3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

the best mileage box

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2006, 12:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the best mileage box

I am interested ONLY in better mileage and am wondering if there is a box that is specifically designed to increase mileage? if not , has anyone had any experience with a box that has shown a genuine decent increase in mileage? I am towing about 90% of the time and have a 6 speed and have plenty of power but need better fuel ecconomy. I would think with all the different boxes out there and all you guys running them there would be a box that really stands out and genuinely helps mileage. any info would be apperciated
Old 07-15-2006, 03:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by supersonictoys
I am interested ONLY in better mileage and am wondering if there is a box that is specifically designed to increase mileage? if not , has anyone had any experience with a box that has shown a genuine decent increase in mileage? I am towing about 90% of the time and have a 6 speed and have plenty of power but need better fuel ecconomy. I would think with all the different boxes out there and all you guys running them there would be a box that really stands out and genuinely helps mileage. any info would be apperciated
the quad xzt is a good chip. nobody can really say bad about them. i had one on mine but upgraded to the bully dog for some more smoke and power. the xzt does have a nice getty up and go also. ads 65hp and about 1-3 mpg depending on how u drive.

Ad removed site violation
Old 07-15-2006, 05:26 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Put a brick under the skinny pedal!
Old 07-15-2006, 05:29 PM

I just ordered an xzt Thursday. Made the decision based on everything I've read on this forum. I'm generally a stock guy for the most part. Truck pulls great and has been very reilable so far. But more HP,TQ and a cpuple extra MPG for $299 with no real need to worry about damaging turbo from heat, is too good to pass up.

Jeff
Old 07-16-2006, 11:36 AM

Just prepare yourself to not see any improvement in mileage. Many years, and many $$$ spent on truck add ons has proved to me that mileage improvements are as elusive as Bigfoot (although my wife has yet to let go try to find him!). Some CLAIM to see improvements, some say not. I use the word CLAIM, because all I know for certain is that someone on the other end of the WWW. has typed these words into a forum! So I'm not trying to discredit them, its just a matter of having valid data.

You'll definitly be happy with the Quad stuff. Its what I run, and even with all the issues I've had with it on my 03 (I believe it was more due to my 03 than the Quad box), I'm going back to them for my 06 mods.
Old 07-16-2006, 01:05 PM

I wanted to post on the Milage with the TST. I was getting 14-15 MPG stock with my truck (this was with an intake and exhaust) I used the TST and used the 1 setting, timing only. This netted me 16-17 MPG. So it did help with the millage and did help towing and power 35hp with just timing. I have run on the 2/2 setting now for a few tanks, both tanks 18-18.9 MPG. Now most will say you won't see a difference, because with an exhaust or chip you floor it all the time, drive like a crazy man or what not. IF you can drive the same after as you do now with a chip, you WILL get better millage. I for one am like a few of the fellow members on here who has tracked every single drop of fuel that has been put into the truck since it was new. I can show you numbers, millage, temps, I have gauges on everything, so I keep a tight watch on it. 2/2 on the TST is approximatly 55hp/120lbs, so I may step up to the 3/2 setting which would up me to 75hp, maybe that would do even better??? You can get better millage if you driving habits don't change.

Tom