3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Best Hot Juice Stack 05 Truck

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 02:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best Hot Juice Stack 05 Truck

Currently have herd so many varring oppions on best Stack for a Hot Juice from individual correspondence. So I figured I would get an oppion From as many as possible before I make any changes.
I am currently running Hot Juice Stacked with Edge-EZ,
Was Wondering if it is truly worth the efffort to , I won't say up-grade---But change to an MP8 to stack with the Hot Juice?
I was running my juice on #5 the Hot setting ,and EZ on #1 or #2 ( Max ) I noticed when lifting my engine hood and pysically Touching the EZ was Smokin Hot to the Touch. I do Zero towing wth my truck-- I do not carry heavy Weight, It is my Daily Driver. I here people say 50-60 is Max setting on the MP8 with Stock Injectors, What if I installed Some 50HP injectors. My Sig re-mains the Same. I Now Run the Juice on #3 And the EZ on #2.
I just want to know if the MP8 is going to light up the Seat of my pants that much more? As I am pretty happy with what the EZ does. I have Run the ( Hot Juice ) By its Self for a few weeks. And it is a huge Difference without the EZ. The EZ Truly Fires up my Silver-62--14 Much Faster and Bottom End Pull is Hard
Old 02-04-2008, 04:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am wondering the same thing. I will soon upgrade Juice to HOT and want to go with either the EZ or MP8. (Of course after new clutch, metal cooler, and fuel system)
Old 02-04-2008, 09:54 PM

First off most of the boxes I have tried that were installed in the engine compartment will burn you after running a while. That includes Juice, Hot Juice, EZ, TST, Quad and DR Performance. Scary to the touch for sure.

The Hot Juice/Attitude and EZ stack is a very good stack. I ran that for a good while. I normally ran Juice Level 3 and EZ Level 1 for daily driving. An MP-8 pressure only tune may give you a little more fine tuning to hit an optimal level, but what you need first is a turbo. Hot Juice and any pressure stack needs more air than stock turbo to get optimum results.

Upgrade your turbo and then find out what you can really do with the stack you have. More pressure will just require more air to use efficiently.

Just my experience and .02.
Old 02-04-2008, 10:05 PM

Stacking

Hi thanks for follow-up ,Not sure if you did not see my Sig
Mt Truck 05 Dodge- Goerend Full Billet Trans & Flex plate, Silver-62-14 Turbocharger, ATS Exhaust Manifold, AFE Stage-2 Air Intake, 4-inch Turboback Exhaust, Walbro Full lift pump system with Filter, Hot Juice Stacked with EZ , CNC Heater block replacment, 33-12:50 BFG All terrains, on 17-8 inch Welds , Power Slot Cyro treated Brake Rotors.

Next to do list within the the year
Head Studs - F-1 Springs, F-1 Cam , Injectors 50--90 hp not Sure , Moded CP3-Pump hopfully knock the door of 5600 HP then.
Old 02-05-2008, 02:46 AM

5600hp huh?LOL I am sure you meant 560. To be honest if you want some serious hp you need to get some kind of programmer to stack with that ez. A bully dog, smarty, whatever. I have run the bully dog and juice. There is no comparison with the bullydog on 90hp I can break my tires loose from just rolling on the throttle in 3rd gear. I could not do that with the juice on level 5 100hp. The bully dog just fuels much harder. My buddies 05 with hot juice cannot touch my truck when I turned everything off and just run him with injectors. If you absolutly want to keep the juice go ahead and get injectors. They fail all the time and are a good investment. I would go ahead and get some flux 2's and or head studs. I am probably around 560hp with my setup maybe alittle more maybe not. The edge is really on the conservative side but if thats what you like then go ahead. I would really look into a programmer. lIKE OUT-OF-HERE said I think with all that power and chips your gonna start hitting some high egts. Even though the silver bullet 62 says it will fuel 650hp it's gonna be a ot 650hp.
Old 02-05-2008, 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by Kman9090
5600hp huh?LOL I am sure you meant 560. To be honest if you want some serious hp you need to get some kind of programmer to stack with that ez. A bully dog, smarty, whatever. I have run the bully dog and juice. There is no comparison with the bullydog on 90hp I can break my tires loose from just rolling on the throttle in 3rd gear. I could not do that with the juice on level 5 100hp. The bully dog just fuels much harder. My buddies 05 with hot juice cannot touch my truck when I turned everything off and just run him with injectors. If you absolutly want to keep the juice go ahead and get injectors. They fail all the time and are a good investment. I would go ahead and get some flux 2's and or head studs. I am probably around 560hp with my setup maybe alittle more maybe not. The edge is really on the conservative side but if thats what you like then go ahead. I would really look into a programmer. lIKE OUT-OF-HERE said I think with all that power and chips your gonna start hitting some high egts. Even though the silver bullet 62 says it will fuel 650hp it's gonna be a ot 650hp.
Yeah, cuz we all know you can't make decent power with the Juice.
(ahem, see signature)

I don't know much about the ez. The two pressure boxes I have run are the xzt pressure only and the mp-8. Before I had injectors, the Hot Juice and mp8 made 505hp on my truck. So I know it works well, just don't know if it's better than the ez or not.