3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Beta 4.4 Dyno results

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2007, 01:09 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tcr
Torque Beast, Will you or have you already posted your #s for 5,7 and #9?
Thanks!
It's in the original post of this thread.
Old 07-22-2007, 01:13 PM
tcr

Thanks!! My bad.
Old 07-22-2007, 01:48 PM

will going higher in the sw#'s create more timing rattle? and how much timing rattle is acceptable? if i were to experience higher timing rattle, should i just use the even #'s? is timing rattle damaging? or safe to a certain degree?

darren
Old 07-22-2007, 01:52 PM
Banned

I get some timing rattle on sw#9 but not a lot!!
Old 07-22-2007, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by Luvnacumns
I get some timing rattle on sw#9 but not a lot!!

is it ok to have it for normal, everyday use?
Old 07-22-2007, 02:34 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by darrenb
is it ok to have it for normal, everyday use?
From what I've heard timing rattle is normal with the higher numbers.. Mine only does it when it's cold out.. or the truck has sat for a couple of days !
Old 07-22-2007, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by tcr
Torque Beast, Will you or have you already posted your #s for 5,7 and #9?
Thanks!
I think I put the highest hp and the highest tq on there so here is both.

#5 470.75 hp----910.65 tq

#7 465.54 hp----912.41 tq

#9 473.50 hp----893.54 tq
Old 07-22-2007, 10:21 PM

From what I've heard timing rattle is normal with the higher numbers.. Mine only does it when it's cold out.. or the truck has sat for a couple of days !
Shane, you dont happen to have some white smoke on start up do you? Timing rattle should theoretically occur whether or not the motor is cold. When I first got the Smarty, the "timing" rattle was horrible when cold. Then I found out I actually had two bad injectors. After getting them replaced, the timing rattle was much less pronounced.
Just something you might want to keep an eye on.
Old 07-23-2007, 05:11 AM

ok, so i made the switch and uploaded from sw3 to sw5 because the majority feels sw5 is best all around tune. in my honest opinion, it feels the same as sw3 with maybe just a bit more smoke....and maybe a little bit hotter...lower mpg's......maybe.....but not a big deal. i guess these tunes are too close to feel any difference by SOTP....maybe, just maybe, the sw5 power comes on sooner.....i think i prefer sw3 in my truck....too soon to tell though.

earlier i mentioned that this is probably more power than i will ever need, and that is true. truck wants to go sideways when pushed in 3rd,4th or even 5th.

power still feels scary as to where i do not feel completely comfortable with it yet...BUT...i know i will get over it eventually and become accustomed to the additional power as if it were stock.....and when that happens, what would be the next step? maybe an mp-8?

i was really hoping the smarty would be my sole, satisfying power enhacner without having to stack other products and continuously fine tune it all.......and it is currently suiting me just fine. but when i grow out of it what are my options?

do you think the future of the smarty has even higher hp/tq numbers? or are they squeezing everything out of it with the beta stuff? i eventually want a 500-600 hp reliable daily driver with lots of miles in it. going by dyno numbers provided, i'm prolly well into the 400+hp range. can i rely on software to get me there or should i start looking into hardware upgrades?i have no problem changing out hardware as long as it does not affect driveability and reliability.

do not get me wrong. i am completely impressed by the smarty beta numbers in my stock form. it makes me really respect my truck power-wise as i am not completely at home with it yet. but in the near future, i do plan to add some HEAVY 22.5's which will rob some power and i just want to make sure i have enough power left over to still have alot of fun with the new wheel package.

keep in mind that i am currently sold and satisfied on the smarty and what it has to offer. from the smooth, strong power to the superior customer service. i know there is a lot of speculation on the upcoming VA c5 unit. but i think i will stick with the smarty and build on it. i think it would be very interesting to see what MADS has planned for the future.

darren
Old 07-23-2007, 05:15 AM

X2 on that!
Old 07-23-2007, 06:31 AM
wap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Darren, the next step should probably be some supporting mods, ie clutch, fuel pump and turbo. I ran a tst mp8 on factory clutch and turbo but I couldnt take full advantage of the fuel I had on tap.
Old 07-23-2007, 07:09 AM

wap, will the mp-8 add more power or just make what i already have more efficient?

i don't think i will be increasing output anytime soon, but just looking ahead....

do you still think the con ofe is the clutch for my needs? 5-600 hp, daily driver, unloaded? waht other mods do i need to achieve this?

and while were on the subject, what turbo should i be looking at as well? not interested in twins at the moment.

just trying to figure out my options now that i have a solid foundation.
Old 07-23-2007, 08:39 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by JThiessen
Shane, you dont happen to have some white smoke on start up do you? Timing rattle should theoretically occur whether or not the motor is cold. When I first got the Smarty, the "timing" rattle was horrible when cold. Then I found out I actually had two bad injectors. After getting them replaced, the timing rattle was much less pronounced.
Just something you might want to keep an eye on.
Nope no white smoke...
Old 07-23-2007, 09:59 AM
wap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by darrenb
wap, will the mp-8 add more power or just make what i already have more efficient?

i don't think i will be increasing output anytime soon, but just looking ahead....

do you still think the con ofe is the clutch for my needs? 5-600 hp, daily driver, unloaded? waht other mods do i need to achieve this?

and while were on the subject, what turbo should i be looking at as well? not interested in twins at the moment.

just trying to figure out my options now that i have a solid foundation.

The mp8 will do both.
500hp is the absolute limit of an OFE IMO, if you want more just go ahead and get a DD and be done with it. I almost got an OFE but I am glad I spent th extra coin now.

Other SUPPORTING mods you will need, are turbo and fuel pump, and head studs wouldnt be a bad idea either.

Anything from a 62/14-66/14 would work for you as far as turbos go. It just depends on your driving style and what you want to do in the end. If 500 is all you want a 62 may be all you need, if you are gettin closer to 600 I would do at least a silver 64, or maybe get a 66 of your choice.

For my driving style and my truck I wouldnt want anything smaller than what I have.
Old 07-23-2007, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by wap
The mp8 will do both.
500hp is the absolute limit of an OFE IMO, if you want more just go ahead and get a DD and be done with it. I almost got an OFE but I am glad I spent th extra coin now.

Other SUPPORTING mods you will need, are turbo and fuel pump, and head studs wouldnt be a bad idea either.

Anything from a 62/14-66/14 would work for you as far as turbos go. It just depends on your driving style and what you want to do in the end. If 500 is all you want a 62 may be all you need, if you are gettin closer to 600 I would do at least a silver 64, or maybe get a 66 of your choice.

For my driving style and my truck I wouldnt want anything smaller than what I have.
I have an OFE, and I'm probably somewhere close to 600 hp. Have yet to slip the clutch under any conditions. If you already have the clutch, don't worry about anything, but if you'll be purchasing a new one - get the dual disk and be done with it.

Quick Reply: Beta 4.4 Dyno results