3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

bully dog power pup and outlook...Banks

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2005, 05:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bully dog power pup and outlook...Banks

Anyone have this Bully Dog system for the 03? Pro's and con's? Fuel mileage gain/loss?Or the banks six gun bundle with exhaust?
Old 12-06-2005, 07:07 PM

I've got the triple dog in my 04.5. Huge power gains, easy to program and change on the fly, I picked up 2 to 3 MPG under normal driving, and it works in just about any newer truck plus you can download upgrades for free on the web. I put mine up for sale in the classified section and plan to go with the six gun for only one reason: I find myself switching programs way too often. The Triple Dog will change on the fly but I have to dig it out and plug it in while not hitting the car in front of me! I'm always changing from performance to tow safe for towing or plowing. If you don't mind keeping it on one power level, or don't mind changing the program now and then the Triple Dog will give you more power, install easier, look better, and cost less than Banks. Plus when you get a new truck you just update the program instead of buying a whole new system! The Triple Dog is also a code reader and can clear engine codes. Guess you just need to decide if you'll need to change power levels often? Alot of the guys here seem to like the Edge system but I have no experiance with it. Good luck with your decision!
Old 12-06-2005, 09:43 PM

Triple Dog

The new triple dog can be left plugged in and change it on the fly anytime. On the tow/economy (one notch above stock), it smooths out the rpm's. Gene
Old 12-06-2005, 10:18 PM
Banned

I have an 05 and just got the Bully Dog Triple Dog and LOVE IT! I took a friend out today and put it on extreme and roasted my 33" Tires . I think that you would be happy with the Bully Dog. From my research the Banks is not worth the money!!