3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Bully Dog Power Pup

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2006, 07:32 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bully Dog Power Pup

Friend of mine has the same truck as mine, and he has the Power Pup. he let me try it out over the weekend, LOVED IT. Very smooth power, pulled from idle all the way through 3500 RPM. Not peaky at all (like stock) He has had it for about a year now, and has had no problems with it. He runs it on the 90 HP setting, and just leaves it there. Has anyone else had any experience with this programmer? You like it? Seems to be the best for the $$$$$, and from my understanding, it does NOT raise fuel pressure, but just the timing of the injectors, which is what you want if you do not want to put the extra strain on the pump, right? I asked a few months back on some boxes, and thought I saved the thread, but can not seem to find it. And now that I have driven a "modded" truck, and since I had to give back the programmer, and my truck is now stock, it's drving me CRAZY. I need more power. Money is still an issue, and want the best bang for the buck, but I want a programmer that is going to do the timing on the injectors, and not just raise fuel pressure. Any help you guys can share would be great.
Old 04-29-2006, 08:52 PM
Chapter President

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SSminnow

I have the Power Pup on my 2003. I was running the Edge Ez module but sold it and purchased the Power Pup and couldn't be happier with the performance. I also run mine on the "performance" setting majority of the time and it is awesome. Have not had any issues with it as of yet

I would recommend it........

HUMP
Old 04-29-2006, 09:31 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by hump
I have the Power Pup on my 2003. I was running the Edge Ez module but sold it and purchased the Power Pup and couldn't be happier with the performance. I also run mine on the "performance" setting majority of the time and it is awesome. Have not had any issues with it as of yet

I would recommend it........

HUMP

OK, cool! It is an injector timing box though, right? Not a pressure box?
Old 04-30-2006, 08:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've been running on the Performance setting every day for the past couple of weeks. I'm seeing a several MPG gain over the Tow setting... with at least 20mpg highway with a little stop & go driving mixed in.

For daily driving the Performance setting is awesome. It just makes part throttle acceleration and merging into traffic effortless.
Old 04-30-2006, 08:54 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by J Banning
I've been running on the Performance setting every day for the past couple of weeks.

For daily driving the Performance setting is awesome. It just makes part throttle acceleration and merging into traffic effortless.

That is EXACTLY what it did for me also, and that is EXACTLY why I loved it so much. I am not needing a record setting horsepower number, I just want nice smooth, strong and steady pull power. And the Power Pup seems to do just that!