3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Beta 4.4 Dyno results

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2007, 03:16 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by darrenb
relax...i just wanted to know if they had a projected release date..and i do know how to drive boosted around a stock clutch.....some of you guys are too serious.... but if the tables were turned you would be askin the same questions i am.......i know there's at least a couple of guys running beta completely stock! just trying to gain info that's all.
Hey I'm relaxed, thank you for the concern though.

Just read Bob's post in this thread and the other one. The guys running beta stock were asked to go back to a regular published program. With a stock truck, why would you want the program after knowing that? I don't get it.

If you're looking to tear up a clutch this afternoon, Smarty Wild on #9 will take care of that for ya!
Old 07-15-2007, 03:35 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 973604x4
pardon my ignorance, but why is this such a big deal?

Robert aka TexasCTD has been dynoing time after time right at 466-467hp for months on a stock truck with a Smarty on #9.

He is right. I did dyno 466 and 467 respectively on 2 different dynojet dyno's a couple of months apart........with the old Smarty version on level 9. I still run it today. I love it. No other power adders...just air and exhaust.

I thought the new Beta versions were going to add up to like 250 hp or something? Some others have made comments about the new version being smoother, better for towing, better mileage.........and that may all be true. I just thought that max power would be a significantly higher than mine with older Smarty version.

FWIW....My truck dyno'd 280hp bone factory stock on a dynojet. And 397 on level 5 with my Smarty. I never take it off of level 9 now...even with my stock transmission and towing heavy. So far the trans is holding up, but my tranny builder's number is in my cell phone...and funds are being saved for a tranny rebuild.....because I want it...not NEED it.
Old 07-16-2007, 03:34 AM

Originally Posted by jrussell
Hey I'm relaxed, thank you for the concern though.

Just read Bob's post in this thread and the other one. The guys running beta stock were asked to go back to a regular published program. With a stock truck, why would you want the program after knowing that? I don't get it.

If you're looking to tear up a clutch this afternoon, Smarty Wild on #9 will take care of that for ya!

well if the betas are having problems why aren't they mentioning it? all we hear is how good and how smooth etc., etc. but if there is problems that need to be addressed why don't we hear about it? if we knew, we wouldn't mind being more patient.........

and c'mon now, anyone who starts addding power no matter how setup they think they are for it, even has a chance to blow something up. if beta's were too dangerous for the bone stock crowd, how did a few bone stocker's get it? marco must've thought it would be ok with moderation and common sense i'm sure.

i'm pretty sure most of the guys with the new software did not need to pass an extensive interview or rig certification to get these programs..i think most just asked and were lucky enough to receive them...then again, i could be wrong.......but i know some just asked........

most of us understand the risks of power enhancers... i know i do. but again, i was just wondering if they had a target release date.......i don't mind waiting.......just wanna know how long? long enough for me to save for a clutch....too long as where i should try other products......or very soon and don't waste my money on other things..........!!!!
geez!

darren
Old 07-16-2007, 04:23 AM

I think the beta testers may be allowed to let a little good info out just to tease you guys. The bad info does not need to be released, and these testers are probably sworn to secrecy, because those problems will be fixed before releasing it to the public so why let it out now and turn people away from it.....
Old 07-16-2007, 05:08 AM

zilla, i kinda figure that would be the case. i was a beta tester under some strict non-disclosure rules and such in the past. just trying to stir the pot i guess. someone earlier mentioned maybe sept or oct release...how true do you think that is? regardless, i'm gonna order one this week. even if it's not the holy grail 4.XX version..........but at least i'll know i'm on the right path!!! no hard feelings huh guys?

would adding a prxb decrease/increase power output? or not affect it at all? after smarty, i plan on doing the exhaust brake.........wondering how it will affect performance.....if at all?????

db
Old 07-16-2007, 06:11 AM

I haven't seen much mileage increase with 4.4, but my tranny shifts are super smooth and smoke is much less while daily driving. Although I don't have anything to compare to I went to the local 1/8 mile strip a few weeks ago and ran a 8.7 @ 83.9. that was after backing out of it when all the tires broke loose and then getting back on it. Thought that was pretty good for an 8300 lb truck. Smarty was on #9 and the smoke was HUGE on launch.
Old 07-16-2007, 06:40 AM
Banned

it tore threw my tranny quick. i had no idea #5 was as powerful as it was and used it just like any other program until my tc developed a shudder on acceleration! oh well. i went back to the old programs and am patiently waiting to the new software to have better tm levels...

im sick of driving a stock truck it stinks!!

brett
Old 07-16-2007, 06:47 AM
wap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No complaints here. 4.2 takes some gettin used to and when in nuetral the rpms will hang a little. Even though I have been DDing it for a while I need to switch back to 4.4, it is much nicer to drive and takes less attention to drive it, if that makes any sense.

But my truck isnt exactly stock and with the 6spd it should make some differance on how it drives, ie, I shift the truck not the programmer so the less things it alters the less of a chance that I wont like what it is doin.
Old 07-16-2007, 07:02 AM

IMO there is not any real problems with the 4.4. The only thing is you jump from stock to 455hp on #1 and then 3-9 are pretty close in hp #'s. It is just too much power for stock trucks unless you take it easy. As for the actual program it is very nice and will be worth the wait. Not sure what all will be changed but I'm sure it will be fine tune to allow more graduall increases in power for everyone to use. If that's the case, it shouldn't take long. To me that's not a problem but just another step closer to getting the software released.
Old 07-16-2007, 07:12 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Hmmm, maybe I need to reload 4.4 and set to level 1.

MikeyB
Old 07-16-2007, 07:46 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by darrenb
well if the betas are having problems why aren't they mentioning it? all we hear is how good and how smooth etc., etc. but if there is problems that need to be addressed why don't we hear about it? if we knew, we wouldn't mind being more patient.........

and c'mon now, anyone who starts addding power no matter how setup they think they are for it, even has a chance to blow something up. if beta's were too dangerous for the bone stock crowd, how did a few bone stocker's get it? marco must've thought it would be ok with moderation and common sense i'm sure.

i'm pretty sure most of the guys with the new software did not need to pass an extensive interview or rig certification to get these programs..i think most just asked and were lucky enough to receive them...then again, i could be wrong.......but i know some just asked........

most of us understand the risks of power enhancers... i know i do. but again, i was just wondering if they had a target release date.......i don't mind waiting.......just wanna know how long? long enough for me to save for a clutch....too long as where i should try other products......or very soon and don't waste my money on other things..........!!!!
geez!

darren
Wow man, you're just not getting it.

Don't be so consumed with the release date. It will be released when it's ready.
Old 07-16-2007, 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by jrussell

Don't be so consumed with the release date. It will be released when it's ready.

....but that's all i wanted to know......
with every other guy testing the beta, if they were any closer to publishing date.
Old 07-16-2007, 09:10 AM

The issue is that the published SW programs have a linear jump in performance between 1 and 9. OBVIOUSLY if you are making 455hp on SW1 versus 300hp stock....then there is fueling plus TIMING being utilized in this software. Bob and Marco don't want to damage anyone's truck so they are being prudent in offering a warning for stock trucks who were doing testing. When you are getting great results from the testers the difficulty is to get SW1 back to a lower power level and still have all the benefits of the smoothness we all notice. I used to spend most of my time on sw1 because it gave the best mileage and the lowest amount of performance that i could stand to drive around with....I'm running constantly on sw3 Beta 4.4 after running it on 7 and 9 because I'm towing alot and 3 is controllable for towing when you use a good amount of common sense. Marco is not know for quick updates....but thoroughly evaluated totally bug free softwares. Beta testing has been fun but when the final softwares come out they will be perfectly linear in performance gains between sw versions and hopefully the Wild SW9 will over close to 250hp on its own to trucks that are appropriately modified.
Waiting till something breaks before you fix it when you are running sw9 every day is way more expensive than doing it at the first possible opportunity. Forget the alligator skin pedal covers and 10,000 watt stereo and get your tranny upgraded including a billet input and modded flexplate first.
Old 07-16-2007, 09:46 AM
Banned

when i received each of the beta versions, i was only asked NOT to give it out. Never once was i asked not to say anything negative or keep any secrets to myself. The only issue i had with a beta, is I blew out a freeze plug while testing it, but that was only a coincidence, the plug was ready before I started this.

If you're irritated that you didnt get a copy, smarty bashing isnt the way to get one.
Old 07-16-2007, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by Dodgezilla
I think the beta testers may be allowed to let a little good info out just to tease you guys. The bad info does not need to be released, and these testers are probably sworn to secrecy, because those problems will be fixed before releasing it to the public so why let it out now and turn people away from it.....

sworn to secrecy, lol. I didn't even ask for the program, I guess bob thought it would be good for me. I don't think the beta makes any more power than my old wild programming. The power comes on much smoother, mileage seems to be about the same, but the biggest factor for me was that smoke was much much less than before. This is a much more drivable program and other than seeing 22000+ rail pressure while cruising at 70mph, I have no doubt that I'll be keeping this setup.

Quick Reply: Beta 4.4 Dyno results