3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Body Lift Questions????

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2006, 06:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k1...r/IMG_0920.jpg

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k1...r/IMG_0919.jpg

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k1...r/IMG_0917.jpg

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k1...r/IMG_0916.jpg

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k1...r/IMG_0915.jpg

Truck is VERY dirty and thanks to the bushwhackers i had on there i have some NASTY marks on the bed, i plan on getting these fenders after winter (i dont want salt hitting fresh paint) the fenders/bedside im getting are pictures below

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k1...duct_image.jpg

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k1...mmer/image.jpg

And i also have 41" iroks waiting to be mounted to 22" wheels, it will look good when finished
Old 10-06-2006, 06:03 PM

also, i am planning on bending up some sheet metal and installing lights in the gap between my bumper and bed, the black rubber i have in the back is temporary
Old 10-08-2006, 05:08 PM

just installed a body lift on my buddys 03 the past 2 days, let me tell you, alot of work, but it was well worth it. the kit from performance accessories is pretty good. they need to let you know a little more when it comes to what factory hardware to use but other that that it all went good. nfsommer, that is exactly what my truck is gonna look like once i get my stacks and the lift all finished. that is a nice truck. i really like the look of these trucks when they are this big. they is a 1 tone dually in Calgary, Alberta with 49" irocks on it and it looks good. I would like to thanks everyone for the help with my questions. The only problem im gonna have is with the high ram manifold. i need to get some custom studs cut to fit the 3" riser block they include. but it all looks good. thanks for the pics also.
Old 10-08-2006, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by Syndicate
all of the truck I have ever ridden in with a body lift have tons of body roll. they all handled worse than without it.

UnrulyNFS what i ment by "mod" was i would increase the size of the lift. I did read his post I just wasnt clear I guess. I am saying that I would go up to an 8'' or 10'' lift thats made up of good quality parts so the truck works right. No need to get all worked up. Like I said its simply my opinion to stay away from a body lift. They are cheap and ya get what ya pay for in my opinion. A band aid solution.

You saw the word body lift and came in here to preach. You didn't even read throught the entire post to see where he wasn't asking for your negative opinions. You just preached away anyways. And for your info, anytime you take a truck up, you get more roll. Happens with suspension lifts and body lifts both. And all that adds up to is you adjust your driving style. Its simple, you don't drive an 18wheeler like you drive a corvette.
Old 10-08-2006, 07:34 PM
Banned

There's alot better ways to stuff 40" tall tires then a body lift.

This was my fav CTD until D.Wiggs past him up on my all time top 5

Another pic of 40's w/o body lift

This guy in my 3rd pic has 52's and may have a body lift but he could of done 44's w/o it

I wish we could of talked you out of it.....
Old 10-08-2006, 07:59 PM

Hey Dan, is that first pic Camotankers' truck?
Old 10-08-2006, 08:14 PM

i dont understand how that guy doesnt rub? (talking about CAMO'S truck)
Old 10-08-2006, 08:40 PM
Banned

From talking with guys that know camotanker his truck had to be heavily modded to fit that tire and wheel combo. He didn't just stuff 22's and 40's on. DJ Gaston could tell you more but there has some heavily moddification done to get that combo. It does look good but for what you are wanting I say go for it. I have the same lift as camotanker with 20's and 37's and I can get my tires to rub when off-roading. Not that I am rock crawling or anything but I do use my truck to hunt and be in the mountains. I think your truck will look **** good. Yeah your goona have more body roll due to the fact that you are that high up but look how much an 8 - 10" lift is going to run you!!! I have seen a few on the price on one was what my 6" lift cost to be installed along with tires and wheelS!! I can't hack that price...

Does the bodylift come with bumper brackets or did you just leave the rear bumper there because it is a custom bumper(yep just read your sig)?? Looks good though. Can't wait to see pics with the tires and wheels. Just my .02

Shane
Old 10-08-2006, 09:20 PM

from the rear it looks like *#&@ i am going to have to do something, a guy who stopped me at wal-mart gave me some good advice, get some sheet metal bent up to fit in there and run an led across the middle of the gap, not a bad idea
Old 10-08-2006, 09:54 PM
Banned

Go For it. I think the led lights would look good. D. Wiggs has them also.

SHane
Old 10-08-2006, 09:58 PM

Camotankers truck was heavily modified as in cutting the fenders and cab corners. Been there, done that. NOT EASY AT ALL. When I go with wider wheels and wider 40's, I'll have to go back in and trim again. Didn't lop off enough the first time. I also welded in some spacers for a little more clearance. I would do a body lift, but I like my truck setting low on the tires and feeling up the wheel wells. If I decided to go with a bigger tire. I'd definately do a body lift.

Just remember, the bigger the lift, the more wear and tear on driveshafts and stuff. Vibration issues. And its definately easier to break a Ujoint sled pulling when its at a steeper angle. That's why I didn't want the big lift. I put a PA body lift on my old 2nd gen and was absolutely floored by how well designed it was. Had a body lift on my old bronco, wheeled the **** out of it. No problems. I knew someone with a PA body lift on a bronco that got Tboned by a drunk at an intersection flipping the bronco 3 times. Nothing broke on the bodylift.

Now installing it is gonna be a PITA with the intercooler stuff.
Old 10-10-2006, 02:15 AM

thanks again guys. i wish they was a bigger lift than 6" with haveing big drive train problems. the main reason i want to go this route is because i use my truck for work and some areas i work i need a truck with 37-40 rubber to get in or im pack my quad around all the time. and that is a PITA if you ask me. thats y i need just that little bit more. i know there is bigger lifts but i will go with what sems to be a good idea. besides, i know my truck is no corvette. i dont speed very often, so i dont need to go to fast. but thanks again all.
Old 10-10-2006, 10:16 AM

well you have the right suspension i can tell you that, knowones quality comes near bds
Old 10-10-2006, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by nfsommer
well you have the right suspension i can tell you that, knowones quality comes near bds
You are telling me. i had a 4" superlift in it before and removed it because it saged and the ride was rater bad. i got a good deal on an all spring bds so i spent the money and bought it. well, im think the body lift is a comin. thanks again.