3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Bull nose or Legend ranch hand?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2006, 12:22 PM
wap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bull nose or Legend ranch hand?

I understand the differances between the two but cant decide which one looks better or would look better on my truck. What so you guys think? I have never seen a bull nose on a dodge but that is the one I am leaning towards. I dont know if it says in my sig or not but my truck is black if that makes any differance.
thanks
Old 02-03-2006, 12:40 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Between the two I prefer the legend series. Very popular in this part of the world.

MikeyB
Old 02-03-2006, 02:56 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The one above is Slimpicken's truck with the Bull Nose bumper.

The one below is mine with the Legend Series, Winch Ready....but with no winch (yet).

Hope that helps. They both look good, so you can't go wrong with either. Just personal preference. Mine was a "scratch and dent" that I got at a pretty good discount.....so I went that route. Course now, im going to lose all my "savings" on it by buying a winch that I really don't need that bad..LOL.

Old 02-03-2006, 04:59 PM
wap

Thanks Tx, that helps a lot both are very sharp trucks, but I just talked to my bumper man and he is gonna have some legends in monday, but it could be weeks before they get some bull noses. I may have failed to mention I wrecked my front bumper so insurance is buyin me a ranch hand, I can get the legend shipped to me for about 950 and a new factory bumper is a little over 1,000. I realy like the look of both but seein as I can have the legend by next weekend I may go with it.

Does any body know how strong the 2" hitch is? I was wonderin if I got stuck could I just use it instead of the tow hooks or is it not that strong?

Thanks for the help, keep the opinions comin.
Old 02-04-2006, 12:36 AM

Functionally the Legend, I have had a couple. You can take down pretty good size trees without hurtin much. But I really like the look of the Bull Nose. It would be a hard choice for me too.
Old 02-04-2006, 02:58 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by wap
Thanks Tx, that helps a lot both are very sharp trucks, but I just talked to my bumper man and he is gonna have some legends in monday, but it could be weeks before they get some bull noses. I may have failed to mention I wrecked my front bumper so insurance is buyin me a ranch hand, I can get the legend shipped to me for about 950 and a new factory bumper is a little over 1,000. I realy like the look of both but seein as I can have the legend by next weekend I may go with it.

Does any body know how strong the 2" hitch is? I was wonderin if I got stuck could I just use it instead of the tow hooks or is it not that strong?

Thanks for the help, keep the opinions comin.

If you don't get the "winch ready" Legend series......you keep your tow hooks. Mine had to come off because they are in the space where the winch will be going. I don't know about the "tow rating" of the 2'' receiver, but I would imagine it is pretty stout. It is welded into the schedule 40 pipe that makes the foundation of the bumper.

Seems like I read somewhere you were making a trip to TX. If you are, you might just save yourself the shipping cost and pick one up here at the Ranch Hand place warehouse or one of the local dealers, or have them install it while your here. (this would apply to pretty much anyplace in TX but they are actually made in Shiner, TX) If it happens to be the weekend of Feb. 17th-19th, we will be having our local DTR Chapter get together in the form of a camping trip about an hour north of Dallas. You are welcome to join.

Click here for more info http://www.riegerweb.com/Nortex_DTR.htm

I sure didn't know the "stock" front end was worth $1000.00. I sold mine to friend at work for $250.00 after he wrecked his 1500 Dodge. Even helped him move some brackets around and install it. Sounds like he got a bargain..LOL.
Old 02-04-2006, 07:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I got a Ranch Hand brush guard for my 2004.5 Went with it cause its been around long time this neck of woods & looks good.

PROBLEM. LOSE TOW HOOKS

They are a very large mfg.company. Thier engineering dept needs to come
up with some other way of mounting without losing a $75 option!!

I'm still p***ed about it!

Anyone want two paperweights?
Old 02-04-2006, 08:12 AM

koogala, does browns welding make replacement bumpers? If so do you know what they cost and the quality?
Old 02-04-2006, 08:21 AM
wap

Thanks for the invite Tx but we arent goin till the end of March, its mud nationals in Jacksonville. I am sure you can get a front end cheaper but my body man was tryin to help my out. The front bumper is 3 seperate peices and then you got brackets and the fog light bezles. I think I am goin to go with the legend cause its got more protection and in the two above pics I think it looks better.
Old 02-04-2006, 08:31 AM

I can't remember if he does or not. I know I wished I'd gone with him on all
of my accessories( Mostly the brush guard) I know his quality is equal if not
better than ranchhand. Seems like he does make replacement front bumpers
& can install this stuff in a flash. If you dont know about him it isn't really
a welding shop.He's pretty much into truck accessories all the way. I think he just kept the welding shop name 'cause thats what it started out as.
If you want Phone & directions I can give it to you also. Bluebonnet sends
all of thier bumper stuff to him. Ido remember his stuff was a little less
cost than others.

Last edited by koogala; 02-04-2006 at 08:36 AM. Reason: omission of info
Old 02-04-2006, 08:49 AM

Yes, Browns welding makes bumpers. I've had one of their's on my 99'. Only problem with theirs is their mounts do not come straight out from the frame, they bend out, causing weak points. I hit a deer with mine and it broke the welds because of the bends in the mounting brackets. RH mounts are straight to the frame....

My ranchhand for my 03, has my factory tow hooks and fog lights incorporated into the bumper. See my pics. I love it. If you drive in a place where there are a lot of deer, they are a must

EDIT: I forgot my RH pics weren't in there yet.. they should be soon.

Last edited by Ramasaur; 02-04-2006 at 08:55 AM. Reason: forgot to add pics
Old 02-04-2006, 10:33 AM

what is the # to the new braunfels shop? I have personally ripped a ranchhand off of a z71 with no problem at all. welds broke and it fell right off. Besides if the quality is there, I like to keep it with the small guys.
Old 02-04-2006, 11:45 AM

I vote for the winch ready Legend series. I plan on grabbing RH front and rear bumpers in the near future. I'm in the process of getting rid of all the "bling" now like all the chrome and polished diamond plate on the truck as I don't think it would mesh well with the black.
Old 02-04-2006, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by koogala
I got a Ranch Hand brush guard for my 2004.5 Went with it cause its been around long time this neck of woods & looks good.

PROBLEM. LOSE TOW HOOKS

They are a very large mfg.company. Thier engineering dept needs to come
up with some other way of mounting without losing a $75 option!!

I'm still p***ed about it!

Anyone want two paperweights?
My 04.5 still has the tow hooks, look in Gallery, wonder if they gave you the wrong one
Old 02-04-2006, 12:29 PM

Brown's Welding & Mfg. 1-800-625-8712

From SA, I-35 South to NB,exit Hwy 46,go toward Seguin,Home Depot will be on your left; as soon as you pass Home Depot turn left on the Fm. Road(Can't
remember #,this road goes right down beside home depot) Go 6-7 miles,
Brown,s is on left side. Best as I recall it is a red tin bldg. that still looks
like a welding shop & its in a curve in the road.

If I did it all over again I'd get Browns to do everything.

Spray-in liner over rails, $325,I think 4 expanded metal steps were $60 ea.
His brushguard was slightly less than ranchhand but looked just as good.

Brown is mid-late 40's & straight to the point.I watchched my bedliner being sprayed. Brown came over 5-6 times while it was being done to see what was
happening. I was impressed

All prices were installed.