3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

BullyDog version 2.2.7.

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2006, 01:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BullyDog version 2.2.7.

Finally upgraded from the 222 to the 227 version today for the foglamp with high beam option and the accessory delay option. What a waste of time that was. Neither of those options even show up in the main page screen when I hook it up to my truck. Could it be for the 2006 only? Anyone else have this problem? I haven't driven the truck since the upgrade to see if there is any difference in performance but if there isn't then I guess the upgrade is useless for 2005.
Old 05-21-2006, 05:59 PM

I have the same issue with mine. I'm running the 2.2.7 and no fog lamp option or seatbelt minder option. I called Bullydog Friday about this but they never called me back. I will be in touch with them Monday. Have you tried your CL setting yet?
Old 05-21-2006, 08:48 PM

I did not do the CL setting. It seems to be hard on the clutch. I use the performance setting and rarely even use extreme. Did you get CL? If so is it alot more than the extreme setting?
Old 05-21-2006, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by Booger
I did not do the CL setting. It seems to be hard on the clutch. I use the performance setting and rarely even use extreme. Did you get CL? If so is it alot more than the extreme setting?

I haven't done any upgrading yet, my downloader came with 2.2.7. I don't want to loose my extreme setting only to find out the crazy larry setting is to hard on my tranny and then my only option is to back down to the performance setting. From what I understand the CL program write over your extreme setting. I do run my truck on the extreme setting all the time and it runs great. Im still looking for a little more bottom end, if I new the CL gave more bottom end and not just top end I would download it right now.
Old 05-21-2006, 09:10 PM

To clear this up: the CL setting will become the extreme setting. You will literally go from Performance to CL. This is a big jump. I would like to see two Extreme settings: regular and CL. This would be nice, right?

I am not sure if I would be more concerned with your trans. or the stock turbo. If you drive real, real nice on CL you may be ok for a little while, but this is not the way to enjoy.

BTW, I just went from 2.2.5a to 2.2.7 yesterday. I have no time on this tune yet. I will find out tomorrow.

Chris
Old 05-21-2006, 11:12 PM

So if I download CL on mine do i lose Performance and extreme or just lose Extreme?
Old 05-22-2006, 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by 06bluetank
So if I download CL on mine do i lose Performance and extreme or just lose Extreme?

You just loose the extreme. The problem is, I don't think you can get it back. Once you've upgraded to the CL and you find out it's too much for your truck, now you're only option is to go back to the performance setting.
Old 05-22-2006, 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by Black Dog
You just loose the extreme. The problem is, I don't think you can get it back. Once you've upgraded to the CL and you find out it's too much for your truck, now you're only option is to go back to the performance setting.
You can get back the extreme setting, all you have to do is go onto Bully Dogs website and write over the CL setting and then you will be back to the normal 2.2.7 version. Make sure you return the truck to stock befor downloading any program.
Old 05-22-2006, 03:42 PM

Booger, I have the 2.2.7 in my 06 and have all the options working fine. Seat thing and the fog light thing. I'd be checken with Bullydog or try the download again.
Old 05-22-2006, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by BrentK
Booger, I have the 2.2.7 in my 06 and have all the options working fine. Seat thing and the fog light thing. I'd be checken with Bullydog or try the download again.

From what I am seeing they work on the 06 and not the 05.
Old 05-22-2006, 08:31 PM

I've had a call in since Friday about the lack of options for the 05', and like everybody said the customer service sucks!! They said Monday would be the latestthey would get back with me, but I never heard from them. It's a good thing I like their product.
Old 05-23-2006, 12:16 AM

i upgraded my downloader to the cl 2.2.7 and it works awesome, i [no sh$t] pulled my 12k fifth wheel on this setting this weekend it worked ok just as long as your easy on the pedal, i pulled out to pass on a uphill and hit the throtle hard and the torque chattered a bit but otherwise everyday driving you will see your fuel mileage increase considerably.
Old 05-23-2006, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by Booger
From what I am seeing they work on the 06 and not the 05.

Just spoke with the guys at Bulldog. They said 2.2.7 should have those options for the 05' and the 06'. They also said if you didn't have the CL downloaded, than maybe you could download 2.2.7 with CL and the options would take on that download (maybe). They said if that didn't fix it just be patient and there would be a 2.2.8 in a week or two. This is the first they have ever heard of this, so they say.
Old 05-23-2006, 10:40 AM

FYI

Bullydog says the CL for the 05 and 06 is a 180hp and 310tq. The 230hp CL must be for the 555 guys or maybe for the Duramax. They said the extreme setting for our trucks is 140hp and 209tq.
Old 05-23-2006, 10:40 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BrentK

Maybe since I have an 03, and not 05/06, what the heck are you talking about: seatbelt thing and fog light?????

Quick Reply: BullyDog version 2.2.7.