3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Bullydog TD doesn't like boost foolers

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2007, 12:39 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by qzilla
Who could pattern anything with your truck! I think it would be a universal guess in many ways.

Also you need to understand, I really do not care if you use my boost fooler, sp's boost fooler, or no boost fooler. Really the boost fooler thing in general impacts me like something that happens in antartica. I simply did it to help people out and give them something useful. We don't sell direct and trust me by the time $79 gets divided up through distribution, it is hardly worth the man power to produce, test, package and ship the darn things. It was simple for us to do and I saw a need for it.

I do a LOT of this stuff because I personally like it and enjoy this as a hobby like many of you do. Sometimes things work out better for me because of it and sometimes I create my own headaches because of it!

All I want to do is help a couple of you make your trucks run properly. That is why I spent the time to send detailed testing instructions to actually find the issue that is happening, not just make a bunch of guesses. Even if I figure it out, I am not changing anything. The current product works flawless on 99.9% of all the tunes with the Scary Lary being hit or miss on a handful of trucks, mostly in your group. I am very happy to custom do some stuff on this as you helped us test and I really enjoy you and your buddies enthusiasm. I simply just want to help out.

Where it gets frustrating for me is that in all of this I save all the pm's. When I go back and read it through them, you are right there is no pattern or 1 particular issue. REsults and problems change like the wind. That to me is frustrating as I simply want to fix or create something new to make it work for you. Nothing more nothing less.

Now, as you seem to have noticed the problem when stacked with the XZT and the boost fooler are the same. As I have said many times the boost fooler is identical to the XZT when it comes to boost fooling. With that said it is easy for me to modify the XZT because it has a microcontroller and I can simply change software up and not hardware. The XZT has much more complicated and sophisticated hardware on the boost fooling circuit because we can and do use it for a lot more than just boost fooling.

So lets get it back and try something and see what happens.

Quad
XZT gets mailed to you tommorrow. I'm shocked, amazed, flattered, and just about every other adjective known to man that you say "That to me is frustrating as I simply want to fix or create something new to make it work for you." Thats customer service right there...can't beat that.

Yes there is no pattern or reason or common factor about the boost fooler acting up...after it started happening, the XZT was more consistent in acting up and throwing an overboost code causing the defueling/whatever.

ok you told me to do this :

Ok, there is something very weird happening. I think we can figure it out but, it is going to take some effort on your part.

The first thing I want you to do is to hook up a line to the signal wire on the boost fooler. We want the line that is coming off the sensor not on the other side of the boost fooler. Watch the voltage and tell me if it does something funny at the high levels. maybe your MAP sensor freaks out at the very highest boost pressures?

The second thing we need to do is monitor the wire coming out of the boost fooler for the same thing and see if something weird happens.

If you are using the XZT then jsut use the dark blue wire and then the light blue wire.

We will take this as our starting point.
i don't have a voltage meter and this would be some time hooking all of this up and driving outside of town in order to run up to 50psi for any length of time. still not sure how to monitor this accurately while driving....

This boost fooling issue is happening on regular crazy larry too....thats what the 06 truck has. My truck is the only truck "in my group" with the Scary Larry.

XZT will be headed to you tommorrow. I really need to come up there with my truck and show you everything I am talking about but I don't have the time now and i bet you don't either. somewhere between march 12-16 i will be happy to come by. The top end difference between the XZT or boost fooler compared to the SP unit is night and day....something somewhere is cutting fuel with your fooler.