3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Can I wire My PIAA"S To dodge wiring???

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 09:28 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can I wire My PIAA"S To dodge wiring???

Just got my PIAA's for my bumper.. Well two of the four!! Dabbed things are spendy!! My question is I want them to turn on like my fog lights did and all of that?? Is it possible?? I don't really want to run a switch into my dash!!

Shane
Old 06-05-2007, 09:48 PM

I dont really see why, unless it needs more power or a relay or something, but it should work just fine

Bust out the test light and see
Old 06-05-2007, 10:21 PM

I did that with my Chevy HD. I just tapped into the wire, ran that through a relay and my PIAA's came on with the stock fog light switch.
Old 06-05-2007, 10:27 PM

Shane,

They should work just fine, make sure you use the relay that they provide. It is a standard type relay, but make sure you use it. PIAA lights are very sensitive to voltage changes, even minor ones. If you notice you are blowing lamps more often than you should be then something needs to be changed on the wiring/ground.
Old 06-05-2007, 10:49 PM
Banned

Sweet!! Thanks fellas.. I will bustin out the electrical kit this week!! I was planning on using the inline fuse.. Other than than should be pretty straight forward?

Thank Again

Shane
Old 06-05-2007, 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by Luvnacumns
Just got my PIAA's for my bumper.. Well two of the four!! Dabbed things are spendy!! My question is I want them to turn on like my fog lights did and all of that?? Is it possible?? I don't really want to run a switch into my dash!!

Shane
Use a relay, activate it with the fogs.

Or, visionx makes a switch box that is activated by double clicking the high beams to turn on the off road lights.
Old 06-05-2007, 11:09 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Snopczynski
Use a relay, activate it with the fogs.

Or, visionx makes a switch box that is activated by double clicking the high beams to turn on the off road lights.
Ok I'm conrfused?? If I tap into my fog lights (which I allready had) won't they turn on just like the factory ones?? Mine stayed on witht he high beams and low???

Shane
Old 06-05-2007, 11:39 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Luvnacumns
Ok I'm conrfused?? If I tap into my fog lights (which I allready had) won't they turn on just like the factory ones?? Mine stayed on witht he high beams and low???

Shane
My frog lights only come on with my low beams so if I wired them into the stock lighst they would only work with my headlights on low beam. I like to run my factory frogs without the actual headlights when its raining or dusky sometimes. So I wired mine seperatly so I can use them independantly. Just my 02. I know you will Shane but be sure and post some pics.
Old 06-06-2007, 12:41 AM

on my '06, i can use either the high beams or the fog lights and low beams. Let us know how it turns out. Maybe a write-up with some pics?
Old 06-06-2007, 05:20 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by tbarbee1
My frog lights only come on with my low beams so if I wired them into the stock lighst they would only work with my headlights on low beam. I like to run my factory frogs without the actual headlights when its raining or dusky sometimes. So I wired mine seperatly so I can use them independantly. Just my 02. I know you will Shane but be sure and post some pics.
Not sure why you should have to wire a separate switch. You can turn the fog lights without the head lights by turning on the running lights. It is good to have the markers on in low visibility. Now I guess if you only want fog lights then a separate switch is needed.
Old 06-06-2007, 07:50 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by tbarbee1
Troy, my fog light came on with the lights on low or high!!

Originally Posted by DECEPTiON21
on my '06, i can use either the high beams or the fog lights and low beams. Let us know how it turns out. Maybe a write-up with some pics?

I will do that!!
Old 06-06-2007, 08:34 AM

That's awesome. I wish my fog lights would stay on when my high beams are on.

Did you accidentally power both sets of lights threw the relay?

Now that gives me an idea. If you wanted you could install a latching relay in line of the factory fog lights, so that the lights would stay on, even when the high beams where on.....hummmmm
Old 06-06-2007, 09:05 AM

dunno if its to late, but I would add a relay if you are adding 4 lights with the stockers in there..if not, Id run 2 more without a relay
Old 06-06-2007, 09:12 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 8mpg
dunno if its to late, but I would add a relay if you are adding 4 lights with the stockers in there..if not, Id run 2 more without a relay

^^^^^what he said
Old 06-06-2007, 10:11 AM

fogs

On my 06, I installed a RoadWarrior bumper and four Piaas - two driving and two fog. I removed the exisiting OEM fogs, cut the connection close to the lamp and wired in the Piaa Fogs directly to the existing OEM fog wires. It works just like the factory fogs, turns on with the switch and turns off with the high-beams. No need for the Piaa wiring harness for the already installed fog lights. You will us the Piaa harness for the driving lights.

For the driving, follows the Piaa instructions, tap into the high-beam wire, I got power directly from the 12v coming off the drivers side battery going to the main fuse box. Run switch into cab.

Quick Reply: Can I wire My PIAA"S To dodge wiring???