3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Bob Wagner and Smarty

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2007, 12:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bob Wagner and Smarty

I just want to let you all know how much Bob Wagner cares about customer service. I emailed him today about a problem (saturday). He responded immediately! I have emailed other aftermarket manufacturers over the weekend and it takes 2-4 days to get a response.

The Smarty is everything I had hoped for. The power is instantaneous and obvious, and my mileage is better. The product is easy to use and the customer service provided by Bob is above and beyond my expectations!

I say this because I am in a sales position and I understand what it means exceed what is expected. I strive to do what it takes to make the end user happy. I have taken a loss to make that happen. I truly believe that Bob Wagner is of the same fold.

Thank you again!!
Old 03-25-2007, 12:32 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I haven't talked to Bob directly because I haven't needed to. But I have heard nothing but good things about him and the Smarty. I am definately a satisfied customer!!
Old 03-25-2007, 09:53 AM

I emailed Bob on Friday about two codes my truck showed after removing
Smarty, still no answer. I guess everyone doesn't get the same service.
Old 03-25-2007, 09:57 AM

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by djbikeman
I just want to let you all know how much Bob Wagner cares about customer service. I emailed him today about a problem (saturday). He responded immediately! I have emailed other aftermarket manufacturers over the weekend and it takes 2-4 days to get a response.

The Smarty is everything I had hoped for. The power is instantaneous and obvious, and my mileage is better. The product is easy to use and the customer service provided by Bob is above and beyond my expectations!

I say this because I am in a sales position and I understand what it means exceed what is expected. I strive to do what it takes to make the end user happy. I have taken a loss to make that happen. I truly believe that Bob Wagner is of the same fold.

Thank you again!!
#1. You can have a great product, and poor customer service. #2.You can have great customer service and a poor product. Which one of the two above business would do better? IMHO #2 would do better. 95% of all successful business , yes I said successful business fall into one of the above catagories.

That leaves only 5% of successful business having a great product and great customer service. I believe Bob Wagner falls into this group.
Old 03-25-2007, 10:01 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Blueboy
I emailed Bob on Friday about two codes my truck showed after removing
Smarty, still no answer. I guess everyone doesn't get the same service.
For code information it's a good idea to post on this forum so we can help you. Probably something that has been seen before.
Also fill out your signature so we know about the vehicle and mod's you have done.

MikeyB
Old 03-25-2007, 10:31 AM

My truck is 05 stock except for Smarty.
codes 0340 no cam signal. 0341 cam Position sensor.
I can clear codes with Smarty, but after driving for five min
codes come back. I asked Bob is there away around this.
I need to take truck in for inspection this week and need to clear
these.
Old 03-25-2007, 11:59 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Blueboy sorry for being tard in my reply. I wanted to run this by Marco to back up my thought.

The codes are not related to smarty, your truck has another issue.

Thanks
Old 03-25-2007, 12:07 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Blueboy
My truck is 05 stock except for Smarty.
codes 0340 no cam signal. 0341 cam Position sensor.
I can clear codes with Smarty, but after driving for five min
codes come back. I asked Bob is there away around this.
I need to take truck in for inspection this week and need to clear
these.
Blueboy,
Crawl up under the truck and locate the A/C compressor. There's a wire harness running across the compressor housing and is know for chaffing. The harness supplies power to the A/C transducer and the cam sensor.
Use flexable wire loom to protect the harness.

MikeyB
Old 03-25-2007, 12:10 PM

I have emailed them on the smarty webpage to ask questions and they respond the same day to my questions. That is a good thing. I have tried to contact other perfromance places and never get a response.
Old 03-25-2007, 01:42 PM

Well while we are on the topic....can I hijack a bit. I replaced my 03 SO engine with a brand new 04 HO engine. I couldn't get it to start with the 04 ecm so I just swapped the ecm's for the 03 SO. Truck started up and works fine. Now that I've finished break in of the engine but I've been getting a constant 0602 Check sum error and a 0700 transmission controller error and a 0720 low rpm at 15mph code.

When the check sum error happens the truck runs like it has a miss and the mileage drops by about 2mpg. You can tell when it happens as the rpm bobbles a bit and the code is set. The tranny code 700 is pretty much always there and the 720 happens when you slow down and the TC doesn't see to disengage until the last second.

I think there may be a difference in one pin on the ECM between early 03 S0 with 48re and early 04 H0. The brandnew 04 engine was never in a truck before mine. ks
Old 03-26-2007, 11:42 AM

abc4yew,
code P0602 does NOT cause any miss, defuelling or mileage dercrease. NOT!

What you're seeing must be related to the other codes your truck is setting.

Marco
Old 03-26-2007, 01:31 PM

Arrrr matey lets keep the pirating hijack going

Marco, The second the 0602 code sets ...the truck starts running rough as though the timing is way off. I changed to the SW 5 today and when the truck downshifted for 4 to 3 I couldn't get it to rev over 2k rpm until I stopped cleared the codes and then it still wouldn't go straight through 2k rpm but hung up there for 10 seconds then off like a flash and all was good. This used to happened on SW1 but only on start up on the first shift from a cold engine start. This time with SW5 it was while driving on the highway and taking an exit. The only difference was when it downshifted it set a 0700, 0720, 0602. When I shifted to SW5 I got no 0700 or 0720 for the first time since the new engine went in...on a full through pass the gears run....did it twice, no codes and I was pretty optomistic... I think the problem is My 03 SO ecm on the O4 HO engine harness. I don't know if you remember but my truck was the odd duck truck that wouldn't load the first version of Smarty because my VIN code .... 250hp 03 SO with 48re was rare. You wrote a special program to cover it and all was awesome....Bob will remember as he overnighted me a spare Smarty with the new program to Maine to get me rolling just in case the original didn't load the new program...it did. This is probably an easy fix if I'd just get my lazy butt up to the engine shop and pick up the 04 ecm and get the dealer to reflash the ecm with the skim code and whatever they need to do to get the ecm to mate with my dash.....I don't want them to match the Vin's as then I wouldn't have an HO starting point but they probably will have to unless there is a way to change the vin in the dash to be an HO. These engine drop ins aren't as slick as they should be. Kerry
Old 03-27-2007, 09:11 AM

decided it was time for sw9 still codes but at least some smoke to dull the agony. ks
Old 03-27-2007, 04:27 PM

If it helps out at all, I get that same code, without any of the other problems your having.

Kevin
Old 03-27-2007, 04:40 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
morkable are you experiencing a loss of power too? Thanks

Quick Reply: Bob Wagner and Smarty