3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

bud kunz help pmt issue

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2008, 02:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bud kunz help pmt issue

my pmt loads up fine and lights up but it wont regester anything on the screen it stays at all zeros the power options are there in the corner and i can change the level but i cant clear my codes or see what the truck is doing since it reads only zero across the board
Old 08-25-2008, 04:57 PM
Banned

Goodluck! Their customer service is laking right now. At least for me it is, been over a week since ive heard back.
Old 08-26-2008, 09:38 AM

82ndsnpr PM sent.

motonate sorry you haven't heard back from us what is the issue you are having?
Old 08-26-2008, 10:37 AM

Pmt Codes Clearing

When I hit the boost up to and over 45 psi my check engine light pops. I go to clear up using my pmt and it freezes on 'commmunicating'. I quickly unplug and re-plug it and re-try the dianostics and it works. Sometimes in doing this I have to reload the whole thing. I wonder if someone else doe the same thing??
Old 08-27-2008, 12:19 AM

thanks bud u the man
Old 08-27-2008, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by 82NDSNPR
thanks bud u the man
No Problem.

Originally Posted by mpracehemi
When I hit the boost up to and over 45 psi my check engine light pops. I go to clear up using my pmt and it freezes on 'commmunicating'. I quickly unplug and re-plug it and re-try the dianostics and it works. Sometimes in doing this I have to reload the whole thing. I wonder if someone else doe the same thing??
Is it an overboost code you are seeing? To clear most codes the truck has to be not running with the key on and then you can start the truck.
Old 08-27-2008, 10:31 AM

Hey bud quick question on pmt, The other day when i put the hammer down my pmt put my truck in stock while saying it was still in the extreme mode, so basically it took it self off my truck. I had to pull over shut off my truck then start it up three times before my truck reconized the program. Code came up unknown code, i wrote it down but now cant find it, any idea???
Old 08-27-2008, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by Bud Kunz
No Problem.

Is it an overboost code you are seeing? To clear most codes the truck has to be not running with the key on and then you can start the truck.
Correct, it's the over boost. I don't have the truck running when I do the dianostics option. I go to that 'window' and click to do the dianostic and the screen will freeze on 'communicating with vehicle', I try and return to main menu and nothing. So I unplug the PMT and quickly plug back in, then retry and it works. It'll go to and show the over boost code and I click to erase, it does and everything is fine until I go over 35-40psi of boost again (which is almost daily-I have a lead foot from take off) I have a boost fooler from spdiesel (he and I aren't on good terms anymore), I just bought a MP-8 and I'll be taking off the defective 'boost fooler' and see what happens. Thanks
Old 08-27-2008, 11:53 AM

or get a quad BF they work great
Old 08-27-2008, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by 06RED-BARON
Hey bud quick question on pmt, The other day when i put the hammer down my pmt put my truck in stock while saying it was still in the extreme mode, so basically it took it self off my truck. I had to pull over shut off my truck then start it up three times before my truck reconized the program. Code came up unknown code, i wrote it down but now cant find it, any idea???
My unit seems to be working fine but that gave me a little scare, for that 15 mins of driving stock, i almost cried it was like driving a moped, totally a different truck stock
Old 08-27-2008, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by RunninLean
or get a quad BF they work great
I just got off the phone with TS and they said that MP-8 has a bf and I can take off the present one. I should be good to go.
Old 08-27-2008, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by mpracehemi
Correct, it's the over boost. I don't have the truck running when I do the dianostics option. I go to that 'window' and click to do the dianostic and the screen will freeze on 'communicating with vehicle', I try and return to main menu and nothing. So I unplug the PMT and quickly plug back in, then retry and it works. It'll go to and show the over boost code and I click to erase, it does and everything is fine until I go over 35-40psi of boost again (which is almost daily-I have a lead foot from take off) I have a boost fooler from spdiesel (he and I aren't on good terms anymore), I just bought a MP-8 and I'll be taking off the defective 'boost fooler' and see what happens. Thanks
Have you tried unistalling it an reloading the program onto your SD card, then reloading it onto the PMT? You might give that a shot.
Old 08-27-2008, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by CrashCade
Have you tried unistalling it an reloading the program onto your SD card, then reloading it onto the PMT? You might give that a shot.
I went to C V S/ S avons and bought a new sd card (I kept my original card just in case-for back up) to download a tune someone generously sent me a few weeks ago. Of cource you have to return to stock to reload a new tune. So I have done what you have suggested and I thank you for help as in anyones' help. I really like this forum alot better than the others.
Old 08-29-2008, 12:25 PM

well bud about the time i get so ****** off and swear off bullydog and am ready to put a block of c4 on the pmt u call and fix the problem. I hope bullydog knows if it was not for you working on this place they would have lost alot more biz then they have already. Seems like your the entire customer support division