3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Bushwhacker Pocket Flares Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 08:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bushwhacker Pocket Flares Question

Hi all,

Finally got around to 315's on H2 wheels and I'm thinking some fender flares would really help w/ the extra width & dirt/salt on the body.

I've been looking at the Bushwhacker Pocket Flares (2.5") and I've searched this site, looked at some installations.. I think they look pretty decent and I guess I'll get mine paint-matched. I looked at the ATS as well but they seemed to look a little funky on the rear (imho).

Anyway, questions are:
1) Have the pocket flares been updated so they have some sort of tape to hold them to the body so they don't mar the paint?
2) On the rear, are they molded to fit the indentation on the panels? From the photos I've seen it looks like there's a gap there that's not filled up, but the photos haven't been close detail.

If there's a gap - is there another brand that is molded to more closely fit the body?

Thanks in advance!
RT
Old 02-26-2008, 08:51 AM

I got mine last summer so I don't know about the tape thing, mine just bolted to the available holes.

They are molded to fit the panel but they don't fit perfectly snug against it but you'd have to look really close to notice it.
Old 02-26-2008, 10:01 AM
Banned

I've had mine for a couple years now. They come with a rubber strip that goes between the flare and the body panels, but it will still rub through your paint.

I'd recommend using a black weatherproof caulk or 3-M double sided emblem tape, or something similar.

They fit very well, and are contoured to the rear panels.

If you ever decide to step up to 37" tires, you will get major rubbing on the fender flares, even with a 3" lift in front.

I ended up re-molding mine to fit using a cut-rock, heat gun, and a plastic welding kit with ABS filler rod.

If you look closely in this picture, you can see how the rear flare follows the body lines...

Not the best pictures for what you're interested in, but all I had in the archives...

--Eric
Old 02-26-2008, 10:28 AM

Thanks guys!

Good looking truck Eric!
Old 12-17-2011, 11:45 PM

Originally Posted by enafzige
If you ever decide to step up to 37" tires, you will get major rubbing on the fender flares, even with a 3" lift in front.

I ended up re-molding mine to fit using a cut-rock, heat gun, and a plastic welding kit with ABS filler rod.
Old thread, but I have a 3" lift and 37's...I'm listening!