3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Bedliner and rockers done

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2006, 04:49 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have mine done also I just did the tops of my dually fenders don't have any pics though but it really turned out good.

img]https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/pics/data/500/medium/JD_s_Dodge_001.jpg[/img]
Old 12-05-2006, 05:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bedliner products, no matter what the brand, are not maintenance free. They will lose their gloss and/or color if exposed to the sun. You can prevent this from happening by applying an "Armorall" type product to the bedliner several times a year. If you don't want to mess with doing that, as far as LINE-X, you have a few more options.

All of these are one-time applications:
1. Have the dealer apply Ultra Shield. US is an older LINE-X product. It's not expensive and it works OK, but it's not as nice looking as number 2 or 3.
2. Have the dealer apply Dupont Nason. Nason is a urethane based automotive paint. It bonds well to LINE-X since its urethane based. It's glossy and will not fade or lose its gloss.
3. Have the dealer apply Xtra. Xtra looks the same as Nason, although is does not affect the LINE-X texture as much as Nason does. Xtra is significantly more durable than Nason but does cost more. If you choose Xtra, you are guaranteed (via LINE-X's nationwide lifetime warranty for the truck bed only) that the bedliner will not fade or lose it's gloss.

With Nason or Xtra, you will never need to apply an "Armorall" product. With Ultra Shield, you don't have to apply a protectorant, but one or two applications per year actually does help.