3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Beta 4.4 Dyno results

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2007, 09:56 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Man ya'll hit it on the nail! I think some ppl need to do some more reading about these trucks. They take time to get right. Diesels are very hard to tune, and I give the utmost respect and trust to Bob and Marco because they are going to make it even better. I think they need to take their time.
Old 07-16-2007, 09:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dodgezilla04
when i received each of the beta versions, i was only asked NOT to give it out. Never once was i asked not to say anything negative or keep any secrets to myself. The only issue i had with a beta, is I blew out a freeze plug while testing it, but that was only a coincidence, the plug was ready before I started this.

If you're irritated that you didnt get a copy, smarty bashing isnt the way to get one.
wierd coincedence that I blew out my freeze plug during my initial testing session too! Thanks for helping me get it fixed dodgezilla
Old 07-16-2007, 10:06 AM
Banned

i'm glad the plate template worked out for you.

i dont think the beta popped my plug, i think it was my eagerness to try it out. I did not allow it ample time to fully warm up before i matted the pedal. my dumb fault.
Old 07-16-2007, 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by Dodgezilla
I think the beta testers may be allowed to let a little good info out just to tease you guys. The bad info does not need to be released, and these testers are probably sworn to secrecy, because those problems will be fixed before releasing it to the public so why let it out now and turn people away from it.....
I was sent 4.4 and 4.2. Bob asked me to run both and post the results. He didn't mention anything about what not to post. If we didn't post what we liked or didn't it would be a waste of time. There is a lot of good info on several sites about the new beta soft wares.
Old 07-16-2007, 10:44 AM
Banned

^^^^exactly. the consiracy theory that was attempted earlier is completely incorrect.
Old 07-16-2007, 11:48 AM
wap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by dodgezilla04
^^^^exactly. the consiracy theory that was attempted earlier is completely incorrect.
Xs 2.........
Old 07-16-2007, 03:03 PM

x's 3!!!!!!!

By the way, I also asked Bob when I got the software if I could post results and he said feel free to do so. No secrets here, just sharing knowledge. As a matter of fact, one example is the current versions for smarty. Everyone knows they produce a lot of smoke. Some people like it and some don't so how do you post that--good result or bad result? Bob has always been upfront with me and I'm sure others will agree. I'm sure other companys would probably sweep the bad results under the rug but like was said by others above--the only thing we can't do is give the software to anyone else. The more feedback Bob and Marco get (bad or good), the better the software will be.
Old 07-16-2007, 04:06 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by jrussell
Have you read through this thread closely?

The whole point of this thread is to warn people with stock trannies and clutches that the beta versions are not safe for them to run on the lower levels. Levels 1, 3, and 5 are putting down almost the same power as level 9. If you still have a stock clutch then the beta versions would just toast it anyway.

exactly! Thank you.
Old 07-16-2007, 05:22 PM
WAM

Well, I gotta say I'm kinda bummed. The power on 4.4SW3 was incredible. Now that I know it's too much for my stock heavy hauler, I'll do the right thing and install the earlier toned down software. But I'm going to miss the heavy hit. Fortunately, I've been careful with it and my stock tranny and clutch are still intact. My gross combined ranges between 18k and 21k-lbs so I imagine my drivetrain would not have been long for this world if I had stayed with the 475 bhp.

But I'm goin to miss it. -- Bill
Old 07-16-2007, 07:48 PM

I have the new beta program and im am more than happy with it.....the old software would send my egt's through the roof but the new software(beta 4.4) won't build my egt's as quickly so i can keep on the gas intill i want to......i guess that is why i think the new software is more powerful becuase i can stay on the pedel longer than the old software which i would have to let off(1600 degrees) becuase of egt's..........I also agree with the above post about not sharing the softwares if every body had one and there was a big problem with the software then someone would have a rather large repair bill!
I would also like to thank bob for being so helpfull in solve problems with my trucks......
anyways thats my two cents....
Thanks
Justin
Old 07-16-2007, 08:42 PM

im running the 4.4 with flux 3s flooritdiesels stage 2 pump and a super b special and the only time my egts went to 1600 were pulling a sled a few weeks ago most of the time my cruise egts are 600-800 on any level and i have made 50 lbs of boost on sw 5 but the egts were 1150 the truck idles great and the only codes i've had are high rail pressure codes since the injectors and mod pump
Old 07-17-2007, 10:06 PM
Banned

Dynoing saturday any request i'm going to see if ican get 4.2 and 4.3 to try as well
Old 07-18-2007, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by bluechrome
Dynoing saturday any request i'm going to see if ican get 4.2 and 4.3 to try as well
I'm curious to see what the 4.4 does with your turbo on #'s 5,7,& 9
Old 07-18-2007, 06:51 PM

the way that I see it is when somebody sends me something and asks me not to give it out, I dont. I was impatient but didnt say much and bob sent me the 4.4. he was nice and I like the smarty so I dont cut on it. same way with other companies I have bought stuff from. I had a few guys asking me how to get the beta program and I told them to talk to Bob. I gave him my word that I wouldnt give it away
Old 07-19-2007, 08:15 PM

So is there anyplace that better desribes the different programs you can download?
I'm looking them over right now, and for my basically stock 06 5.9, there are two different downloads for each "stock", "mild", and "moderate" torque managment. One is a 36 series, and one a 47 series.

One of my few complaints about the Smarty is the somewhat lack of information on it, expecially on their website.

I think I'm going with the 47 series mild tq managment......but I'm still uncertain what the difference between the three is going to be.

Quick Reply: Beta 4.4 Dyno results