3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Boost Fooler

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2007, 07:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Boost Fooler

Hey all,
Looking for some quick advice,

Is there any didfference in boost foolers between Brands?

I need one now that I have removed the Edge and installed the Smarty, I cant say I know that much about why and so on ( I would love for someone to explain the need for one though)

Thanks
Old 03-05-2007, 08:23 AM

You can go to smarty's sight and download the program that has boost fooling in it. If I am right it is the one for aftermarket turbos.

Bill
Old 03-05-2007, 10:57 AM
Banned

thats true....but how much boost would it allow? maybe too much? much just enough? i have no idea.....

theres 2 boost foolers on the market....one from SP, one from Quadzilla. they work differently....I was a beta tester for both of them. If you are still running a stock turbo, i would strongly suggest the Quadzilla Boost Fooler. Check the DTR store...and PM Larry for a price.
Old 03-05-2007, 11:05 AM

Can someone explain to me what a boost fooler does and why is it needed?

Chad
Old 03-05-2007, 11:14 AM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
It fools the computer into thinking that the turbo is not at max boost, so it is not limited by the computer. More boost.
Old 03-05-2007, 11:19 AM
Banned

programmers (except the smarty) do not allow for more than 32psi....thus EGTs get hot and its nasty.

Boost foolers fool the computer into thinking theres little boost and allows the turbo to have more boost....as much as 50psi on a stock turbo. This cools EGTs by as much as 200* and allows for a much stronger top end pull.

Most modules have boost fooling built in.....so no need for a boost fooler if you are running a module (except the Edge EZ...as i have experienced.)
Old 03-05-2007, 11:51 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by chadc
Can someone explain to me what a boost fooler does and why is it needed?

Chad
You have an 03 with a mechanical wastegate.....

You need a boost elbow as well as a boost fooler. The boost elbow allows for more boost....the boost fooler will keep the computer happy. 04.5+ trucks have electronic wastegates.
Old 03-05-2007, 11:55 AM

I am admitted Diesel Dense, I know enough mechanics to know when something is wrong, so with that said, it sounds like I need some serious know how to install these components. Or can you use the Trucks (TV Show) difficulty meter of 1 -10, 10 being the hardest. I have no problem getting dirty trying to make things better. So let me know how hard (you think) it will be and where can I find these items and roughly how much clams am I looking to shell out.

TIA,
Chad
Old 03-05-2007, 05:47 PM

Chadc:

Both a simple installations, I have the Quad Boost Fooler and the Adjustable Elbow.

The Boost Fooler is a small module with two plugs (one male and one female connector), you disconnect the stock MAP plug, install the fooler plug in its location, and then plug the stock connector in the other boost fooler connector

For the elbow you need to remove the intake tubing (from the air filter box to the turbo inlet) and the stock brass elbow will be on the side of the turbo facing your front bumper. Remove the small hose connected to it, unscrew the stock elbow, screw in the adjustable elbow and reconnect the hose.

Pretty easy, both come with instructions

The Elbow can be found on ebay
Old 03-07-2007, 10:00 AM

TXOVAL,
Thanks for the info.

Chad
Old 03-07-2007, 01:23 PM

Can anyone tell me if a boost fooler will help me with the Quad XZT? W ill it help pulling a 5er up a long grade? Will it help keep the egt down when pulling a grade? Also what is a Elite boost fooler for $10? How come the Quad fooler cost so much?
Old 03-07-2007, 01:46 PM

The Quad has a cool green LED.

Link removed by Admin banned site vendor Has a boost fooler too. WHY IS/WAS THIS SITE BANNED?

I have NO CLUE what is different .. They all could be the same.. with the same resister (what ever is in there) that the Elite has. Or NOT.

Customer support and a host of other reasons to get them from who you want...

It would be nice to see some real comparative data and testing on these.
Old 03-07-2007, 02:39 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by AlCorr
Can anyone tell me if a boost fooler will help me with the Quad XZT? W ill it help pulling a 5er up a long grade? Will it help keep the egt down when pulling a grade? Also what is a Elite boost fooler for $10? How come the Quad fooler cost so much?
Quad XZT has a built in boost fooler. you are already boost fooling.
Old 03-07-2007, 02:42 PM
j

let me understand this correctly. if i get an edge ez module, then i have to get a boost fooler also? but if i get say an "xzillaraider" i dont have to cuz it's built in?
Old 03-07-2007, 02:45 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by j
let me understand this correctly. if i get an edge ez module, then i have to get a boost fooler also? but if i get say an "xzillaraider" i dont have to cuz it's built in?
the EZ is supposed to do boost fooling but it doesnt do well. Stack a boost fooler and an EZ.....or buy any Quadzilla box (like an XZT) that has built in boost fooling....plus Quad boxes have more hp.

Quick Reply: Boost Fooler