3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Beta 4.2 with stock truck and built tranny?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 12:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Beta 4.2 with stock truck and built tranny?

Is it ok to run beta 4.2 on a stock truck with a built tranny or do you have to have fuel system, injectors and turbo. my buddy has been running it with only built clutch and fuel system, so im thinking about running it. I'll have my fuel system soon just wondering if it is ok to run 4.2 while waiting for fuel system, injectors and turbo.
Old 06-23-2008, 12:36 PM

You should be fine. My truck shifted the best with the 4.2 for some reason. Until I got a ts shift master, then it didn't really matter.

I never ran 4.2 on a truck with stock inj's, pump, or turbo though.
Old 06-23-2008, 12:39 PM

hopefully bob will comment since he commented on the JR thread. I left him a message earlier.
Old 06-23-2008, 12:40 PM
Banned

I dont see gauges in your sig, so no way. 4.2 is a race program that gets really hot with a stock turbo, and with no fuel system you will drop fuel pressure as well.
Old 06-23-2008, 12:44 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Just keep an eye on egt's. The more air/fuel the better it performs.
Old 06-23-2008, 05:22 PM

You dont see built tranny in my sig either. Just because its not in the sig doesnt mean its not there. I ran it on level 5 the other day and egt's got to 1425-1450 pretty quick but it was also quick to 100mph Does it raise rail pressure past 25000psi, i guess i just want to know if im gonna stick a tip or lose my pump before i upgrade them.
Old 06-23-2008, 05:50 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by WYODSL
You dont see built tranny in my sig either. Just because its not in the sig doesnt mean its not there.
Oh man Im sorry, I guess I should have read your mind before I posted.
Old 06-23-2008, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by WYODSL
You dont see built tranny in my sig either. Just because its not in the sig doesnt mean its not there. I ran it on level 5 the other day and egt's got to 1425-1450 pretty quick but it was also quick to 100mph Does it raise rail pressure past 25000psi, i guess i just want to know if im gonna stick a tip or lose my pump before i upgrade them.
Wow no need to be snippy. You asked the question ... He was just pointing it out. There are quite a few people who runs these trucks with all kinds of stuff they should (GAUGES ARE THE BIGGEST)...
Old 06-23-2008, 07:08 PM
Banned

wyodsl is a tool dont worry about him armstrong he's finally converting over and making big boy power for once in his life
Old 06-23-2008, 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by Armstrong Performance
Oh man Im sorry, I guess I should have read your mind before I posted.
Oh man I'm sorry, read my MIND right now! you still haven't said anything beneficial to what the question was, none of you have (exception bob) "better get gauges or else you'll run hot" geezus, really? get HOT?. I don't even know where to start with my SIG let me describe the slight black haze on my bumper from smoke, yep that should be in my SIG because the fuel is unburnt and blackening my bumper. I bet thats hot! Can you tell me how hot that is or should I get a thermometer for my bumper. Will that cause me to screw up my injectors or fuel pump, probably not but not having a pyro gauge might? Come on? I asked a simple question hoping to get some good input. I'm trying not to be to snippy here, and I don't want to affend anybody, nor do I want to insult anybody or LARRY cause I don't want to get kicked off this site, but don't undermind somebody cause they have a question and their SIGNATURE is not updated. WYOCUMMINS stop it your just stirring trouble little guy, have fun with these guys. From now on I'll just call the people who sell the stuff and get the information from a person who knows what their talking about.

P.S. Bob I'll call again in the morning.
Old 06-23-2008, 11:17 PM
Banned

wow why do you even bother posting on here if you already know everything you need to? didnt you already talk to a business that told you what was right to buy so you did now your sending it back because it ran like crap and messed your truck up? weird how that works do your research next time and maybe listen to what people have to tell you instead of coming on here acting like you know everything when really you rely on disel power magazine to give you all the knowledge you need to know
Old 06-23-2008, 11:49 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The thing is, the sig stops alot of questioning. There is no reason to get your panties in a bunch because fellow members are trying to clarify what you DO and DON'T have. If you want advice or answers to your questions, you need to understand that we are in the dark until YOU shed the light.

As for your original question, IMo no it wouldn't be OK. You could use the program and have it work, but for its intended purpose, no. As stated before, the 4.2 throws alot of fuel at the engine, more fuel than your stock components can handle. Knowing the nature of many Cummins owners with a smarty and a beta program, you will not be using the program for mpgs. That is just my honest, respectful opinion.

Transmission work only patches up potential destruction if you don't have all the other necessities. At least a fuel pump and turbo. If you wanna dump more fuel, you need to pass more air...
Old 06-24-2008, 11:38 AM

[QUOTE=wyocat;2126210]wow why do you even bother posting on here if you already know everything you need to? didnt you already talk to a business that told you what was right to buy so you did now your sending it back because it ran like crap and messed your truck up? weird how that works do your research next time and maybe listen to what people have to tell you instead of coming on here acting like you know everything when really you rely on disel power magazine to give you all the knowledge you need to know[/QUOTE

This is coming from the guy who blew out third gear cause he cant shift. Buy a geo metro buddy maybe you can shift that. Or better yet have your mom drive your truck at the track. As far as Diesel power magazine is concerned, I'm not the one who has the subscription, you are. Im also not the one who bought bullydog then sold it to get smarty cause it messed up my truck, you are. Atleast i did my research and bought smarty jr first, and yeah it didn't run well on my truck and had some issues, so I bought what the majority of other people who don't use smarty on this forum use and that was edge, well guess what, it didn't work out and now I'm buying something else, thats why the question was asked about beta 4.2. Rip kinda answered that question I guess, and now that i have my panties out of a bunch, I guess I'll get a bigger turbo, fuel system and injectors so then finally I can wear boxers again and not be so snippy, I'll add that to my sig so you guys know how well my undergarments fit, and make sure their not running hot. And getting enough fuel.
Old 06-24-2008, 02:19 PM

Wow dude. I bet the teacher was sorry when she called on you in class and asked you a question. Did you tip the desk over on her head?
Old 06-24-2008, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by White97GTVert
Wow dude. I bet the teacher was sorry when she called on you in class and asked you a question. Did you tip the desk over on her head?
Dude it's just a big joke between wyocat and myself. nothing personal. we live in the same town hangout almost everyday, it's just a joke.

Quick Reply: Beta 4.2 with stock truck and built tranny?