3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

BullyDog / low end power feature

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2009, 11:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BullyDog / low end power feature

i did a search but didn't find an answer to the "Q" i have and BD is closed 2day.

i stumbled on the "low end power" feature on my BDTDPP and enabled it.
trk has more response off the bottom. i didn't fool with the "torque management" feature. it asked for a password.
anyways,...is it ok to still tow with the above setting enabled and BD set on tow / economy?

thanks for your help and education
Old 03-29-2009, 12:15 PM

Some people say that the low end power could kill the tranny quicker than TQ management in some cases due to the fact that Bullydog ust add's a lot of fuel in a position where the transmission doesn't have much line pressure therefore allowing slippage. I didn't have a problem when i used it but others users will give advice.
Old 03-29-2009, 04:14 PM

thanks for the info. it seems to excell pretty good with no appearant slippage(empty trk/no trailer) not really launching it off the start, just excellerating faster than normal. watching the tranny temp and pyro also.
just wasn't sure if this setting can be used while towing. but i'll probaby disable it before i tow, now that i've read your post about "line pressure".
i have a lot to learn. thanks
Old 03-29-2009, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by stroker101
thanks for the info. it seems to excell pretty good with no appearant slippage(empty trk/no trailer) not really launching it off the start, just excellerating faster than normal. watching the tranny temp and pyro also.
just wasn't sure if this setting can be used while towing. but i'll probaby disable it before i tow, now that i've read your post about "line pressure".
i have a lot to learn. thanks
I had a pmt and had it on the low end torque setting towing or not, but I also upgraded my trans.

I installed a 'pressure gauge' for the trans. so I could keep a eye on that. Norm. it'll run 75-80psi.

If anyone is interested on how to; Buy a gauge that'll read up to 100psi. and gauge pod/ -4 ss braided guage line (autometer) 4' long or depending where you want to install/mount gauge ( I mounted mine on trans tunnel next to cupholder/cig.lighter)// on the trans from pass. side there are two 1/4'' ports that have plugs. As you're looking at the trans. dip stick follow trans. pan rail back about 2'', use the 2nd port. (more inset into trans. case contours)
Old 03-29-2009, 07:27 PM

That is probably one of the most interesting gauges to watch, I woldn't mind watching that one work a little....
Old 03-29-2009, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by jiggerman78
That is probably one of the most interesting gauges to watch, I woldn't mind watching that one work a little....
Actually, pressure is only there in forward gears and pretty much stays at the same pressure. If you are driving along and pressure changes, then you know there's a problem. If shifting feels off, check gauge to see line press.
I had vb problems before (that came went) and was told by trans. tech to set up a tempary gauge, I just did perm. 'cuz during work and not work (on shifting) was over a 2 wk spread and I didn't want a hose hanging through my window.
Old 03-30-2009, 05:23 AM

Originally Posted by mpracehemi
I had a pmt and had it on the low end torque setting towing or not, but I also upgraded my trans.

I installed a 'pressure gauge' for the trans. so I could keep a eye on that. Norm. it'll run 75-80psi.

If anyone is interested on how to; Buy a gauge that'll read up to 100psi. and gauge pod/ -4 ss braided guage line (autometer) 4' long or depending where you want to install/mount gauge ( I mounted mine on trans tunnel next to cupholder/cig.lighter)// on the trans from pass. side there are two 1/4'' ports that have plugs. As you're looking at the trans. dip stick follow trans. pan rail back about 2'', use the 2nd port. (more inset into trans. case contours)
at what speed and or rpm did the pressure read 75-80 psi? trying to figure out where i may possibly damage the tranny with "low end power" enabled.
thanks
Old 03-30-2009, 05:39 AM

Originally Posted by stroker101
at what speed and or rpm did the pressure read 75-80 psi? trying to figure out where i may possibly damage the tranny with "low end power" enabled.
thanks
The line pressure jumps up to 75-80 psi as soon as you place the trans in drive. R-N have no recordable pressure. The pressure remains the same when in forward gears, no flexuation. If I knew how to post a video, I'd gladly show it.
Old 03-30-2009, 05:43 AM

When I had vb issues and was getting ATS's tech support, this is exactly what it's supposed to do on line pressure. When I was having shifting problems, didn't want to go into 2nd and pressure jumped up around 120-130psi, ATS said okay if it dropped in pressure then real big problem, high pressure=vb.