3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Best place for Gauge kit

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2005, 05:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best place for Gauge kit

Looking at getting the A-pillar kit for my '04.5, with all 3 tachs (pyro, boost, trans). Just want to get some info on the best place to get this kit. Also does it come with everything to install or will i have to get some odds and ends.
Old 11-06-2005, 05:20 PM

I can recommend diesel manor. Really nice instructions, knowledgable staff, low prices, and good packaging.

http://www.dieselmanor.com/
Old 11-06-2005, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by tbone
I can recommend diesel manor. Really nice instructions, knowledgable staff, low prices, and good packaging.

http://www.dieselmanor.com/
beat me to it, they had the lowest price on an isspro trans temp when i was shopping for one.
Old 11-06-2005, 06:35 PM

Awsome thanks Tbone
Old 11-06-2005, 10:59 PM

You might also check out US Diesel Parts. The have some awful good prices on gauges.
Old 11-07-2005, 05:47 AM

Originally Posted by hovisimo
beat me to it, they had the lowest price on an isspro trans temp when i was shopping for one.
I agree on diesel manor. Personalized service and great prices.
Old 11-07-2005, 09:06 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm getting ready to get some gauges. I want to go with boost, pyro, and fuel pressure. What else do I need to install? I know I need a FP isolator as well as some way to tap for the boost and FP. What would you guys recommend? A boost bolt and fuel filter cap that have taps for the lines already?
Old 11-07-2005, 11:15 AM

I ordered ISSPRO Pyro, Boost, and Trans Temp from Diesel Manor (Center Console Mount). Get the boost bolt, makes hooking up a breeze. Can't comment on FP, will add when I'm ready for a box.
Old 11-07-2005, 12:22 PM

I was all set to go with the A-pillar setup until I saw one installed in a friend's truck.

In my opinion, the gauges sitting in the A-pillar are too distracting, and this probably sounds stupid, but I think they make a bit of a blind spot, especially a night. Also, I think that car thieves tend to see the A-pillar gauges and think that you might have a little something extra under the hood...

For those reasons I installed my gauges in the cubby hole in the center dash. They're not as distracting when mounted there, and they're harder to see when looking into the vehicle. I also think they look a little more OEM.

I bought my whole setup from dieselmanor as well. Pics are in my gallery.

To each their own though - not trying to discourage anyone from getting gauges at all - I just like mine better where the cubby hole used to be.
Old 11-07-2005, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by truckjunkie
I was all set to go with the A-pillar setup until I saw one installed in a friend's truck.

In my opinion, the gauges sitting in the A-pillar are too distracting, and this probably sounds stupid, but I think they make a bit of a blind spot, especially a night. Also, I think that car thieves tend to see the A-pillar gauges and think that you might have a little something extra under the hood...

For those reasons I installed my gauges in the cubby hole in the center dash. They're not as distracting when mounted there, and they're harder to see when looking into the vehicle. I also think they look a little more OEM.

I bought my whole setup from dieselmanor as well. Pics are in my gallery.

To each their own though - not trying to discourage anyone from getting gauges at all - I just like mine better where the cubby hole used to be.
true but the a-pillar is already a huge blindspot to begin with, adding a gauge didn't make it much worse, pedestrians still better look out.
Old 11-08-2005, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by hovisimo
true but the a-pillar is already a huge blindspot to begin with, adding a gauge didn't make it much worse, pedestrians still better look out.
Good point - I do have a bit of a problem trying to see through that think plastic and the grab handle :-)
Old 11-08-2005, 12:33 PM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 05HDRAM
I ordered ISSPRO Pyro, Boost, and Trans Temp from Diesel Manor (Center Console Mount). Get the boost bolt, makes hooking up a breeze. Can't comment on FP, will add when I'm ready for a box.
How hard was it to install the Center Console Mount (I assume that is the one just under the radio)? I'm trying to decide between a pillar gauge and the one that goes under the radio. It seems like it would be hard to get behind there.

Just looking at pictures I can't see how mounting them on the A pillar would make the blind spot any worse than it already is. Is it really that bad??
Old 11-08-2005, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by Sevir
Looking at getting the A-pillar kit for my '04.5, with all 3 tachs (pyro, boost, trans). Just want to get some info on the best place to get this kit. Also does it come with everything to install or will i have to get some odds and ends.
Check out the Autometer packages that Black Cloud Diesel has for Dodges here: http://www.blackclouddiesel.com/Gaug...eter.htm#Dodge
Old 11-08-2005, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by Hoss
How hard was it to install the Center Console Mount (I assume that is the one just under the radio)? I'm trying to decide between a pillar gauge and the one that goes under the radio. It seems like it would be hard to get behind there.

Just looking at pictures I can't see how mounting them on the A pillar would make the blind spot any worse than it already is. Is it really that bad??
I installed mine in the console for the reasons mentioned in my previous post (see above).

The actual installation of the gauges in that location wasn't bad at all - one screw to remove and about 7 steel clips and the whole center section pops out. Then I think there's about 4 screws to take the cubby hole out. The only issue I had was that the ISSPRO gauges aren't as compatible with the Autometer gauge mount as I'd assume the Autometer gauges are. It took a couple of spacers (I just used a couple of spare nuts) to get the gauges to mount correctly in the gauge mount. The actual feeding of the wires/lines to the back of the gauges wasn't too bad at all.
Old 11-08-2005, 03:09 PM
Thats MR Hoss to you buddy!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by njmaier
I'm getting ready to get some gauges. I want to go with boost, pyro, and fuel pressure. What else do I need to install? I know I need a FP isolator as well as some way to tap for the boost and FP. What would you guys recommend? A boost bolt and fuel filter cap that have taps for the lines already?
I pretty much asked the same question to the guys at Diesel Manor and below is what they told me.

My Question:
"I’m getting ready to purchase one of your three gauge kits for my 2003 Dodge Diesel. I’ve never installed gauges before so I’m not quite certain what all I need to make it happen. It looks like your kits are pretty complete, but it also appears that there may be a couple of additional purchases that I need to make in order to make the fuel pressure gauge work (stainless hose??? banjo bolt???) Can you make any recommendations on what I need to purchase in addition to the kit that you have put together?? I want to get everything I need at one time.
Their Response:
Hi Shane,
Yes, I'd go with the 36" Fuel pressure hose and and banjo bolt. We don't include them because some folks have different ideas of where they want to plumb for the fuel source, like if they have an aftermarked fuel pump like the AirDog. For most, the 36" S.S. hose w/ banjo is all that's required. If you have any other questions let me know.

Thanks,

David Murphy
DieselManor, Inc.
ph.603-497-2281
fx.603-497-3783
www.dieselmanor.com
I don't yet know where this banjo bolt critter goes, but my plan is to buy one of Diesel Manor's kits with the addition of a banjo bolt and the 36" hose mentioned above. That should be everything needed to install the gauges.

Quick Reply: Best place for Gauge kit