3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Bully Dog demo on 06

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2007, 12:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well it happened, took the Try n Buy on my 06 and lost 2 TSB reflashes.

I have not had any codes, lights or any thing else happen. I just want to get back what I lost.

Does anyone know of understanding techs, or dealers in the colorado area that I can talk to$$$?
Thanks
Dan
Old 05-20-2007, 03:06 PM

goose2 you had the dodge dealer put 2 reflashes to help with mpg's and tranny shifting? Never heard of this up date. Is it neccessory? How much did it help?
Old 05-21-2007, 01:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by dodgerunner
Well it happened, took the Try n Buy on my 06 and lost 2 TSB reflashes.

I have not had any codes, lights or any thing else happen. I just want to get back what I lost.

Does anyone know of understanding techs, or dealers in the colorado area that I can talk to$$$?
Thanks
Dan
Call 1-888-Bullydog and extension 101. It will be a guy named Justin who is very helpful. He was the only guy that would take the time to help me, and he already knows there is a problem with the tri before you buy on the 06's.
Hope this helps,
Scott
Old 05-22-2007, 10:27 AM

I went through the same thing. 06. Lost the vin. Had the ABS and one other light on, I forget which one now. Truck wouldn't run. BD walked me through it and got my truck to run. But not clear the lights. I didn't know if I messed up or what happened. BD told me it sometimes happens. I returned the unit. And brought my truck down to Dodge to reflash the ECM. I was prepared to bite the bullet on the warrenty. Because at that time the truck was brand new, less then 1000 miles on it, and I wanted the truck to be right. They didn't ask, and I didn't tell. They just reflashed it under warrenty.

I don't know if I would want to try it again. Because since so many others have gone through the same thing, I would guess that Dodge is onto it by now. It happened to me over a year ago.

I run an Edge box now. It may not make the same amount of power, or smoke. But at least when it quits I just have to unplug it. And I have had one fail. Edge was wonderful about replacing it.

When you have just spent 40+ on a new truck, the last thing you want is that feeling that maybe something is not right in the programing. Plus it feels like being a kid again having to tell dad you messed up when you have to go to the dealer to get it right again.

I know there are a lot of guys out there loving their BD downloaders. I am not trying to tell anyone not to try one. All I want to suggest is that your prepared to go through the process if something was to go wrong, to make it right again. It won't ruin your truck, and is not something that can't be fixed. Worst case I guess would be the loss of warrenty. I would suggest any time you do try it or change programs, you do it when you know BD is open to help. Otherwise you may not have use of your truck until you can reach them.
Old 05-22-2007, 04:58 PM

Hmm i must be the luckiest guy alive. I have loaded and unloaded my BDDL many times and have not had any issues. Oh and I run an 06 as well.
Old 05-22-2007, 05:12 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I did the try b4 you buy in tulsa and had the same trouble the shop spent two days downloading stuff from bully dog and talking to engineers they were persistant and got it fixed after 2 long days. I will NOT own BD products its not BD fault the shop tried to load my truck with the wrong program but it kinda leaves a bad taste in your mouth. THe fix was some VOO DOO program from BD big wheels and it fixed the ABS Sensor prob we did have to back up a hundred feet once the program was installed to lose the lights. My truck had 1100 miles on it I was sick No BD for me!