3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
View Poll Results: What bed liner do you have?
non-spray / drop-in
24.72%
LineX
42.70%
Rhino
21.35%
Other: specify in post
11.24%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Bed Liner Poll: Spray-in vs. Drop-in?

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2004, 06:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Drop in liner under the rail. For my work it is the best. I haul a lot of heavy tools with sharp edges. It is not a pretty sight what they do to a rhino. Yes I use a steel tool tray also.
Old 08-01-2004, 07:15 PM

Originally posted by 3rd_ram
Ditto on my third bedrug they are great.
I agree! BEDRUG and LOVE IT!
Old 08-01-2004, 07:35 PM

My third BEDMAT
Old 08-02-2004, 03:08 AM

DeeZee diamond plate around the top of the box to protect that, and left the inside to fend for itself. First thing they do is scuff the paint off anyway so the spray in liners will stick. I just did it with my shovel.
Old 08-02-2004, 02:47 PM

I have neither Rhino or LineX brand but I do have the bed sprayed over the rails along with my bumpers, nerfbars, and tool box. Not even sure what brand it is but when everything is armoralled, it looks awesome.
Old 08-02-2004, 09:44 PM

Originally posted by el jefe
I have neither Rhino or LineX brand but I do have the bed sprayed over the rails along with my bumpers, nerfbars, and tool box. Not even sure what brand it is but when everything is armoralled, it looks awesome.
Boy I bet that looks sweet and is slippery as all get out
have you fallen on that stuff yet?? Can't do that here in Oregon, too much rain and I don't want to bust my A$$
Old 08-03-2004, 11:54 AM

I've got the under the rail factory drop in... but only because it came with the truck. No problems with it, and no reason to replace it at this point, but given the choice, I go for the spray in.

My '99 came with an over the rail drop in, and I hated that one... expands and contracts and shows you how it's rubbed your paint off all along the bedsides. At least with my new under the rail one you can't tell what it's doing.

Speaking of spray-in's... I almost bought a Rhino business 2 yrs ago... still regretting passing that up.
Old 08-03-2004, 01:17 PM

I own a spray machine that is portable. It is an excellent quality and durability spray on material. As it's portable we have sprayed garage floors, patio decks (wood and concrete) trailers, ect. If you can think of something to spray it on and I can get my 04.5 dodge within a 100 feet of it I'll try it.

I own a machine shop so it gets all sorts of sharp steel thrown in it. No problems yet.

Around Calgary, Alberta if you want it let me know cause there's always a deal for Dodge boys
Old 08-03-2004, 01:58 PM

Gewl, I've yet to slip off of the nerf bars because I rarely use them. The bigger problem is having some nice khakis on and brush against the nerfs entering or exiting, boy will that ruin your night. Not funny when it happens to me, hillarious when it happens to passengers!
Old 08-03-2004, 05:49 PM

Line-x spray in.

I turned my '96 drop in liner into a "box" for a utility trailer to haul dirt.....

I really feel the drop in liners are a real waste of $$$$$.. personal opinion.

Cheers f
Old 08-03-2004, 06:26 PM

Had them in several trucks for years.There ok! nothing great but ok.I remember when they first appeared and we use to SELL them for GOOD money.Before drops in there was NOTHING!
Old 08-03-2004, 06:45 PM

None! I have not seen a bed liner do anything more than make the owner feel better about the truck. And that reason is enough for the one spending the money. However, Spray-ons still rust from the bottom, drop-in buff off the paint then hold moisture to bare metal.

Dad's '92 farm use pickup had no rust and little paint loss from tools, feed, hay, saddles and dogs.

Now if we could spray it on the bottom side where it is needed for rust protection and in the wheel wells...GREAT! My Audi sedan had that under the car and in the wheel wells and a 10 year rust-through warranty that cost Audi nothing to offer.

I wonder how much the labor charge would be for putting the stuff where it's needed?
Old 08-03-2004, 11:31 PM

Ziebart sprayed in. Works nice as you wont scratch the paint throwing things in the bed.
Old 08-04-2004, 11:36 PM

I had the dealer spray in Line-X on both my Diesel trucks as a negotiation for buying the truck and I have no complaints yet. I did have a drop in on a old GMC that I had and I did not like it at all, to slippery and it rubbed all the paint off.
Old 08-05-2004, 08:57 AM

Spray in Arma Coating. This is a hot spray like Line-X. It is my understanding that Line-X split from Arma-coating. Basically the same product. Since I bought my truck in Eugene, Or where Arma-coating inc. is located I asked the dealer to offer them $300.00 over the rail, out the door price. Refusing to loose business to Line-X they agreed.

So far I like it. They did a GREAT job.

Brian

Quick Reply: Bed Liner Poll: Spray-in vs. Drop-in?