3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Bully Dog: Went back to v2.4.3 from CL (for now)

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2010, 07:14 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Bully Dog: Went back to v2.4.3 from CL (for now)

I finally got tired of feeling guilty for smoking up the neighborhood every time I pushed the loud pedal. Didn't even have to push it hard and smoke bellowed out - merging into traffic, low rpm turn, changing lanes... So last week I went back to the Bully Dog site to get the latest and greatest update for my Triple Dog. The update went fine, except that when I tried to install it in the truck, I got this message:

VEHICLE NOT RECOGNIZED

I went back and did the update again and got the same result. Apparently their new updates are for '06 and later model trucks only. I did the update after BD's business hours last week and haven't talked to them about it yet.

Luckily I had saved the tune they gave me when I updated last March, before I "downdated" to the Crazy Larry v2.4D tune. I reinstalled v.2.4.3 and am pleased with the power (less power than CL, but less smoke as well). I'll try that a while and see how things go.
Old 09-03-2010, 10:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just bought an 06 that was the same situation as you in your other post. It has the outlook monitor on the dash and the triple dog didn't come with the truck. I am planning on getting the TD this weekend. I am wondering if you can send me the two files you have for Crazy Larry and the 2.4.3 tune?
Old 09-03-2010, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by jacob_0722
I just bought an 06 that was the same situation as you in your other post. It has the outlook monitor on the dash and the triple dog didn't come with the truck. I am planning on getting the TD this weekend. I am wondering if you can send me the two files you have for Crazy Larry and the 2.4.3 tune?
Try this thread: http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/3r...ile-again.html

There is a website on one of the posts that carrys all the old Crazy Larry tunes, but also has a lot of useful information. First thing I would recommend is to go to the Bully Dog website and update your TD, then try that tune on your truck. If it doesn't work, as in my previous post, then talk to a TD tech and see what he recommends for your application. The tech will help you download the installer programs you will need to update your TD. Then, if you want more power, try the CL tunes. I have to admit they are a lot of fun!

I must warn you that if you have an automatic tranny, you WILL break it running any of these programs. If you still decide you want the v.2.4.3, pm me and I'll send it to you. I got it directly from the BD tech.
Old 09-03-2010, 01:21 PM

That is what i am concerned with about with the auto transmission. I think it will stand up to the TD in extreme mode. What is your thought? I want to upgrade my transmission but will probably end up building it instead of buying it. I can't come to terms to buy one at 5k plus. from what I have read the HTT has one of the best rebuild kits. Thanks for directing me to the link.
Old 09-03-2010, 06:40 PM

Do some searches on this forum. The auto trans will not stand up to additional HP for very long.
Old 09-04-2010, 02:01 PM

it will blow up in a heart beat if you unlock the low end power setting.
Old 09-07-2010, 10:05 AM

It sounds like the low end will blow up some of the built trannys as well. Must be some nasty stuff!
Old 09-09-2010, 08:38 PM

it does happen