3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Big thanks to quad!

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2005, 07:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Big thanks to quad!

So I ordered my race box from DTR on tuesday, wanted it shipped next day so I could install it over thanksgiving. UPS came and went on wednesday, called quad to check shipping, there was a fubar, missing a part that was due in monday and it was marked 2nd day air. The shop was closed wed - sunday for the holidays, scheduled to ship on monday, I was bummed. The woman said she'd try to round up the part if they had one laying around and would get it out that day and take care of the shipping. They got it out wed and I recieved it friday. There was a note in the box that said there was an additional step for the 06 and to call the shop for help. They were closed friday so no go, bummed again. The excitment I had, here it is, with all the parts, but I don't know the last step. After pm's to larry and quad, quad emailed me back with the install instructions and told me if I still had a problem to send him my phone # and he'd call me to help me out! Talk about customer service, I wonder how many of the "compitition" are on the forum to answer questions, when they are actually closed, and willing to call you to help you out on their personal time?

So I got it all hooked up, no codes, alls a go. Take a stock run for the baseline, then on level 1, little tire spin, thats new, nice kick, on to #2, more spin, not much difference in acceleration, ok level #3, back end steps out before bitting, seat of the pants about the same. Back to level #1 to run around, no codes alls fine. The passing power is insane, lots of fun, went looking for someone to pick on but came up empty. Truck runs awesome, but maybe a little too much timing with the rokktech so I may try to back it down a little.

Thanks again for all the help and going beyond the call of duty Quad and Larry! Very happy customer here, love the product, I'll be getting the monitor as soon as its released!

Jeff
Old 11-26-2005, 08:42 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Thats great Jeff, glad things worked out in the end. We were real fortunate to be able to hunt Quad down on his thanksgiving holiday...I have a feeling he will make me pay for that phone call

Alls well that ends well
Old 11-27-2005, 01:00 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That is precisely why I chose to check this website first regarding any performance upgrades!

Now you will need some guages to make sure that you do not have a melt down!

Check my sig for a clue as who to contact.

Rick
Old 11-27-2005, 08:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks larry, ended up not needed the phone call cause quads instructions were so good I was able to figure it out. The 06 is pretty easy install, not as easy as plugging into the old data link but still easy, you just gotta know where to look.

As for gauges, sounds like quads monitor is pretty close so I'm going to hold out on that, thanks for the link though