3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Beta 4.4 Smarty vs. 2.3.Pl Bullydog vs. Diablo Predator RKL

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2007, 11:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We're not dropping the 5.9L by any means. I don't know the specifics on each map in the tuning process. All I know is that we have to deal with what the TSB's give us. There are "many" different files on the downloader, and they are all slightly different. Changes in anything from transmission, to boost regulation can change with every TSB.

The 6.7L isn't that much different than the 5.9L, the more we figure out on the 6.7L the more we get on the 5.9L.
Old 10-15-2007, 01:07 AM
Banned

As Chris said, I first ran the 2.4PL BD tune. It is suppose to be hotter than the 2.4.1. I don't know a lot about it but was told it's the same tune Jerad runs in his truck and if so, I don't know how he pulled off over 1000hp with it, it was very mild to say the least.

I should point out that when I ran the BD I also had it stacked with the MP-8. My best time was 13.4 @ 101mph

From that I ran the smarty by itself and pulled in a 12.6 @ 109mph.

Don't get me wrong.... I'm not dissing the BD but the Smarty beta 4.2 walked all over it as far as seat of the pants TQ, 60ft times and the 1/4 runs. I know I could have got more out of the smarty but, I drove my truck 900 miles to the event and didn't to want to push it too hard. Bottom line... the smarty fuels WAY more then the BD.

Thanks Bob & Marco !! I knew my truck had 12's in it and would have been really disappointed if I couldn't have got it. It's all in the tune Now if the other tweaks can get worked in.... it's gonna be hard to beat !

The dyno was a sad state of affairs ! The wise thing was to NOT have paid the $75 to get incorrect numbers like more people than I care to count did.
Old 10-15-2007, 07:57 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by CReed
Okay guys heres the dirt on these three tunes on the track seeing how we didnt get a chance to jump on the dyno this weekend. Testing was done on 2 different trucks and done until good baseline runs with each were acheived. First with the Bullydog 2.3.Pl with tst on 3/3 truck ran a best of 13.7@102 no low end truck fell on its face and lots of big end as trapped very well rail pressure was acceptable around 25k, this tune will probably dyno with most power in my opinion but were looking for a good tune to race with at this time seeing how we aren't building a dyno queen. Next is diablo sport rkl on non stacker tune with tst 3/3 truck ran a 13.33@101 lots of low end picked up .3 in 60' alone over the Bullydog but rail pressure was getting excessive at 26k-27kpsi. Next comes the best yet Smarty Beta 4.4 without speed limiter truck ran a 13.04 @103 60' was a modest 1.9 compared to the diablo and 1.7s we had been seeing but it went from 8.3-8.4 in the 1/8 to 8.2s with smarty and pulled hard on big end rail pressure was down to a modest 21k more room for tuning just not enough time . We also tried with the new x2 from quadzilla on my truck and was able to get from 13.8 with the Bullydog and x2 to 13.46@102.7 with diablo non stacker rkl and x2 stacker pressure only lots of rail pressure 26k plus to the best yet with the beta 4.4 and x2 stacker pressure only with a 13.309@103 with rail pressure between 24k-25kpsi. Thanks goes out to bob wagner and marco for hooking us up with a killer tune, keep up the good work over their guys.
Looks like one of the BD cheerleaders has swithched teams!

Originally Posted by cranked_dodge
Why did you not try the new 2.4.1 C/L from Bullydog it has no speed limiter and in my opinion pulls harder than the smarty.

Aaron
It doesn't pull harder, it just feels that way. I tested 2.4.1 against 4.4 (there's a thread around here somewhere) and 4.4 was significantly faster at the track even though CL felt faster on the street.

The problem with the bullydog isnt the big end or mid range, its low end trucks just fall on their face with it and its inconsistent with spooling the turbo.
That's what I noticed as well. My 60' times were outright embarrassing with the BD.

Originally Posted by CButler610
CReed,

Are you guys running with low-end power enabled?? I simply can't understand this low end power issue with Bully Dog. I could understand anything else but this. Mine is ALL low-end power once the turbo spools. I could use a little more on the top perhaps, if anything. Perhaps the TST with the 'early'' twins program is something you guys want to try.??

How is the smoke with the Bully Dog when it falls flat on its face as compared to other programming??
What you're feeling is just deceiving. It doesn't matter how many "low end power" options you enable, the low end is still weak. Have you run it at the track and compared the results with another programmer? If you do you'll see what we're saying. The track doesn't lie.
Old 10-15-2007, 09:34 AM
Banned

What can I say we run what works and the smarty is doing just that. If something better comes out we have all these programers laying around and will not hesitat to use what works, but right now bob and marco are ahead of the game. Diablo had a few techs. at the event and they are really feeling the heat after I told them what happened.
Old 10-15-2007, 09:45 AM
Banned

What can I say we run what works and the smarty is doing just that. If something better comes out we have all these programers laying around and will not hesitat to use what works, but right now bob and marco are ahead of the game. Diablo had a few techs. at the event and they are really feeling the heat after I told them what happened.
I hear ya.

Nice times BTW!
Old 10-15-2007, 10:20 AM

did you stack the 4.4 with the tst on ur truck?
Old 10-15-2007, 10:30 AM
Banned

Nope doesnt work on 07 only early 06 which is what justins truck is. My truck is at its limits. Justins truck has more in it were going to shoot for 12.8x in a few weeks right before we do his trans so it will be ***** to the walls on a friday night going for broke and doing trans on a saturday. I ran the Beta 4.4sl sw #9 with x2 stacker pressure only on level 5. His tst was on 3/3 with beta 4.4 on sw #9 and no pressure with tst so more tuning to be done with his truck in weeks to come.
Old 10-15-2007, 12:17 PM

how did you get the beta 4.4 any was
Old 10-15-2007, 01:06 PM
Banned

Told bob we were wanting to do some comparisions this weekend and what better time to do it then at diesel nationals and he was more then willing to convert me from previous dealers products to a believer in theirs.
Old 10-15-2007, 01:19 PM

thats cools that he made you a believer is ur truck still stock. am still lokking for something to stack with my diablo at the track. been waiting for quadzilla not to be so busy, so i can talk to them about the new x2. seams to me that the x2 stacked great with the predator.
Old 10-15-2007, 01:32 PM
Banned

Yep they both woke my truck up and yes it is still stock. It might be on speed televisions event coverage footage so im going to watch closely a couple other members were also filmed, we shall see who makes the cut. Justin at quad is who i have been dealing with and got to meet him face to face yesterday at the races. Great guy give em a call they will fix you up for sure.
Old 10-15-2007, 01:56 PM

justin who. does he drive a lbz dmaxs if so that my hook up at quad too he is from gunison and we are good friends. what does the x2 come with. do u just have a box with a toggle switch or do u have xzt hoked up to it.
Old 10-15-2007, 02:13 PM
tcr

Yep they both woke my truck up and yes it is still stock. It might be on speed televisions event coverage footage so im going to watch closely a couple other members were also filmed, we shall see who makes the cut. Justin at quad is who i have been dealing with and got to meet him face to face yesterday at the races. Great guy give em a call they will fix you up for sure.
Chris, How was the stackable Quad box working w/ the beta 4.4 SL? Could you tell as you were adding pressure w/ the Quad box? Good improvements in power?
Old 10-15-2007, 05:05 PM

was the predator rkl the puffer toon or not i know on my truck the puffer toon pulls alot harder on the bottom end
Old 10-15-2007, 05:06 PM

you cant get the puffer tunes for the 06-07 its just rkl non stacker

Quick Reply: Beta 4.4 Smarty vs. 2.3.Pl Bullydog vs. Diablo Predator RKL