3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Carli Suspension/Defiant products

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2006, 05:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can someone tell me how much a carli kit costs and how much lift. were to buy?
Old 08-18-2006, 05:55 PM

http://www.defianttruckproducts.com/

that said, i do prefer lorenz. not sure what parts you are looking for either.

http://lorenzindustries.com

and I should also say, they are all great systems!
Old 08-19-2006, 01:16 AM

Originally Posted by nriver

that said, i do prefer lorenz.
Why? Is this based on experience?
Old 08-19-2006, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by Cowhand
Why? Is this based on experience?
just what I bought, we all like what we bought for the most part right.

I have not riddin in the others yet, I would like to. It does not seem like there are many around here with the setups.

I will say I have not seen the others in person. I did lots of comparision shopping when I purchsed lorenz. At the time it was basically Kore and Lorenz, and Thuren. Carli still seemed to be local only, the product did not seem to be completley out yet. I could be wrong on tis part, they just did not have a big web presence yet.

I was thinking of going Thuren shock towers and source shocks locally, or even from Thuren. When I got done pricing that out, Lorenz came in lower. Looks like Thuren has a decent shock/tower deal, just no springs. You would need to have them sourced someplace else. Then decide how you want them built, not for me. I want more control over what I am putting on then Kore, just dont want to built it my self at least that much.

All that said, I think you could also pick components from each of them and put together a good system. They all have their unique parts.

Two more points. I think for the most part we are getting shock towers and running custom springs and shocks. If I dont like how the shocks are set up I can change them, just a rebuild. We can make any of these setups run any way we want. That being said, allot of this comes down to price and perceived engineering value, for that I went with lorenz.

Last point, I dont want to get into a mine is better than yours. And, like your point may be, I have not ridden in the others. To that point, I think they arn't that different, like I said above. I would like to ride in others though. When I have done this with other products, we all seem to have our brand loyality. This in not like a dyno run, where you can say mine is better because of a printout, its all seat of the pants. If a dyno is even a fair comparison, one could "drive better".

mopig, I currentley have about 3" lift in the front with 2.5" RR shocks and run 37 MTs on my truck with stock wheels. I am expecting completley new rear springs soon. Not sure if you were looking for a complete suspension, or just some parts.

have a nice day everyone!
My truck is avail for anyone around to go for a ride that is thinking of one of these suspension.

thuren's link, http://www.thurenfabrication.com/
Old 08-19-2006, 09:41 AM

i also was not trying to hijack this thread, sorry if any thinks I did.
Old 08-19-2006, 04:27 PM

nriver,

I'm not trying to get into a mine is better than yours either

I do alot of stuff with Don and Sage both, and both of them are as good as they get, both technically and business wise. FYI, Don can do complete systems. Don, Sage and I all source springs from the same place. The difference between Don and Sage it that Sage has kits on the shelf, and Don builds them more on a truck by truck basis depending on what exactly you plan on using the truck for.

Most of my heartburn with the other fabricators comes from stuff that goes on behind the scenes, stuff that most folks here don't know about. I also frequently hear about customers that have purchased components and systems from other folks that come to Sage and Don because they're either not happy or finally figured out that what they have isn't what it was cracked up to be.

I don't see the need to get into particulars in a public forum.

Most folks who purchase and install these systems will be happy with what they have, thinking it's as good as it gets, until they ride/drive something that's set up right, then they start looking for more. I think folks should get what they think they're paying for the first time and not have to spend money to do it again.......extra money is too hard to come by (at least for me) to have to spend it twice.

Sometimes the most expensive thing isn't the best, and conversely the cheapest isn't always the best value.
Old 08-19-2006, 05:58 PM

Paul is doin my exhaust. Sage will be doin my suspension when I get the loot. They are top class people!!! I talk to them alot n thanks to CowHand Im gonna be spendin more money!!! lol
Old 08-20-2006, 07:54 PM

fun fun fun
Old 08-20-2006, 10:38 PM

Back on subject....

I want pics of the dual stabilizer!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I also want Don to finish his Radius arm system for the third generation trucks. And I want a lot of other things i can't afford. But pics would hold me over for the time being.
Old 08-20-2006, 11:13 PM

we are waiting for that and the review over here,

https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...d.php?t=113196
Old 08-22-2006, 02:37 AM

What sort of stabilizer pictures are you guys looking for? I've got the whole shebang... Carli radius arms, Carli track bar, Carli / Fox front air bumps, Carli shock mount brace (cross brace above engine), Carli / Fox dual stabilizer. Next is Carli / Fox rear air bumps.

Aloha
Old 08-22-2006, 06:53 AM

Heck..... what do I want? I want it all. Take some pics of your truck and put 'em on. Suspension, Truck.... yea, I want it all.
Old 08-22-2006, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by Aloha
What sort of stabilizer pictures are you guys looking for? I've got the whole shebang... Carli radius arms, Carli track bar, Carli / Fox front air bumps, Carli shock mount brace (cross brace above engine), Carli / Fox dual stabilizer. Next is Carli / Fox rear air bumps.

Aloha
Did you get the cross brace to fit over the diesel? When did Sage do your radius arms? He hadn't said anything about actually doing a pair, are you talking about the CA's like he has on his truck?

The rear bump setup is sweet......
Old 08-22-2006, 11:33 AM

I had the same question about the radius arms, b/c that is my next project for the truck when Don gets his done.
Old 08-22-2006, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by PWT05Dodge
I had the same question about the radius arms, b/c that is my next project for the truck when Don gets his done.

Have you talked to Don recently? This is what he told me in an email when i asked about his arms.

"I "was" working on a bracket for the frame so that I could make a radius arm kit but I've wasted too much time trying to make a bracket I wasn't happy with. I've told a few people to try and track down just the frame bracket from another mfg, and I can make my arms, but I've yet to hear back from anyone. If you wanted to go that direction I could make you arms if you come up with a bracket. Preferably one that mounts back fairly far. "

So he'll still make the arms, we just need to find a bracket.

Quick Reply: Carli Suspension/Defiant products