3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Bed extenders

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2004, 09:25 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Bed extenders

Do any of you short-bed owners use a bed extender? Do you find them useful? If so, where do you get them and how much do they cost? GM offers them as a factory option, but I didn't see any on the DC order sheet. I don't know if I'd really use it much, but after reading the other thread about the short vs. long arguments, I thought maybe this would give me the best of both worlds . . .
Old 03-29-2004, 09:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yup, had one on my last truck. Liked it and used it alot. Sold it with the truck, kinda wish I would have kept it. You can order them from most any truck accessory stores, Cabelas, or even your dealer. Cost around $200.

It worked great. Gave extra length when you need it, but also keeps things like coolers from sliding around in the bed (when you have the gate closed and the extender folded in). Just lift out when you don't need it.

what I did not like is the fact that you could not put it in - in the "down" postion. Would have been nice for hauling something high like an ATV. You'd still need to tie down the ATV, but an ATV is too high to put in the extender because it goes in "up" and then folds down. Someone smart should make them with a "latch" so you can put them in the truck in the down position and latch it. Hope this all makes sence.

Overall, it's a usefull thing to have and I like it.
Old 03-30-2004, 10:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NJ,

See extender at this address:

http://store.yahoo.com/rodi/citrbedex.html

It looks like this one has a tailgate that swings down.