3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Bully Dog Question

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2006, 10:38 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DODGE4X4
If I had known that it would erase the updates I would not have gotten it. I guess I should have if I had thought about it. Well if my vender will take it back I think that is the option I am going to take. I will feel better about a box rather than a programmer.
Thanks for all the help.

Wait a bit and look at the New PTM Bully Dog ! I Have been playing with one and so far its a great unit !

Col.
Old 12-29-2006, 11:05 AM
Banned

Bully Dog Help !

Originally Posted by KKB
I am still waiting patiently. I have not heard anything from Bob or Marco, but I contacted a guy with bullydog, who e-mailed me back promptly and said they might be able to help. I will let you guys know of any further progress.

Hope This Will Help You ??? Give Gary a Call @ Bully Dog (1868) He Is a Very Good Guy And Can And Will Help You ! If no Help Comes From This Let Me Know, I Can Give You The Top Dog Phone # If That Would Help .
I Have had Some Probs With The Trip dog And The Pup , Always They Have Came Trough ! Always Made it Right ! I Can Not Say Here what i Do , No Venders Here That are Not Paid For (DTR) And Do Not Wish To Pi$$ any One Off
Here (Again) So With That Said If i Can Help Any One Here With Bully Dog I Sure Will .

Best Regards,
Col.
Old 12-29-2006, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by wazz
By christmas tree you probably meen your Brake and ABS warning lights were on?
Exactly what happened. Like I said, once the program expired, the BD Dealer took about 3 tries with the reprogrammer to get it to reset. Bear in mind, I am not in posession of the reprogrammer.
My main concern is that I gring it to my local Dodge dealer and they hit me with a huge bill or worse yet, inform me that I voided my warranty.
Old 12-29-2006, 01:43 PM

I Have A Power Pup On My 03 And It Screams! It Will Dust A 4.6 Crown Vic Police Interceptor Up To 90 Mph (i Run Out Of Rpms At 115mph) I Bought Mine On Ebay Used For $65.00 And Had No Problems. I Probably Need To Get At Least A Pyrometer And Maybe Some Injectors Or Air Box But Not Right Now. I guess im lucky to live in a area where the local dodge dealership speaks horsepower and most of the stuff that they work on is "turned up" I have had a ecm update and i ask if i need to turn my truck back to the stock setting and the tech said no. the update went in w/o any prob but we thought it would give me the cruise control-fast idle feature but it did not (any thoughts?)
Old 12-30-2006, 09:57 AM

How do you guys with your downloader’s handle getting up dates to you ECM? I just had one done but when I put in my Power Pup I lost it and I was back with the same problem. Doesn't a Module make more sense?
Old 12-30-2006, 10:00 AM

Some D/L software is constantly updated with new DC software like the Smarty. Bully dog also updates the triple dog software but not as often it seems.
Old 12-30-2006, 10:12 AM

How do you check your key cycles?
Old 12-30-2006, 10:16 AM

Sent you a PM with explanation
Old 12-30-2006, 07:19 PM

Lost 3 mpg,, I wonder if it is because of the Ultra Low Sulfur Diesel or the Bull Dog's stock setting? Anyone have any ideas on this?
Old 12-31-2006, 12:02 PM

Lost 3 mpg,, I wonder if it is because of the Ultra Low Sulfur Diesel or the Bull Dog's stock setting? Anyone have any ideas on this?
I don’t have much background in diesels, but if you take most any modern fuel injected car/truck and either disconnect the battery or clear the computers long term compensative memory, it will take some time and specific drive condition cycles, before it has a base to determine how to give you the best fuel economy / performance.

3 MPG sounds like quite a bit though. Keep in mind we are in the middle of winter the fuel companies add (IM not sure what to diesel fuel) additives to compensate for the extra water that will always get into the fuel during the winter months. I had found typically the fuel economy loss starts on gas rigs around November 1st and on both mine and the wifes car its about 2 mpg. difference.
Old 01-10-2007, 09:23 AM

06 Dodge 2500

I had to take my truck back to dealer to get an update for long crank time!! I installed Bully Dog Triple Dog with Outlook Monitor on my truck and it went back to doing its long crank time again!!!! So I removed it and traded it back in 4 a Quadzilla chip and it still does the long crank time!!!! Did the triple dog remove my updates when I took it back to stock????
Old 01-10-2007, 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by chadsdodge
I had to take my truck back to dealer to get an update for long crank time!! I installed Bully Dog Triple Dog with Outlook Monitor on my truck and it went back to doing its long crank time again!!!! So I removed it and traded it back in 4 a Quadzilla chip and it still does the long crank time!!!! Did the triple dog remove my updates when I took it back to stock????

Yes it did! That is way I got a Juice
Old 01-14-2007, 02:34 AM

I got my Pup back from BD with the new software and so far i really like it.
EGT's are in check but its also 32*F out.
Makes pretty good power in the perfomance upload. I will know more on how it works when I goto haul the 3-runner on the car trailer and the 13ft camper around in Tow mode.

so far its good ,, need to check the MPG's
Old 01-14-2007, 02:55 AM

Originally Posted by HeberRam
Wazz, the OB scanner will tell you the ECM part # like the one KKB discribed. However, it will not tell you if it is an american or Brazilian. The dealer has a menu on their Star system screen that lists the part numbers, and update numbers on the left side, and on the right side the Brazilian/Argentinian. Whenever, the dealer updates (flashes) your ECM, it will change the last letter on the part number to a higher one. That way they can tell what has previously been flashed. There are different #'s for auto's and manuals. The dealer can not override a Brazilian part # with an American part # or vice versa. I don't know the difference between the American and brazilian software, it may have to due with emmissions. If you are only going to run BD downloaders and never plan on getting any dealer updates(flashes) the Brazilian part# (software) won't hurt you if you have it. The dealer does not have the ability to change the part #'s, and only can set them with a brand new ECM. Even with new ECM's the dealer has to be careful to assign them the right part # for either an auto or manual. If he puts an ECM part # for an auto and installs it into a manual it will get all screwed up. If he does this, he can't change the auto to a manual. He will have to get a brand new ECM and start over. So I doubt that BD can correct the problem without getting a new ECM and have it programed for the correct vehicle. Marco is smart enough to do this and has done it for me.

KKB, just wait the wait it will all be worth it in the end.
Dang thats a good bit of info thanks

I checked and the DRB I know of only goes to "2000"
dangit that dosent help my 04 at all

The BD Outlooks 1/4 mile times seem to work but the Max HP I dont understand the HP reading I have on the Outlook 72HP thats not right what am I doing wrong?
Old 01-14-2007, 03:08 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yes it did! That is way I got a Juice
Ive seen many more problems with the edge stuff then the bully dog products...

Quick Reply: Bully Dog Question