3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Buddy Kunz Or Anyone With Bullydog Please Help Asap!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 08:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good luck, hope it works out for you
Old 10-02-2007, 09:23 PM
Banned

Let us know what happened btw this is nic
Old 10-02-2007, 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by KMKDiesel
Let us know what happened btw this is nic
well I reinstalled the td back on the 06 and it installed just fine and I then put the truck back to stock and took it back to my truck (which still want crank) and the install download screen comes up and I select cummins 5.9 and the TURN THE IGNITION TO THE ON POSITION BUT DO NOT START. I turn the ignition on and nothing happens it's like it is stuck there. i'll just have to wait and call bullydog.I have some of the worst luck in the world
Old 10-03-2007, 11:09 AM

Well I just talked to bigsilver and we got his truck back up and running. To explain what happened...when they were uninstalling from the 2006 they didn't complete all the key cycles at the end of the download. This caused the Triple Dog to go into recovery mode for the 2006 truck. Then they took it to the 2003 and installed the recovery mode for the 2006 on the 2003. This in turn caused the 2003 not to start. To fix the problem we just had to set the Triple Dog into recovery mode for the 2003 and let it download the correct file into the truck.

Originally Posted by mysterync
I've seen this alot, I've actully changed some ecm's over it! Heard plenty of opinions on the situation but usualy the ecm is eaither re flashed or a new one installed. Theres a bunch around here who constantly have problems with them, I've fixed 6 or so just unhooking the batteries and waiting 30 min, but thats not a grntd. fix!
mysterync not to bash or anything, but I have been working for Bully Dog for years now, and even helped design the original Dodge Cummins Power Pup. In all of that time (about 4 years now) I have seen only one ECM that I could not recover. So for you to say that you have had to change “ecm's”, I would have to say that you didn't talk to me.

I will acknowledge that a dealership does not always have the ability to fix an erased ECM and that for them to be able to fix it they would have to replace it. That is why if you have a Bully Dog problem you need to talk to Bully Dog to fix it. Like I said, I am not trying to get anyone’s dander up I just want people to have accurate information.
Old 10-03-2007, 11:14 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Good job Buddy, its good to have real tech support on the forums out of bullydog and smarty. (I have quite a few friends with tripledogs)
Old 10-03-2007, 11:15 AM

your the man bud im glad i bought bullydog its nice to see someone who cares about the people who run there product hard to find now days. hows the presure comming for the pmt and the rest of the bd guys?
Old 10-03-2007, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by 82NDSNPR
your the man bud im glad i bought bullydog its nice to see someone who cares about the people who run there product hard to find now days. hows the presure comming for the pmt and the rest of the bd guys?
Still working on it. I keep getting redirected with other things, like right now I am working on the PMT for the 6.7L, but it is still a priority. I'll let you know.
Old 10-03-2007, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by Bud Kunz
Well I just talked to bigsilver and we got his truck back up and running. To explain what happened...when they were uninstalling from the 2006 they didn't complete all the key cycles at the end of the download. This caused the Triple Dog to go into recovery mode for the 2006 truck. Then they took it to the 2003 and installed the recovery mode for the 2006 on the 2003. This in turn caused the 2003 not to start. To fix the problem we just had to set the Triple Dog into recovery mode for the 2003 and let it download the correct file into the truck.

mysterync not to bash or anything, but I have been working for Bully Dog for years now, and even helped design the original Dodge Cummins Power Pup. In all of that time (about 4 years now) I have seen only one ECM that I could not recover. So for you to say that you have had to change “ecm's”, I would have to say that you didn't talk to me.

I will acknowledge that a dealership does not always have the ability to fix an erased ECM and that for them to be able to fix it they would have to replace it. That is why if you have a Bully Dog problem you need to talk to Bully Dog to fix it. Like I said, I am not trying to get anyone’s dander up I just want people to have accurate information.
By no means was i saying it was a Bully Dog Problem Bud. I have changed a number of ecms, I should have clarified saying it was not just in the case of a Bully dog box, Other boxes included and my appologies for that! As a matter of fact the only programmers we sell are bully dog and Smartys, Now as far as Not speaking to bully dog, The bully dog dealer which I fixed the trucks for contacted Bully Dog , Not Myself! Generally They Panicked, Took the trucks to the dealership which only compounded the problem. As far as bully dog, Nancy and the girls in the RMA Dept. have always been great at taking care of any bully dog problems, again, i was only speaking of personal experience with another dealer (Noted as A Bunch up here). Quite frankly , i've never had any problems what so ever out of a bully dog box! Quess i should have clarified better but it was no reason to get upset at me!
Old 10-03-2007, 12:20 PM

Thanks for that mysterync. I think you described that great about panicing and taking it to a dealership. I am also sorry for missunderstanding.
Old 10-03-2007, 02:54 PM

Buddy,
I think it would be great (if possible) If you could put togeather somthing like a Tech's Guide to the bully dog, Not releasing any trade secrets or anything by that means, but somthing to help guys through the recovery and situations such as this! I can understand theres reasons for making such a publication, but most are flying blind when it comes to recovery and problems? I worked in computers and in a dealership before i started my shop so i have somewhat of an advantage but are there any secrets?
Just Curious!
L
Old 10-03-2007, 09:30 PM

buddy to the rescue

Thanks so much everyone for your help and thanks buddy for gettin me up and running. I also got the td to download and got to do some fourwheel burnouts. Just my opinion bullydog is #1 and I can say that because they backup what they sell and they come rescue you when you screw up . Again thanks everyone