3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Which box will give the most TORQUE. Horsepower is nice but I want TORQUE

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2003, 08:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Which box will give the most TORQUE. Horsepower is nice but I want TORQUE

Hello
I am somewhat new to this 03/04 form we have a 04 that I am tring to learn which BOMBing direction I want to go.
Dependability is most important.
We pull a 5er that weighs roughly 10K. We also have a Goose neck that is rated at 14K.
We have a 2001.5 with a Edge EZ box on it that really wakes up the truck.
My question is for the folks out there using there trucks as tow rigs and not for the folks that are just out there "HOT *******". Don't get me wrong I "hot dog" from time to time myself.
I have my 2001 set up as follows. 2001.5 6 speed I have the Edge EZ and DDII injectors along with a South Bend Clutch (ConOFE) and I have 4:10 gears with 315 AT/BFG tires. When pulling the trailers I put the stock tires on due to the height of the truck with the bigger tires. I have a TST PM3 box that I turn on when I want to "HOTDOG" most of the time that box is off. I did see a increase of about 40 HP and about 75 FT LBs in Torq increase.

Bottom line is:
I want to set up my wive's truck to be able to pull like my 2001 will.
Old 12-18-2003, 07:02 AM

Re:Which box will give the most TORQUE. Horsepower is nice but I want TORQUE

For reliability you can't go wrong with the Edge EZ. I have an unsed extra for sale in the classifieds if your interested....great price too!
Old 12-18-2003, 05:31 PM

You mentioned that dependability was most important. If you are committed to that and a power upgrade at the same time, I'd suggest you consider a mild timing and duration fueling box, and consider avoiding the Edge EZ and other pressure boxes. The TST box does not raise rail pressure and they are pretty insistant that such an approach is more reliable. all arguments aside, consider that there is less stress on the high pressure system itself. Granted the TST is more than a mild box, but then your 2nd gen mods wern't exactly mild either. With the TST box you have essentially the same capability you did before -- mild HP increase on lower settings, plus hot rod modes.
Old 12-19-2003, 02:14 PM

The last Spec I heard for the '03 TST was 150HP, and 500Ft/Lbs.

I guess that could satisfy your craving for torque for awhile?

The truck they did the testing on was all stock, except for an aftermarket clutch,, that wasn't holding anymore after several dyno runs.

Merrick