3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Bully Dog

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2008, 03:36 PM
Cummins Guru

Received 64 Likes on 44 Posts
Bully Dog

I have 2006 Ram 2500 diesel with a Bully dog outlook. My tranmission torque convertor went out will that void my transmission warranty? When I put it in gear it wants to take off like in direct drive. Mechanic said torque convertor came a part. Will require a new transmission and torque convertor if there is metal in transmission pan. Anyone have any problem getting there trucks covered under warranty?
Old 10-30-2008, 07:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Outlook alone shouldnt but they will look further best to remove it so they dont hassle you
Old 10-30-2008, 09:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
had a big hassle with dodge with an outlook only on my 07 i would remove all evidence of it or they will begin a witch hunt
Old 10-30-2008, 09:43 PM

Thats definetly where the chevy boys have us.... I used to take my chevy in for maintenence with programs in it, stickers on it, and they still replaced the trans twice...
Old 10-30-2008, 10:59 PM

Well.....they denied my replacement. I had the BDTD and toasted the tranny at 12k. They said they could tell it had a tuner cause of the key count being way low. I didn't get too far. I knew what I did and didn't want another stock tranny so I bit the bullet!
Old 10-30-2008, 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by BigIron70
I have 2006 Ram 2500 diesel with a Bully dog outlook. My tranmission torque convertor went out will that void my transmission warranty? When I put it in gear it wants to take off like in direct drive. Mechanic said torque convertor came a part. Will require a new transmission and torque convertor if there is metal in transmission pan. Anyone have any problem getting there trucks covered under warranty?
I would leave evreything on, they're gonna know you had something when they hook up the computer.

your best bet is to take it to a dealership that has NEW lifted trucks-other than stock cars on their lot. That usually means they are a authorized dealer to make the final decision of warranty issues.

Where are you located?? I know of a couple of dealers that can (doesn't mean they will) make the decision, that is if your not going to run the same way you have 'cuz you'll end up back to where you're at now. Factory trans./conv. can not handle the up graded power.
Good luck!!
Old 10-31-2008, 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by mpracehemi
I would leave evreything on, they're gonna know you had something when they hook up the computer.

your best bet is to take it to a dealership that has NEW lifted trucks-other than stock cars on their lot. That usually means they are a authorized dealer to make the final decision of warranty issues.

Where are you located?? I know of a couple of dealers that can (doesn't mean they will) make the decision, that is if your not going to run the same way you have 'cuz you'll end up back to where you're at now. Factory trans./conv. can not handle the up graded power.
Good luck!!
You beat me to it. Also, if denied don't spend a dollar there. Call Dave Gorend as his prices on a partially built tranny and an a la cart t/q is the same as oem replacement and will hold a lot more power and your on your way to a built tranny!
Old 10-31-2008, 08:15 PM
Cummins Guru

Received 64 Likes on 44 Posts
Thanks for advice will see what my trans looks like on Monday. Will have it pulled out of truck then.