3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Cabin Air Filters?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 10:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cabin Air Filters?

Im looking through the Geno's Garage catalog and I came across a cabin air filter they are selling.

I see a Kit for sale and then they also offer just the replacement filters. I've never heard much about these cabin filters before, at least not on here anyways. Do they need to be changed often? I've got 85k on the ticker and I don't think it's ever been changed, heck I don't even know where they are.

I see a small picture in the catalog, it looks like the filter is right underneath the windshield wiper blades.

Anyone notice a difference in cabin smells from the A/C after replacing a filter? My A/C dosen't always smell like a dozen roses.
Old 10-04-2007, 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by Nate-03 D
Im looking through the Geno's Garage catalog and I came across a cabin air filter they are selling.

I see a Kit for sale and then they also offer just the replacement filters. I've never heard much about these cabin filters before, at least not on here anyways. Do they need to be changed often? I've got 85k on the ticker and I don't think it's ever been changed, heck I don't even know where they are.

I see a small picture in the catalog, it looks like the filter is right underneath the windshield wiper blades.

Anyone notice a difference in cabin smells from the A/C after replacing a filter? My A/C dosen't always smell like a dozen roses.
Genos is selling an aftermarket kit,the filter is a replacement for that kit only.Nothing from Dodge yet.

Bob
Old 10-05-2007, 10:42 AM

A cabin air filter would be more for evaporator protection than to reduce or change smells. A lot of air passes through the evaporator coil, dust and lint plug the coil up reducing the efficiency. All home AC units have air filters for this purpose. Something that I keep a secret from my Maxi buddies… I am Envious of their factory cabin air filters.
Old 10-08-2007, 06:00 PM

I have one installed and I do believe it does "some" filtering of odor. I'm not really thrilled with the way it fits and looks...

it just "snaps" on top of the stock grill. Had to play with it and finally got it locked down... I noticed it is loose in a few spots.. Don't know how it's going to handle snow.

I'm probably going to take it back off soon... it just has to give me a reason to... I think it's gona be the snow that does it in... we'll see.

I'd save the $$ and buy something else... unless your having "dirt" issues.. if you are in a dusty/dirty environment... then it's probably worth while.
Old 10-08-2007, 06:53 PM

I don't realy live in dirt/dusty conditions so that isn't realy an problem for me.

I just get this nasty smell from the vents sometimes. I think someone smoked in the truck before I bought it. I may just spray some of that Febrezze vent air freshner in there and see if that makes a difference.

I was thinking about the snow/water issue aswell. I think the filter would get soaked and be all soggy.