3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Bully Dog Question

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2007, 03:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ramtd02
STOCK boost on our trucks is anywhere from 27-33psi, depending on altitude, air temp and so forth. 1325*F Post pyro egt's will melt your engine!!! The turbine of the turbo charger removes heat from the exhaust gases and some guys on here running 2 pyro's (1 pre and 1 post turbo) have seen upto 500* differences. 1325+500=1825*F . These engines can handle 1300-1400 *F pretty easily, and 1600*F For very short bursts (under 10 sec). So your setup is sounding pretty reasonable too me!!

nother goodn, thankyou
Old 01-14-2007, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by acook
Ive seen many more problems with the edge stuff then the bully dog products...

One good thing about Edge is the simple fact I can always take it out. If the Bully Dog messes up it can disable your truck for hours if not days. I installed the Pup and my truck would not start for 12 hours, if this had been a Juice I could have just unplugged and gone on with my day.
Old 01-14-2007, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by DODGE4X4
One good thing about Edge is the simple fact I can always take it out. If the Bully Dog messes up it can disable your truck for hours if not days. I installed the Pup and my truck would not start for 12 hours, if this had been a Juice I could have just unplugged and gone on with my day.
I dont understand, it just plugs inseries with the MAP sensor and plugs into the 3 wire plug for the computer, just incase I had my wires disconected the whole time the Pup was out for service. Its just 2 plugs.
Old 01-14-2007, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by wazz
I dont understand, it just plugs inseries with the MAP sensor and plugs into the 3 wire plug for the computer, just incase I had my wires disconected the whole time the Pup was out for service. Its just 2 plugs.

I have no idea what you are trying to say.... The Pup is a programmer,, The Edge Juice is a module.
Old 01-14-2007, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by DODGE4X4
I have no idea what you are trying to say.... The Pup is a programmer,, The Edge Juice is a module.
Thats how the Outlook hooks up, I dont think you can run the Pup without the Outlook, I could be wrong on that.
Old 01-14-2007, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by wazz
Thats how the Outlook hooks up, I dont think you can run the Pup without the Outlook, I could be wrong on that.

No you don't have to have the Outlook.
Old 01-17-2007, 03:53 AM

When i first bought my 06 back in july I was at a county fair truck pull and there were a couple guys from the local diesel shop putting the bullydog try before you buy deal on some trucks. So i decided what the hell, They came over there downloaded it, no problem. Decided to go out and try a test drive, and the check engine light came on, and i had more throttle pressure with less HP, i couldnt get the truck to go over 2200 rpm or 60mph. When i got back i found the guy and told him what happened. So we decided to take the program off, but for some reason the program wouldn't come off. So we talked to one of my buddy's thats got the tripledog and we decided to download that on there. Well we get it that on there and the check engine light goes out, so we fire it up mash on the gogo pedal and its back to normal, so we shut it off, and when we did i see something VERY UNUSAL come up in my insturment panel and that is P R N D 3 2 1, I think for a second ( while I take a look at my stick thats right next to me) and thats when it hits me UHOH! I have a 6spd. Went to fire the truck up and nothing, which it dont take no rocket scientist to figure out that the ecm wasnt recognizing the truck being in park and therefore wouldn't start. So we decided to undownload the tripedog, well guess what, it wouldnt come off either, so we went and put it right back on the truck it came off of, and it downloaded and worked fine. So the dealer said he would straighten it out and call bullydog tommarow. So he talked to bullydog and they gave him some recovey program, downloaded that onto my truck and it was fine. I do have to say at that time i was so ****** off that i never even would of put a sticker on my truck that said bullydog, but they ended up giving me a pretty good deal on a tripledog for all my problems and now i love em.