3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Bully Dog demo on 06

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2006, 04:40 PM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This makes quite a few guys this year that have had less than stellar experiences with the BDDL. Scary to hear about the service, kinda hit and miss by the way I read it.
Old 07-31-2006, 11:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well the shop called BullyDog today and they said that it has happened on several new trucks. They said that it was the Gateway Module that needed to be replaced, and that chrysler would fix it under warranty.

Makes me a bit nervous but I guess I'll go see what they say.
Old 07-31-2006, 12:12 PM

If Dodge finds out that you had the BDDL on there, they are gonna void your warranty. And this will be a brand that is put on your vin for every dealership.

I would make BD make it good, if their downloader program that they have going caused something on your truck to fail. Especially if making it known to the dealer will void my NEW trucks warranty. have them send you whatever it is you need for free, it is their stuff's fault, and if they donot want that responsibility, they need to drop this try it before you uy it program.
Old 07-31-2006, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by HappyGA
If Dodge finds out that you had the BDDL on there, they are gonna void your warranty. And this will be a brand that is put on your vin for every dealership.

I would make BD make it good, if their downloader program that they have going caused something on your truck to fail. Especially if making it known to the dealer will void my NEW trucks warranty. have them send you whatever it is you need for free, it is their stuff's fault, and if they donot want that responsibility, they need to drop this try it before you uy it program.
I'd make BD do it to. The try before you buy thing is a good idea, but they should only let people that can fix problem load it so they avoid these situations. Dealers say if aftermarket boxes were EVER on the truck warrenty is voided, of course it all depends on the dealer, just tell them the lights came on and you have no idea why...
Old 07-31-2006, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by PanteraGSTK
, just tell them the lights came on and you have no idea why...
only problem with this is the key strokes has been reset, and they will see this and that will throw up a flag to the tech.....

If you can play dumb enough it might work, maybe two dead battery theories...you left your lights on all night all th way to lunch the next day, or you could try and keep it honest and have BD make it right.
Old 07-31-2006, 03:59 PM

Gateway module? BS!
Has nothing to do with the TIPM. BTW it's name is Totally Integrated Power Module and happens to have the "gateway" incorporated.

It's BD's programming (or lack of) fault and they want you to waste your money to fix (not) something they've messed up???

WOW!

Marco
Old 07-31-2006, 05:13 PM

Sixpack73 What shop did you go to? I also tried the "tri before you buy" from 4 wheel parts in the city but they said that bully dog didn't have the 06 version out (this was back in Feb). So I went to auto accessories unlimited down in norman and they got it working for me.
Old 07-31-2006, 10:42 PM

and you're not getting the ABS light? i think mine had the most recent flashes from dodge, so maybe that was part of the problem?

btw pm sent.
Old 07-31-2006, 11:08 PM

my abs light brake light stay on, my speedo dosent work, and my truck just dies ocasinaly, it suks
Old 05-17-2007, 05:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Has anyone found a solution to this? I was at my line-x dealer and they were promoting the try it free deal, so i did. Guess what, abs, check engine, brake lights are all on and the speedometer isn't working. The shop gave me some lame excuse about a fuse tap from my edge caused the gateway module to malfunction. He told me to take it back to the dealership because it should be under warranty. I told him it is under warranty until I tell them what happened and then...too bad. I tried to call bullydog when I got home, but they were closed. Does anyone have any suggestions other than make the shop fix it. I don't think they can since he had my truck for 3 1/2 hours and would'nt tell me why he was on the phone with bullydog the whole time! (thinking up a good excuse about how it's my fault)
Thanks for any help guys,
Scott
Old 05-17-2007, 06:23 PM

Im trying to catch up here what is gateway module to malfunction ? how does it cause the problem with the abs, check engine, brake lights Just trying to help out!
Old 05-17-2007, 07:43 PM

I'm not completely sure, but I think it is the fuse panel under the hood.
Scott
Old 05-17-2007, 07:51 PM

ABS light

This is a BullyDog thing. Have had the ABS light since I have owned the BDDL. The way to reset this thing is to back up a hundred yards or so and they both will go out. My BDDL shows no codes either and of course BullyDog seems surprised. I blamed my problems on the Outlook Monitor. This fault will happen every time you change programs on the BDDL..
Old 05-17-2007, 10:21 PM
Banned

I tried it on my truck and I didn't have any problems. Truck had like 1,000 miles on it...

Think this will be tracable if I had to get warranty work done?
Old 05-17-2007, 11:05 PM

It usually depends on how hard DC looks into problems. Most downloaders are somewhat traceable. That's what sucks, They'll probably void my warranty and I didn't even get to enjoy it.
Scott

Quick Reply: Bully Dog demo on 06