3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

BETA 4.2 vs TNT vs TNT/R....

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 03:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
have u tried lower settings
Old 09-29-2008, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by cquestad
Ok...

Mark Kormylo's truck...

http://www.bullydogdays.com/old/imag...8/Kormylo1.jpg

610 hp w/ only DDP 50's and TNT SW7.

Shane's Truck...

http://www.bullydogdays.com/old/imag...8/Gardner1.jpg

619 hp w/ DDP 90's and TNT SW9

There are others...let me look. I am in a meeting...lol.
So your saying that both of these trucks are makng that power with TNT, 90's, and a single charger???
Old 09-29-2008, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by Floridacracker
have u tried lower settings
No I have not tried lower settings on a dyno, have not had enough time.
With the shop that does my tuning and dyno moving closer to me, I will have more roller time in the near future!!!
Old 09-29-2008, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by 2007 5.9
So your saying that both of these trucks are makng that power with TNT, 90's, and a single charger???
Les, you're forgetting 1 very important factor. These guys are doing this on different dynos. I think they'd be really sad if they had to roll on LCD's dyno. You picked up 30hp on the HUMBLER!!! It's not worth it bro, you try to help these guys out, but they don't get the big picture. There have been guys on other dyno's that have hit 650+ on fuel only with stock sticks, stock cp3, etc. I guarantee that wont happen in our neck of the woods.

For you guys that weren't at the dyno, take this into consideration. I've seen 800+ trucks dyno at 6XX hp on this one.

Twin turbos, stage 2 cp3, aftermarket sticks on #2= 595 hp
Twin CP3 trucks not cracking 600 hp.

You cant compare other guy's dyno numbers to Les's numbers. Just compare les' old numbers to his new ones. take it for what it's worth. It's a same day comparison on the same dyno, all while maintaining solid rail pressure and full boost.

As a side note, it seems that smaller charger'd trucks do well, but the bigger the charger, the lower the comparative numbers seem to be. Also, the numbers were uncorrected. Corrected would have been closer to 600.
Old 09-29-2008, 05:26 PM

My ~850 hp truck rolled ONLY 750 that day. I don't think it was an optimistic dyno.
Old 09-29-2008, 06:05 PM

2007 5.9 your the man. Thanks for the info. I made 649 that day as you know and I will say that the dyno at LCD is pretty darn concervative with giving out easy numbers. You have to earn it on that dyno. I would say your numbers a very accurate for your truck. Its a great base line for all of us to work from when it comes to trying different tunes. Glad to know that if I run beta 4.2 that I may see 20-30+ hp. Next time I will see. When LCD moves lets get together at the new location and do some base line testing for each program. My SO 03 and your 07 will supply some good info. The way your truck smoked I know you had plenty of RP. I know that some guys were saying they dynoed more on other dynos prior to Saturday and that really showed Saturday by their angry look on their face, LOL. Good job and thanks for taking the time to video and dyno those tunes.
Old 09-29-2008, 06:11 PM

My ~850 hp truck rolled ONLY 750 that day. I don't think it was an optimistic dyno.
Good point, that just further illustrates my point that you can't compare numbers from one dyno to another. Even a dynojet 248 to a dynojet 248.

Les' test was just to show the difference between one program and another. Same truck, same dyno, same day. That's it.
Old 09-29-2008, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by DUKCALN
2007 5.9 your the man. Thanks for the info. I made 649 that day as you know and I will say that the dyno at LCD is pretty darn concervative with giving out easy numbers. You have to earn it on that dyno. I would say your numbers a very accurate for your truck. Its a great base line for all of us to work from when it comes to trying different tunes. Glad to know that if I run beta 4.2 that I may see 20-30+ hp. Next time I will see. When LCD moves lets get together at the new location and do some base line testing for each program. My SO 03 and your 07 will supply some good info. The way your truck smoked I know you had plenty of RP. I know that some guys were saying they dynoed more on other dynos prior to Saturday and that really showed Saturday by their angry look on their face, LOL. Good job and thanks for taking the time to video and dyno those tunes.
Hey man,

I didn't get to talk to you, but congrats on the runs. Great looking truck, hopefully I can see it up close next time. It definitely sounded mean.
Old 09-29-2008, 06:17 PM

Absolutly well said jlibert. I can even understand that. ANYBODY with half a brain should know that all dynos are different. And yes they will argue that all trucks are different too, but like you said, same dyno, same day, same truck, same same same. Enough said. Can't wait to try 4.2 next. Gee maybe I will try 4.2 on another dyno and compare results. LOL. Sorry couldn't help myself.
Old 09-29-2008, 06:18 PM

Thanks alot. We will meet someday, as long as we own CUMMINS and hang at LCD.
Old 09-29-2008, 06:44 PM

Hey...

I am ONLY addressing the original post's question to why not 600 hp?

Smoke not clearing up...means one of two things...

Under turbo'd or low rail pressure. Period.

Marks truck did 575 with the same fuel and a SPS 62 WITH a Stage 2.

So...you are probably both low on rail and low on air.

Just my observations to why not 600...
Old 09-29-2008, 06:50 PM

For 2007 5.9, low RP, dought it, lack of turbo, possible. I do think a larger turbo would compliment his set up well. As for me, I think I could of used a tad more RP. He may have made 600hp with some timing changes and a tad more playt ime on the dyno. He was soooooo close. But your right it could of been one of two things. I lean more to the air side of it.
Old 09-29-2008, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by jlibert
Les, you're forgetting 1 very important factor. These guys are doing this on different dynos. I think they'd be really sad if they had to roll on LCD's dyno. You picked up 30hp on the HUMBLER!!! It's not worth it bro, you try to help these guys out, but they don't get the big picture. There have been guys on other dyno's that have hit 650+ on fuel only with stock sticks, stock cp3, etc. I guarantee that wont happen in our neck of the woods.

For you guys that weren't at the dyno, take this into consideration. I've seen 800+ trucks dyno at 6XX hp on this one.

Twin turbos, stage 2 cp3, aftermarket sticks on #2= 595 hp
Twin CP3 trucks not cracking 600 hp.

You cant compare other guy's dyno numbers to Les's numbers. Just compare les' old numbers to his new ones. take it for what it's worth. It's a same day comparison on the same dyno, all while maintaining solid rail pressure and full boost.

As a side note, it seems that smaller charger'd trucks do well, but the bigger the charger, the lower the comparative numbers seem to be. Also, the numbers were uncorrected. Corrected would have been closer to 600.
Thanks for the clarification there JP!!!

Dont matter either way...you, I , Erik, Adam etc. know that LCD's 224x is VERY STINGY with numbers.

Heck if you take the 30hp that I gained from going to the 248c from the 224x, that right there put's my at 605hp on the 248c....but since I am not one to make claims that cant be backed up...I wont. I will just have to wait and make some time to go up and visit Chris and the Jefferson State Diesel boys and dyno again on the 248c and see whats up!!!
Old 09-29-2008, 07:47 PM

Are you speaking of the 248c that was at the Nor Cal Diesel Rally???

The "Humbler"???
Old 09-29-2008, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by DUKCALN
Thanks for the props man!!!

Dont worry..when LCD moves...we will be able to do alot of custom runs!!!
We can for sure hang out there and talk tunes and run comparo tests with you a SO and my HO!!!

I am pretty sure RP is not my problem...it smokes real bad down low and clears up ok on top while maintaining 25.5K RP through the entire run!! If anything I probably need more air.

Quick Reply: BETA 4.2 vs TNT vs TNT/R....