3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Beta 4.4 Dyno results

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 08:36 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
The 36 series is for the 2003-2006 S06 smarty and the 47 series is the 2004-2007 S06 smarty

The 04-05-06 softwares in each series is basically the same. No performance difference.

I hope this helps
Old 07-19-2007, 08:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bob Wagner
The 36 series is for the 2003-2006 S06 smarty and the 47 series is the 2004-2007 S06 smarty

The 04-05-06 softwares in each series is basically the same. No performance difference.

I hope this helps
Thanks Bob.
So on the corner of my case, it says "Loaded SW: 2003-06", so that means I should be using the 36 36 series, correct. Or does it matter? The Beta 4.4 you sent me was a 47 series.

Now its just a matter of trying the different SW's, correct? Or has there been any good comparisons posted somewhere? I went through 2 pages of search on here - taking too long! Wife is about to kick me and the laptop off the table!
Old 07-19-2007, 09:25 PM
Banned

with the beta, from what ive been reading it it basically the same power no matter what level. someone made max hp on 5, which was what i was running! no wonder it ate my tranny up so fast

brett
Old 07-19-2007, 09:50 PM

Smarty 4.4

Bob I just towed 17K + with the 4.4 got 11.2 and 11.5 1800 miles sw3 got alittle hot on a big climb smokes more then I like but pulles like crazy. I have a built trans and and an HTT 62-13 SS turbo around 36 psi max is were the waste gate is set for now do I need to go back to the old software? or am I fine.
Old 07-20-2007, 01:26 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by rustyshakelford
with the beta, from what ive been reading it it basically the same power no matter what level. someone made max hp on 5, which was what i was running! no wonder it ate my tranny up so fast

brett
mine seems to pull harder on the top on #5, than on #9. i dont have a fp gauge, i can just about garauntee that im draining the rail... im sure wonce my pumps upgraded this will no longer be the case...
Old 07-20-2007, 10:47 PM

Does anyone have numbers for the beta 4.4 on SW#1 vs. SW#5? Is there much of a difference?

Second question: I was running 4.4, but went back to the normal moderate program. Well, I'm having my HTT 62/13ss installed this week and was wondering what you guys think. Go back to the beta 4.4 for the new turbo or the normal after market turbo program?

Thx,

Sid
Old 07-20-2007, 11:06 PM

Why are you specifically concerned with 1 vs 5? Based on the first post, 1 is putting down about 150'ish.
I dont believe, based on what I've read, and what I saw, that the concern would be with anything but the drive train.
Of course, Bob could actually tell us, but I'm not certain he knows, since he hasnt really given much background info or reasoning.
Old 07-21-2007, 05:17 AM

Does anyone have numbers for the beta 4.4 on SW#1 vs. SW#5? Is there much of a difference?
All the info is in the first post. All of the power settings on that particular truck were within a 20 hp variance. If your truck is set up the same, you probably aren't too far off those numbers.
Old 07-21-2007, 02:54 PM

haha! i got my 4.4 yesterday and all i can say is the truck is so much stonger and yet very smooth. egt's were VERY manageable as i never got hotter than 1200 ......stayed mostly between 600-1100 even on the WOT runs...easily and quickly hit over 40psi and now i know what guys mean when they say their truck is "deceptively" fast.....hit over 90 and it didn't even feel like it...very smooth! is the speed limiter removed with this program? what is the stock speed limiter at anyway?

darren
Old 07-21-2007, 03:18 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by darrenb
haha! i got my 4.4 yesterday and all i can say is the truck is so much stonger and yet very smooth. egt's were VERY manageable as i never got hotter than 1200 ......stayed mostly between 600-1100 even on the WOT runs...easily and quickly hit over 40psi and now i know what guys mean when they say their truck is "deceptively" fast.....hit over 90 and it didn't even feel like it...very smooth! is the speed limiter removed with this program? what is the stock speed limiter at anyway?

darren
HAHA... By bye clutch!!!! Glad you liked it!!!
Old 07-21-2007, 03:57 PM

So how exactly do you get this beta version... im tired of driving around with the original sw... lol
Old 07-21-2007, 09:44 PM

I put the beta 4.4 sw#9 on my truck today at the AZ dyno day, and put down 388 hp, and 822 tq, and those were the best numbers and thats with the water injection shut off. It hardly even smoked during the pulls. I am dumping the software for a different version.
Old 07-22-2007, 06:35 AM

been running on beta 4.4 sw3 ever since i got the smarty. it is probably more power than i ever will need. no sled pulls, drags and such out here just highway and city cruising....unloaded. can't get over the power and smoothness of the thing(egt's are also very manageable--- 80mph on cruise @ 20psi and 800 degress in 6th gear-a/c on). drives just like stock but a bit stronger until you ask for it. then BANG!! truck really comes alive!!!!

i hate to admit it but i threw alot of parts into my 01 7.3 and with just this downloader i am over and beyond what the ford could make in power. but the smoothness is what makes it even more amazing......you lose no driveability....unless you grab 3rd, stomp it, and go sideways!!!! but with common sense and moderation this is an easy to handle program....... plus hitting +40psi boost effortlessly sounds so sweet!

i've installed sw3 in hopes to save my clutch but after talking to my seller, even sw3 can burn a clutch up. if all the sw's, 1-9, are almost similar, what are the differences if any? is it 20hp increments as someone mentioned earlier? i.e. sw5 will give me roughly 20 more hp than the sw3? would egt's climb faster in the higher settings? more smoke? i most likely will switch up to sw5 because most say that is where the truck runs best........hard to believe it can get better than where i am now.

do you think this is probably the most a downloader can squeeze out of an engine? or is there more to be had? only reason i am asking is because if i wanted more power in the future, would i have to start stacking products? or go to a va c5 type of deal?

one thing that kinda irks me honestly is the actual uploading time. i had an sct with dp tuner programs for my 7.3 and it would upload and be ready to drive in like 2 minutes....on the other hand, with my smarty, it takes well over 7 minutes!! i know there is a lot of info that's being transferred, but is there any way to speed this process up.....it also seemed to load up a little quicker on a friend's truck as well....hmmmm???

overall, i am very impressed with this mod to say the least. next, on the agenda is gonna be obviously a clutch(not until the stock gives out), an exhaust brake, and a gdp complete fuel system w/ some sort of cp3 upgrade. but as the truck stands right now, it's perefect! and it is still kinda scary power-wise.....is there anything better than this? it's kinda hard to believe there would be anything better........

the MADS team really did a great job!!!
darren
Old 07-22-2007, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by darrenb
been running on beta 4.4 sw3 ever since i got the smarty. it is probably more power than i ever will need. no sled pulls, drags and such out here just highway and city cruising....unloaded. can't get over the power and smoothness of the thing(egt's are also very manageable--- 80mph on cruise @ 20psi and 800 degress in 6th gear-a/c on). drives just like stock but a bit stronger until you ask for it. then BANG!! truck really comes alive!!!!

i hate to admit it but i threw alot of parts into my 01 7.3 and with just this downloader i am over and beyond what the ford could make in power. but the smoothness is what makes it even more amazing......you lose no driveability....unless you grab 3rd, stomp it, and go sideways!!!! but with common sense and moderation this is an easy to handle program....... plus hitting +40psi boost effortlessly sounds so sweet!

i've installed sw3 in hopes to save my clutch but after talking to my seller, even sw3 can burn a clutch up. if all the sw's, 1-9, are almost similar, what are the differences if any? is it 20hp increments as someone mentioned earlier? i.e. sw5 will give me roughly 20 more hp than the sw3? would egt's climb faster in the higher settings? more smoke? i most likely will switch up to sw5 because most say that is where the truck runs best........hard to believe it can get better than where i am now.

do you think this is probably the most a downloader can squeeze out of an engine? or is there more to be had? only reason i am asking is because if i wanted more power in the future, would i have to start stacking products? or go to a va c5 type of deal?

one thing that kinda irks me honestly is the actual uploading time. i had an sct with dp tuner programs for my 7.3 and it would upload and be ready to drive in like 2 minutes....on the other hand, with my smarty, it takes well over 7 minutes!! i know there is a lot of info that's being transferred, but is there any way to speed this process up.....it also seemed to load up a little quicker on a friend's truck as well....hmmmm???

overall, i am very impressed with this mod to say the least. next, on the agenda is gonna be obviously a clutch(not until the stock gives out), an exhaust brake, and a gdp complete fuel system w/ some sort of cp3 upgrade. but as the truck stands right now, it's perefect! and it is still kinda scary power-wise.....is there anything better than this? it's kinda hard to believe there would be anything better........

the MADS team really did a great job!!!
darren

#1 will take out your clutch if you drive it hard. It put down 455hp 901tq on mine. As for 3,5,7,9 they are fairly close in numbers. For example #3 had about 2 more hp than #5 but had 30 less tq. #7 had 5 less hp than #5 but had 2 more tq. So #5 just had the best combination of hp and tq. As far as mileage goes I have not tried #1 but have checked 3,5,7,9 and all are pretty close. The worse I've got is on #9 doing 75-78mph and hand calculated to 19.23mpg and if I slow down I get in the low 20's. My last trip to pa and back with all hand calculated tanks I averaged 19.88mpg for the whole trip up and back which I thought was pretty good for the speed I drove and the tires I have on now.

As for the downloading time, these ecms are a lot more complex than the one on your 7.3 ford. There is a lot more information being transfered, that's just the way it is for now. Hopefully something can be done to speed it up but I guess we will see.
Old 07-22-2007, 01:06 PM
tcr

Torque Beast, Will you or have you already posted your #s for 5,7 and #9?
Thanks!

Quick Reply: Beta 4.4 Dyno results