all. Before it was kinda vibrating back and forth quickly, which gets old real quick... I feel good about this purchase.
Old 08-23-2006, 09:49 AM

I dont have any problems now. thinking if they come up or if i get a wild hare, this looks like the way to go.

wondering why someone does not just build a set up like this with a new bar. it could have the mounting locations built in. dont think that would be to much extra $$. prob just considered not required.

Not to worry, If I go this way, there will be many phone and email conversations.
Old 08-23-2006, 08:09 PM

Here's a few pics. I tried to clean the Carli stuff off so it stands out from the muck brown chassis:

Old 08-24-2006, 12:01 AM

Aloha (not just saying hi...but referring to the actual member, Aloha...hehe), could you post a pic of your entire truck? I'd like to see how the 37's look with the Carli suspension! Thanks,

Jared
Old 08-24-2006, 12:04 AM

is that a shock tower strut?

did not see any thing on the web site
Old 08-24-2006, 12:45 AM

I'll snap a pic or two tomorrow of the whole truck.

Yes, that is a shock tower brace. And no, it's not on the Carli or Defiant website... yet.

Aloha
Old 08-24-2006, 09:32 PM

Did you get rid of those nasty BFG's yet? That'll solve all your problems......

The new bump stop bracket looks good too

Saw a few sets of the new CA's on the shop floor today....first time I've seen them other than the set on Sage's truck, they're PURTY!
Old 08-25-2006, 01:11 AM

I've got eight Toyo's... I wanted to keep them for my F150 prerunner but I think what I'll do now is leave these BFG's on the current wheels as desert use only. I'll take four Toyo's and install them on the H2 wheels I have sitting around. I'll have a set of BFG's for local desert races and for trips down to Baja and Toyo's for daily driving. I feel the BFG's are a better desert tire but aren't that great for this truck on the SoCal freeways.

For giggles I'm going to try some ceramic weight in the BFG's to see if it fixes the out of balance problem. Before I do the rear air bumps I think I'll do the sector shaft brace and then truss the front axle.

Aloha

Quick Reply: Carli Suspension/Defiant products