3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Beta 4.4 Dyno results

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2007, 11:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
maybe the older versions are still good, but didn't they have rattling issues and lower mpg's??? lower power as well? i remember reading here somewhere that these new beta programs were a new approach and would be the base for newer tunes(not exactly word for word, but along those lines)....so in a way the stock smarty is old technology.....in other words me and prolly a bucnch of other guys have "smarty envy". we just want what we can't have...yet.
Old 07-15-2007, 11:16 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by darrenb
maybe the older versions are still good, but didn't they have rattling issues and lower mpg's??? lower power as well? i remember reading here somewhere that these new beta programs were a new approach and would be the base for newer tunes(not exactly word for word, but along those lines)....so in a way the stock smarty is old technology.....in other words me and prolly a bucnch of other guys have "smarty envy". we just want what we can't have...yet.
Think of it like this instead...

The new programs just have less rattle, more power, and better MPG. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the current published programs and many people have made good dependable power with them.

The glass is half full, not half empty!
Old 07-15-2007, 11:21 AM
Banned

i went back to the 'old' programs wild versions. i still like it better because i can stack with it(my quad hasnt been sent back to remove the pressure, i'm waiting for something new to develop, shhhhh)

there is nothing wrong or old about the released versions, the beta's are just different.
Old 07-15-2007, 11:25 AM

Less Timing Rattle - Yes
Less Smoke - yes
More Power - I dont believe that is necessarily true. Power is applied differently, however. I believe SW9 on both is about the same.
Better MPG - ?? In my case, just about .5 mpg (thats ONLY 2.7%). Depends on who is talking. Just like any other MPG post IMHO.
Better Towing Manners - yes. Slightly.
Old 07-15-2007, 11:28 AM

i think of it this way.......when others have a full glass, why would i settle for a half glass?

if we all pay the same amount for the same product, we should all be able to enjoy it equally. all future updates are included in the initial purchase right?

i don't even own one yet, but i know i will and i know i'm gonna want the best version available. i don't care if it becomes available to the public next easter. but it would be nice to know at least when it will since it is part of the product/service we pay for.

i tried ordering from the dtr last week, but i can never get anyone besdies a machine......

not trying to be a punk

ON EDIT:
i don't plan on stacking with anything else at all....EVER!so having the best available version is vital to having my truck perform the best it can.
Old 07-15-2007, 11:39 AM
Banned

i think of it this way.......when others have a full glass, why would i settle for a half glass?

if we all pay the same amount for the same product, we should all be able to enjoy it equally. all future updates are included in the initial purchase right?

i don't even own one yet, but i know i will and i know i'm gonna want the best version available. i don't care if it becomes available to the public next easter. but it would be nice to know at least when it will since it is part of the product/service we pay for.

i tried ordering from the dtr last week, but i can never get anyone besdies a machine......

not trying to be a punk

ON EDIT:
i don't plan on stacking with anything else at all....EVER!so having the best available version is vital to having my truck perform the best it can.

Pm Larry... That's what I do!!!
Old 07-15-2007, 11:46 AM
Banned

ON EDIT:
Well if Bob/Marco/Mads Electronics felt the beta versions were the best, then they would be the ones currently published on the website for download.

You can wait if you like, but your truck surely won't be performing any better stock than it would with regular Smarty programming.
Old 07-15-2007, 12:19 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by jrussell
Well if Bob/Marco/Mads Electronics felt the beta versions were the best, then they would be the ones currently published on the website for download.

You can wait if you like, but your truck surely won't be performing any better stock than it would with regular Smarty programming.
That ain't no lie! Patience is a virtue. i would rather Bob and Marco spend all the time they need to get these programs ready and safe. Because I SURE don't want to have to deal with any of their problems!!!
Old 07-15-2007, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by rip 112
That ain't no lie! Patience is a virtue. i would rather Bob and Marco spend all the time they need to get these programs ready and safe. Because I SURE don't want to have to deal with any of their problems!!!
why???..are their unmentioned problems with the newer software? i'm sure there is although i've only read of positive reviews myself.

i mean i don't mind waiting either. but there has to be some kind of time frame in mind right? i time for xmas maybe? or leap year? it kinda looks like the van aken deal kinda, sorta......tease, tease, wait................it's cool though, just really anxious and excited about it. i know the tunes have to be proven safe, but they should have tons of info on it by now shouldn't they?
Old 07-15-2007, 02:10 PM

not trying to be a punk

ON EDIT:
Once the next version is deemed reliable and ready for release, then yes, EVERYONE is able to load it if they want it - free of charge. So yes, all things are equal. I sense that maybe you didnt understand that these were Beta versions. Beta is a term used for testing by customers. Some of us recieved the Beta version so that Marco could get a wider range of data, from everyday use, for the purpose of improving the product, and to find out if there were any glitches in the software. Obviously, we found some. So he's gotta go back and do some additional programming to get the software "safe" for stock rigs.

Either way, be it now or later, I'm sure you'll like either product.
Old 07-15-2007, 02:15 PM

i know all about beta testing and nda's and the such..i did some of that while i was a ford guy. but for a beta test only software, it seems that almost everyone has it...ok so, maybe not everyone, but alot of peeps do have it. let me beta test too!
Old 07-15-2007, 02:26 PM
Banned

i know all about beta testing and nda's and the such..i did some of that while i was a ford guy. but for a beta test only software, it seems that almost everyone has it...ok so, maybe not everyone, but alot of peeps do have it. let me beta test too!
Have you read through this thread closely?

The whole point of this thread is to warn people with stock trannies and clutches that the beta versions are not safe for them to run on the lower levels. Levels 1, 3, and 5 are putting down almost the same power as level 9. If you still have a stock clutch then the beta versions would just toast it anyway.
Old 07-15-2007, 02:58 PM

The whole point of this thread is to warn people with stock trannies and clutches that the beta versions are not safe for them to run on the lower levels. Levels 1, 3, and 5 are putting down almost the same power as level 9. If you still have a stock clutch then the beta versions would just toast it anyway.
relax...i just wanted to know if they had a projected release date..and i do know how to drive boosted around a stock clutch.....some of you guys are too serious.... but if the tables were turned you would be askin the same questions i am.......i know there's at least a couple of guys running beta completely stock! just trying to gain info that's all.
Old 07-15-2007, 03:03 PM
Banned

trust me on the clutch issues... rolling into it 4th gear about 1200rpm would result in clutch farts almost every time... and yes thats even in 4th...
yes... it makes torque..

get a smarty now reap the benifits of current releases... when the next generation of releases comes out, its going to be like a whole new machine again, and it'll be like a freebie....

even being a beta tester, i cant wit till the final relese! its going to be even better than it is now... my guess.... sept/oct? all of italy shuts down next month, marko gets a chance for a much needed vacation (state side r&d )
Old 07-15-2007, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by Bob Wagner
The is a beta software and now that we know the results the stock guys that asked for this software need to take it easy.

Curtis went from 197 hp stock to 369 hp on software 1 on this 2003 yesterday.
Well this explains a lot while towing! Explains why on #1 with Flux 2's:

-get 1300* EGT compared to previous Smarty versions I would only hit 1100* at WOT
-mini-burnouts off idle with 8,000 lbs bumper pull trailer
-higher water temps when getting on it compared to previous Smarty versions

Yet I was still getting 15-16 mpg!

Quick Reply: Beta 4.4 Dyno results