3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Can anyone photoshop my truck with powder coated wheels

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2006, 01:29 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wow!! Thanks Jason. That is a tremendous help. I just picked up some rims yesterday to go have sandblasted and powdercoated. Will probably take them tomorrow (monday) to a shop to have it done.

This picture could not have come at a better time. I clicked on the picture and it brought it up in a bigger size for me to print it off. Makes the truck look different that is for sure. Thanks for all your help!!!
Old 05-01-2006, 01:35 AM

Jason, I know im asking alot. But would you mind doing this photo also. I am all but certain I want to do this. It's crunch time and I need to make a final decision. I am either going this route or putting the satin finish wheels like NRiver's and powdercoat the lugs and paint the axle tubes (leaving of the chrome center caps) like he did earlier in his gallery. (not the polished rims like he recently switched to).

Thanks again for whatever help you can provide. You are awesome with this program you are using. I owe you.

Old 05-01-2006, 10:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hah your welcome...ill finish up your other one and viking diesels tonight after work...Jason

oh and ill try a satin finish but im not sure how it will come out..i am a big fan of that paint style....the wheels on my vette and some of the paint work on my SS was satin...it looks awesome...i am planning a 6 inch lift with Eagle Alloy 114s 20X10 with 37s for my mineral grey truck...i am having the entire inside of the wheel powercoated to match the factory paint and leaving the polished lip. I cant wait to get them done...but it will still be a few months

Here was my vette with satin rims that i miss soooooooo much...

and then the SS with the satin paint....

Old 05-01-2006, 10:53 AM

Again thanks for all of your good work. Here is a picture of the "other" option besides the black powdercoat. This is NRiver's truck wheel with black powdercoated lug nuts and painted axle end (no center caps).

Old 05-01-2006, 02:23 PM

here ya go..i think this is what you wanted...i tried one in a sort of satin finish...not a big diff...but maybe you can see it...Jason

Black:

Satin:

New Wheels:

hah i am no way an expert at this software..there are many that are much better than me..you can really do anything with it... here is a before and after pic that i did on photoshop a while back to show what it is capeable of..but it is really just scratching the surface..

Orig:

Shoped:

Old 05-01-2006, 03:31 PM

Thanks again! I really appreciate your time doing this.
Old 05-01-2006, 05:43 PM

What are you guys paying to have wheels powdercoated? Im wanting to have my H2's coated black and im just wandering what a good price is.
Old 05-01-2006, 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by Boz007
What are you guys paying to have wheels powdercoated? Im wanting to have my H2's coated black and im just wandering what a good price is.
I got mine done for about 25 bux per wheel. The sandblasting cost an extra 20 bux per wheel being that they had to be sent out to a different place. 180 bux total. I'm super pumped on they way it looks with the chrome center cap. It looks totally mean.
Old 05-01-2006, 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by Rambunctious1
I got mine done for about 25 bux per wheel. The sandblasting cost an extra 20 bux per wheel being that they had to be sent out to a different place. 180 bux total. I'm super pumped on they way it looks with the chrome center cap. It looks totally mean.
Wow! It would be worth it almost for me to ship em out to where you got it done. I got quoted $360 for all four from a local shop with a 6-8 wk turn around.
Old 05-01-2006, 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by Boz007
Wow! It would be worth it almost for me to ship em out to where you got it done. I got quoted $360 for all four from a local shop with a 6-8 wk turn around.
Yeah, I had a guy in town tell me 80 bux per wheel w/sandblasting. I told him to shove it. I've had the guy do some work in the past and it was lackluster at best. I just wanted a comparison. I got a pretty screamin' deal from the guy who did them. I had to do a bit of driving to get it done though. The guy wasn't really local. Oh yeah, he had 'em done in 4 days including sending 'em out for sandblasting.
Old 05-01-2006, 09:13 PM

Yeah, I had a guy in town tell me 80 bux per wheel w/sandblasting. I told him to shove it. I've had the guy do some work in the past and it was lackluster at best. I just wanted a comparison. I got a pretty screamin' deal from the guy who did them. I had to do a bit of driving to get it done though. The guy wasn't really local. Oh yeah, he had 'em done in 4 days including sending 'em out for sandblasting.

I hope i can be so lucky. Sorry VikingDiesel for the thread hijack.
Old 05-01-2006, 10:07 PM

Just keep lookin'. Nashville's a big town. There's gotta be some good ol' boy out there that will give ya a good deal.
Old 05-02-2006, 01:13 AM

That is exactly what I was quoted over the phone by a local guy here too. I think he said $75 to get the wheels sandblasted and they had to be sent to a different place too.
Old 05-02-2006, 09:01 AM

so, did ya do it?

i have not gotten to mine yet. would like to see the finished product.
Old 05-02-2006, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by nriver
so, did ya do it?

i have not gotten to mine yet. would like to see the finished product.
Mine are done and installed if that's what yer getting at.

Quick Reply: Can anyone photoshop my truck with powder coated wheels