3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Bob/Marco just loaded smarty revo r major problems!

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2008, 05:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I keep listening to it over and over! If you guys could let us know what it is when you figure out the problem and what it is? Would be kinda nice to hear what the problem is.
Old 05-11-2008, 05:52 PM

I know Must have listened to it 20+ times.
Old 05-11-2008, 07:09 PM

When i find out i will share it with you all!
Old 05-11-2008, 08:17 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by W.F.O.
When i find out i will share it with you all!
How much fluctuation are you getting in RP during these conditions. I hear tons of injector rattle as well. My truck sounds like that with my rail sensor unplugged.
Old 05-12-2008, 02:43 AM

W.F.O.

I've just found out that my blackberry no longer receives the E-Mails since Friday, otherwise I would've checked into this during the weekend. I've just sent E-mails to both Justin and Bob.

The vid sounds like a rail pressure problem, not timing. The rail must be staying at max pressure all the time. The "rattling" sound is the injectors, no good!

OK, thus far... Bob has provided me the SW revision # from your truck. That's an 03 / Manual / Fed / HO, right? I've checked the softwares but have found nothing out of normal in them. What's really weird is the fact that the engine runs only on # 6! The stock software is just that stock...(I've checked also the stock software). I guess I'll need more informations than what I know now to dig deeper into it.

Marco
Old 05-12-2008, 05:40 AM

Originally Posted by Marco
W.F.O.

I've just found out that my blackberry no longer receives the E-Mails since Friday, otherwise I would've checked into this during the weekend. I've just sent E-mails to both Justin and Bob.

The vid sounds like a rail pressure problem, not timing. The rail must be staying at max pressure all the time. The "rattling" sound is the injectors, no good!

OK, thus far... Bob has provided me the SW revision # from your truck. That's an 03 / Manual / Fed / HO, right? I've checked the softwares but have found nothing out of normal in them. What's really weird is the fact that the engine runs only on # 6! The stock software is just that stock...(I've checked also the stock software). I guess I'll need more informations than what I know now to dig deeper into it.

Marco

Ok, i guess that you're talking about Justin W. because i didn't have an email from you. Anyway, my cell is 812 620 2685, give me a call and i will tell you anything that i know. Thanks!

Justin Bowling
Old 05-12-2008, 06:12 AM

Edited to maintain peace and stabilization within the region....

Good luck and I trust that Marco will figure it out. He is the brain surgeon of Cummins computers..
Old 05-12-2008, 07:15 AM
Banned

If some of you guys actually want a truck to sound like that then build one!

Intentionally installing a program to make your 3rd gen sound like that is exactly the same thing as a ricer installing a 5" exhaust tip.
Old 05-12-2008, 09:51 AM

I have an 03 with teh revo TNT no problems
Old 05-12-2008, 11:36 AM

Guys, give SmokinDodge12v a break already. Jesse is a good guy, known him for years and he is just concerned with getting WFO's truck running again.

Lets focus on the outcome of the fix for the truck rather than attacking one another.
Old 05-12-2008, 11:39 AM

My truck sounded JUST LIKE THAT......I replaced the rail sensor and harness, and it hasn't done that since. Sounds like it could be a bad connection or bad rail sensor causing the fca too stick open.
Old 05-12-2008, 06:38 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Gents, please use this website for good, not to bash and argue with each other.

WFO... I hope things work out for you.
Old 05-12-2008, 08:29 PM

Come on now! Do some of you guys really wish your trucks idled like that?!?!?! It sounds good when he revs it but that's it! Hope you get it fixed soon.......
Old 05-12-2008, 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by jrussell
If some of you guys actually want a truck to sound like that then build one!

Intentionally installing a program to make your 3rd gen sound like that is exactly the same thing as a ricer installing a 5" exhaust tip.
Never said I wanted my truck to sound like that, just said it sounded cool but defiantly not cool on whatever it's tearing up. I don't think many 12 valves sound like that in the first place about the only thing it's remotely close to is a scheids vp 44 and big lines on a 24 valve. I jguess nowadays you can't even say something sounds cool on here just to lighten the situatuion that somebody's truck is out of service?
Old 05-12-2008, 09:45 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ramtd02
My truck sounded JUST LIKE THAT......I replaced the rail sensor and harness, and it hasn't done that since. Sounds like it could be a bad connection or bad rail sensor causing the fca too stick open.

might be the fix. The ramifier was removed from the truck and it now starts with a P0193 code that will not clear.

Rail pressure voltage too high.

I passed the info to Marco.

Thanks

Hey Man thanks for the post too.

Quick Reply: Bob/Marco just loaded smarty revo r major problems!