3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Buddy.... Still the man!

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 06:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Buddy.... Still the man!

As I write this, Buddy Kunz is driving like 3.5 hours to get parts so he can get me back on the road for Monday. I'm one of the guys who can't work without my truck. I went down thursday morning, on the side of the road.
I had just replaced apps on my truck the night before and I don't think I reset it right. I decided to take off the Bullydog and try again. It froze halfway through. Bullydog wasn't able to help me on the phone, so they asked my to send them the pcm for a reflash. So I sent it overnight.
Understanding I can't work without my truck, Buddy from Bullydog is going above and beyond what I expected for customer service. Giving up his friday evening to get me on the road tomorrow. Hell I know people I consider friends that wont give up a friday evening when I'm in a pinch. Bottom line is Buddy is a top notch rep. and I appreciate him doing what he can to make it right. I owe you a few drinks next time I'm out west.

Sorry for the novel guys.
Dave
Old 04-11-2008, 06:59 PM

That's a lot better than when I had a bully dog freeze up on my ford. Truck wouldn't start and I couldn't even get bully dog to return my calls. Ended up paying ford to reflash the ecm.
Old 04-11-2008, 07:14 PM

Buddy has been giving Bullydog customer service a much better name! I've never had problems with their customer service, but Buddy seems to go the extra mile.
Old 04-11-2008, 08:29 PM

He's helped me a little. But other than that bully dog has been a nightmare. I've been asking them one question for months and they avoid it everytime. All I want to know is why tow/performance/extreme all feel the same and how I can fix it. Today a bully dog rep first ignored it then told me it was becasue I had a stock airbox. Ahhhhhhhhhh I'm so frustrated. It seems there are no worthwhile tunes for an 03. Sorry I needed to vent a little.
Old 04-12-2008, 07:30 AM

Well now that I read my post a little better Ineed to make a small correction. Unloading the bullydog went fine, resetting the apps the second time went fine. When I tried to reload Bullydog is when it froze. Not that it matters now, but incase someone else runs into the same problem.

Stainless- I know what you mean, the first version I was running, didn't seem to make a difference what setting it was it all felt the same. Unfortunately I went to one of the newer versions back when I replaced my lift pump,so I can't tell which had more effect. I'm sure a little of both. The newest version 2.4.3 has a noticeable difference on each setting, I still think I need a better lift pump to take advantage of the higher settings. I'm starting to notice each truck reacts differently to the same mods.

Dave

Last edited by 87BRGN; 04-12-2008 at 07:36 AM. Reason: added content
Old 04-12-2008, 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by 87BRGN
Well now that I read my post a little better Ineed to make a small correction. Unloading the bullydog went fine, resetting the apps the second time went fine. When I tried to reload Bullydog is when it froze. Not that it matters now, but incase someone else runs into the same problem.

Stainless- I know what you mean, the first version I was running, didn't seem to make a difference what setting it was it all felt the same. Unfortunately I went to one of the newer versions back when I replaced my lift pump,so I can't tell which had more effect. I'm sure a little of both. The newest version 2.4.3 has a noticeable difference on each setting, I still think I need a better lift pump to take advantage of the higher settings. I'm starting to notice each truck reacts differently to the same mods.

Dave
I found with mine the lift pump really made no difference, I have an Airdog and while its a wonderful set up it dosent help any. The bully dog just doesnt require enough fuel for it to make a difference.

Thats not knocking Airdog at all, with a bigger box it really does help.