3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

california and smoke

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 11:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CD in NM
I saw a bumper sticker in a truck stop this summer that said: Diesels Get Down and Dirty. Since I am not about sticking stuff like bumpers stickers on my truck, I just read them and get a good laugh. There are some good ones out there though, almost got one a few years ago becuase it was real funny, but decided to let it go.

CD
I'm also not big on bumper stickers, mostly because I want them to match my truck, not stick out like a big sore thumb. I found a fabulous one that matched me and my truck: Cowgirls are from Venus, Cowboys are from bars. Had me giggling like a schoolgirl for a while
Old 09-20-2007, 01:32 PM

I live in southern cal and i just moved out here form kansas so theres a big difference between kansas and cali. I have only had two uniformed officers say anything about my truck and that was just when the right side was black and they just said to keep it under control which just made me laugh. I did however get a fix it ticket for my tires. They stick out to far so i have to slap some fender flaps on it which sucks but im just gonna run the bushwacker pocket style fender flares. But the smoking thing just dont do it. Keep it calm and dont smoke because i have met a few guys that were nailed for it. But if your tagged out of state they cant do to much my trucks still tagged in kansas. I did roll a pretty good cloud coming out of the Starbucks last weekend just to see a CHP right behind me and he pulled up beside me and didnt say anything. I was given a hell of a look but if you dont get stupid with it and try to cloud any intersections or highways you will be just fine.
Old 09-20-2007, 02:04 PM

Here's the deal with SoCal chippies. If they pull you over by mistake for something they can't ticket you, they'll find something else to write you up for. Their prides are to large to swallow....
Old 09-20-2007, 08:29 PM
Chapter President

Location: misplaced Idahoan stuck in Albuquerque, Roughneckin on RIG 270
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
I am just a little nervous even being here. When I had my Peterbilt, I was coming thru Sac, headed for a PBR event (had a $1,000,000 truck load of Bulls on) was in the "trucks ok" lane and all of the sudden was being pulled over by the state bull. Gave me a ticket for DRIVING IN THE WRONG LANE! I was so FUMED (other words used) and it cost me $180!!!! So, i get a little nervous when even crossing the country line!
Old 09-20-2007, 08:33 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by cbrahs
I am just a little nervous even being here. When I had my Peterbilt, I was coming thru Sac, headed for a PBR event (had a $1,000,000 truck load of Bulls on) was in the "trucks ok" lane and all of the sudden was being pulled over by the state bull. Gave me a ticket for DRIVING IN THE WRONG LANE! I was so FUMED (other words used) and it cost me $180!!!! So, i get a little nervous when even crossing the country line!

Cali's a world on it's own!!!
Old 09-20-2007, 08:53 PM

So HEY Chris.

Having fun yet? Did you make it to the truck wash then to the beach? Don't let stuff bother you so much, just try to drive like the rest of the traffic jam and have a good time.

CA is my home state, was raised there, left in my late 20's to go east. I used to love to go down to the area where you are, it has a MUCH smaller population then too. My Uncle was a M Sgt DI at Pendleton many moons ago, he's been retired for about 30 years or so, you're son is really lucky NOT to have had him for a DI. Two of his sons went on to be DI's at Pendleton after several round trips to Vietnam M Sgt's as well, they are also retired, you son is lucky not to have had them either.

Storms coming toward the coastline - surf's up, have fun.

CD
Old 09-20-2007, 09:27 PM

heck crank that smarty up to 8 or 9 and give that cop a reason to pull you ever hahaha. jk but I hear that everyoine says california is pretty tuff about stuff but a lot of the cops themselves here own diesel trucks that smoke. hahaha
Old 09-20-2007, 10:07 PM
Chapter President

We are having fun. We spent about 4.5 hours with our son today and it was good to see him and give him a hug. Have not been able to get the truck washed yet and on the beach. Hopefully tomorrow after graduation. Here is a pic of he and his momma. Got teary eyed when they came marching up and we saw him for the first time in over 3 months. Very proud papa I is.

Attached Thumbnails california and smoke-stephen-marines.jpg  
Old 09-20-2007, 10:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by CD in NM
CA is my home state, was raised there, left in my late 20's to go east. I used to love to go down to the area where you are, it has a MUCH smaller population then too. Storms coming toward the coastline - surf's up, have fun.
Mine too...LA & SD....Now I think of it as a good place to be from! Although IF I won the lottery, it would be nice to have a place on the centeral coast....

Tony
Old 09-20-2007, 10:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by cbrahs
We are having fun. We spent about 4.5 hours with our son today and it was good to see him and give him a hug. Have not been able to get the truck washed yet and on the beach. Hopefully tomorrow after graduation. Here is a pic of he and his momma. Got teary eyed when they came marching up and we saw him for the first time in over 3 months. Very proud papa I is.

Congrats! Best of luck in the field...Come home safe & sound!
Old 09-20-2007, 11:10 PM

dont think they will say too much if your out of state. the local tree huggers might not like it but i go to san diego and pour some smoke when the rice rockets want to see some real power. anyhow tell your son congrats. i have been in for about three years now, lovin every minute of it.
Old 09-20-2007, 11:18 PM

What MOS did your son get into, if you dont mind me askin? that pic looks all too familiar for my likin... lol
Old 09-20-2007, 11:51 PM
Chapter President

he went motor T.
Old 09-20-2007, 11:52 PM

TonyB.

I lived in Northridge as a child, then teen years in Lancaster, bought my first home in Palmdale. I agree with you, good place to be from!!! I was back to the old stomping grounds in 1999, time before that in 1977. I left there in 1974. Things had certainly changed, freeways still in the same place going to the same places so I had no troubles getting around. It was a good visit but I think it would be hard to get me back there. I did contemplate my HS reunion this year, 40th, but think I will wait to the 50th.

Chris.

VERY HANDSOME young man, your son. I know where he got those looks from . . Pass him congrats please. Bet tomorrow nights pics will be of graduation, eh? Does he have his next orders? Know what's next or where next? Guess maybe a little leave time and off for training somewhere soon.
Party hardy my friend. See you the next get-together in ALBQ.

CD
Old 09-20-2007, 11:57 PM
Chapter President

He gets to come home for 24 days. 10 days boot leave and 14 days being the recruiter assistant. He then comes back here for more training then too Misouri (spelling ?) for his MOS training. You will have to check out the site, doing a little expanding. Give me a yell when you come into town next.

Quick Reply: california and smoke