3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Beta 4.4 Dyno results

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2007, 10:21 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by JThiessen
Not much diff between #5 and #9? Shoot, look how little difference there is between #1 and #9!
For those who havent run on #1 at all, you should try it and give Bob/Marco your feedback. I ran it for towing and just about killed my tranny. Thats when I first realized it was WAAAAYYYYYYY more than a 30hp bump.
So how much more does it feel like? I'm gonna have to try #1 now(never have) And does anyone have any idea on when this beta program is gonna be ready for release to the public? I'm just stoked at how much better my truck runs on mild, I'm ready for 4.4. And sorry for the ?'s, but how can I get 4.3, because I've heard good about it, too?
Old 07-14-2007, 10:32 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Rip,
I started with level 5 with the 4.4. Compared to version 309 level 5 it was almost like running level 9. I backed down to level 3 which has better drivability but still traction was a big issue. After a few weeks I went to version 310 level 5 which felt like a dog.

MikeyB
Old 07-14-2007, 11:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I knew this beta was putting out some power. I was running on sw5 for quite a bit, but very cautious as I have some valvebody mods, but that is it. I towed my race car and trailer (about 12,000lbs) on sw3 a couple weeks ago to Pa and I did the tranny in. I am sure the converter is gone. It chatters like crazy after lock up so I backed it down to sw1 and it still chatters the converter after lock-up on a hard run. Oh well. Now I know I am doing the tranny when I get back from this trip to Iraq.

so, other than it being way more than advertised, what is the problem with running it Bob? are we hurting something else besides drivetrain stuff? I loaded the newest software yesterday and it so weak even on sw5 I couldn't stand it. I guess I just got to used to that power at my foot. Driveablity is so much better with this beta 4.4.

I went back to the beta sw1 this morning.
Old 07-14-2007, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by rip 112
So how much more does it feel like? I'm gonna have to try #1 now(never have) And does anyone have any idea on when this beta program is gonna be ready for release to the public? I'm just stoked at how much better my truck runs on mild, I'm ready for 4.4. And sorry for the ?'s, but how can I get 4.3, because I've heard good about it, too?
Well, if you dont have the Beta 4.4, SW1 will not be like what I experienced. SW1 felt to me like I had more than 100hp additional available. They only way I could keep the tranny from slipping wasa to down shift and keep the rpm's up and stable.
It appears to me that they are pulling it from stock rigs obviously because the software levels were not even close to what "advertised" levels are, and users cant assume they are somewhat safe using the lower levels. When i put mine back on SW3 last night, it actually felt like I lost some power. I'd put money on that they are fixing those issues, and will likely do some additional testing prior to making it a release.
Old 07-14-2007, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by Matt S
Bob,
Do you have any other numbers from the 2003? Was it a SO or an HO? Has anyone dynoed a 305/555 on beta 4.4?
This was with Beta Program 4.3 since mine was one of the first Smarty's sold(S-04)

It's actually a 04 305/555. THis was on a Superflow Dual Eddy Current dyno with a air temp of about 104 degrees F.

I was also running the data logger during these runs so I have EGT temps for cylinders 1 and , a probe in the rear side of in exhaust before it hits the turbo as well as boost and turbo drive pressure.

Best HP with just the Smarty was on Level #5 a 375HP. The HP didn't seem to change much, but we were seeing almost 50 additional lb/ft og torque with each level. I'll have to check my notes to see what the best tq number was.
Old 07-14-2007, 12:54 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by gitchesum
This was with Beta Program 4.3 since mine was one of the first Smarty's sold(S-04)

It's actually a 04 305/555. THis was on a Superflow Dual Eddy Current dyno with a air temp of about 104 degrees F.

I was also running the data logger during these runs so I have EGT temps for cylinders 1 and , a probe in the rear side of in exhaust before it hits the turbo as well as boost and turbo drive pressure.

Best HP with just the Smarty was on Level #5 a 375HP. The HP didn't seem to change much, but we were seeing almost 50 additional lb/ft og torque with each level. I'll have to check my notes to see what the best tq number was.
How do you go about logging the EGT's? That's the one thing my data logger is missing and I would really like to have that info.
Old 07-14-2007, 01:17 PM

An Innovate Motrosports DL-32 with the SSI-4 and TC-4 modules.

The probes are in #1, #6, and the normal probe position right at the turbo intake.

Oddly enough, I was consistantly seeing #6 cylinder run about 50 degrees cooler than the #1 cylinder. Thought that was odd.
Old 07-14-2007, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by Luvnacumns
Torque Beast!!! Awesome numbers!!!! That is just crazy with a smarty!!! Congrats to Bob and Marco!!!!

I can't wait to hit the rollers next month!!! I think I will try #5 and #7 and #9 to see any difference...
ya, I'm curious to see what more air would do. I also agree, Bob and Marco have got it going on!!!!!!!! READY FOR THE NEXT LEVEL OF TESTING
Old 07-14-2007, 03:33 PM

i'm pretty surprised that these 4.4, 4.3, etc tunes weren't MADE on a dyno. although they run good, Marco must have some good "guesses" when entering in the parameters.
Old 07-14-2007, 10:39 PM

I agree with Billy Ram. I like 4.4 just the way it is. My tranny loves 4.4, no other software version comes close. I'm sure the final release will be just as good, just dialed in.

Sid
Old 07-15-2007, 06:44 AM

hmmm......i would like to buy a smarty soon, but it kinda makes sense to just wait it out until the beta softwares become available to the public. who wants to buy yesterday's technology? especially if the newer softwares are making the trucks run so much more efficient and stronger..................so maybe by xmas guys??????????? i think a release date or even a tentative one is due by now......
Old 07-15-2007, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by darrenb
hmmm......i would like to buy a smarty soon, but it kinda makes sense to just wait it out until the beta softwares become available to the public. who wants to buy yesterday's technology? especially if the newer softwares are making the trucks run so much more efficient and stronger..................so maybe by xmas guys??????????? i think a release date or even a tentative one is due by now......
I dont see any reason to do that. It's not "yesterday's" technology. If the Beta versions weren't out, you'd still be reading rave's about the "old" Smarty programming. And the minute the new software is out, you can download it and run it.
Old 07-15-2007, 10:32 AM
Banned

I've been running 4.4 on yes the stock tranny on Sw#9 and it seems stronger (the smarty) and the truck runs good!!! It idles a little funny but my egt's haven't been sick I hit 1500 at wot with the trailer trying to get into traffic but other than that I really like it.. I can't get any smoke, well very little (which sucks!!!) Fuel miledge is right at 19.6 hand calculated.. We will see what the twins do!!! By By TRANNY!!!!
Old 07-15-2007, 10:35 AM
Banned

I dont see any reason to do that. It's not "yesterday's" technology. If the Beta versions weren't out, you'd still be reading rave's about the "old" Smarty programming. And the minute the new software is out, you can download it and run it.
What he said!
Old 07-15-2007, 10:40 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by jrussell
What he said!
X3!!!!!!!! Even the older software is awesome!!!

Quick Reply: Beta 4.4 Dyno results